Explore Learning Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Explore Learning Interview Questions

Interviews at Explore Learning

2.9

Graduate Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Explore Learning in July 2014.

Interview

It was an in-depth process with an assessment day. I felt it was quite a good way of finding out more about the candidates.
    Felt that the feedback from the process wasn’t as strong as it could be.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in future   1 Answer

5 Jun 2018 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thanks for taking the time to review your interview experience that took place in 2014. We now provide feedback at every stage of the process for our graduate positions to help ensure candidates... More

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Birmingham, England) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview at local centre - Informal chat about experience, why Explore Learning, the chance to work with some of the children in the centre. Interview includes a role play that you get feedback on.
    Assessment day- Very personable, role plays and group tasks as well as a one to one interview. Very enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• If a tutor made an inappropriate comment, how would you react?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Explore Learning in April 2016.

Interview

Preliminary 15 minute phone interview, followed by an invite to a group interview. Usually lasts a day or so. Give you a tour of the centre and see how you fit in.

Interview Questions

• Very unspecific questions - what management style would you bring to Explore. Recruiters seems very uninterested.   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Learning.

Interview

I completed an online application and received an email the next day about arranging an interview. I was sent an agenda with information to prepare for the interview. I felt the information given about the experience portion of the interview did not accurately reflect the actual process on the day. A lot of information was given at the interview and I was asked if I understood this and what I thought about this instead of questions more focused on past experience. The interview involved a sales role-play and a chance to interact with some of the children attending the centre while they worked on their daily tasks. One of the interviewer's seemed bored throughout the whole process and got distracted at one point during my interview which is the main reason this was a negative experience for me. I was provided with good feedback from the recruitment team and they were very timely and efficient.

Interview Questions

Explore Learning Response

7 Dec 2016 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback, it is extremely valuable for us to improve our procedures. We will certainly review the expectations we are setting for candidates attending an interview with us... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Watford, East of England, England) in May 2016.

Interview

Online Application followed by Telephone Interview. I filled out an online form and added my CV and covering letter to the upload. I received an email asking me to schedule an time for a telephone interview from head office.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a tutor making an inappropriate comment to a student?   1 Answer

4 Jul 2018 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your feedback surrounding your application experience in 2016. I am sorry you found the experience negative - it is not clear from your review what about the application process was... More

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Explore Learning in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an invitation to interview within a week or so. To their credit Explore were flexible on the date and location of the interview. Having said that, don't expect to be given your first choice in terms of location. I think that I ended up attending an interview at my fourth choice of location roughly three weeks after applying.

In my case there was some miscommunication between local branches. As a result the staff were not expecting me when I arrived and I was asked to return a little while later. Both of the interviewers seemed a slightly under prepared throughout the interview but given the circumstance this was understandable. It was a bit unprofessional but certainly forgivable. Personally I felt more at ease as I seemed well-prepared by comparison.

Initial questions were related to my CV (which hadn't printed correctly). Why this role? Why Explore? The rest of the interview was mainly made up of scenario based questions and a sales role play. I felt as though I got feedback throughout the interview, not only during the role play. The impression I got is that they want you to pass. Use this to your advantage. Ask questions. The interview was more chatty than I expected. Plenty of thinking time.

Interview attire. Most of you have probably got this sorted already but I tend to stress over this aspect a little too much. Went in a shirt, tie, smart trousers and fairly formal shoes. Didn't feel underdressed. Could have worn a suit, wouldn't have been overkill. There is seemingly a strong emphasis at Explore on climbing the ladder (a very narrow ladder) so it would perhaps be wise to dress with that aspiration in mind, one job higher.

Interview Questions

• Inappropriate comment from staff and/or fellow student. What would you do? Similar questions listed here already.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Hampton, South East England, England) in March 2013.

Interview

Two steps; one in centre interview and then an assessment day at Head Office. There are multiple opportunities throughout the process to gain feedback and adapt which to my understanding is fairly unique for a graduate job interview process.

Interview Questions

• What impact could you make on centre performance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Guildford, England) in January 2013.

Interview

An application online which asks you to discuss your experiences, skills and qualifications.
    Telephone Interview to discuss your reasons for applying for the position.
    Assessment day in a centre that already exists to demonstrate sales skills in a role play and demonstrate ability to build rapport with young people.
    Assessment day in head office.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in marketing?
      Why do you want to work for Explore Learning?
      How do you feel about marketing Explore Learning?
      What experience do you have working with young people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Prepare your transferrable skills well and research the company and your reasons for applying. Consider what impact you could have on a centre and talk passionately about this.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Learning in April 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of CV based and scenario questions and a role play then followed by interacting with children in the centre. Some of the interview questions were easy but some were quite difficult such as the scenario ones. Overall it felt like the interviewers did not want me to progress and that was the vibe I got within the first 20 minutes or so of the interview. They will send you lots of information about the interview process before your interview so make sure you read that fully and prepare. They want to see your buisness management skills more than your enthusiasm about working with children so bear that in mind. This job is good for someone who wants to work in sales as the role is focused on meeting sales targets. All in all, by the time I had left the interview I had realised this was not the job for me so I was glad I did not progress any further.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a tutor made an innapropriate comment to a student?
      Your centres sales targets are slipping and your Centre Director is away. How would you motivate the team to maintain sales targets?   Answer Question

31 May 2016 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and we're sorry that you felt that the interviewers did not want you to progress as that is certainly not how we would want you to feel. We pride... More

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Leicester, England) in March 2013.

Interview

Very quick to be honest. I had to do a phone interview, centre based interview and then an assessment day. The whole process took about 3 weeks, I enjoyed it!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.