Explore Learning Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 12 Sep 2019

Found 393 reviews

3.8
Pros
Cons
  • "they're under pressure to sign kids up but what that means for tutors is increased demand in tutoring children as young as 4(in 59 reviews)

• "Looking at the reviews on Glassdoor, a strong theme is about working hours(in 30 reviews)

1. "Challenging and fun working environment"

I worked at Explore Learning part-time

Pros

- Excellent way to develop leadership skills - Good teaching experience

Cons

- Steep initial learning curve

Explore Learning2019-08-27

August 28, 2019Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thanks for your feedback following your time as a Tutor with us. All the best for the future!

2. "best part time job"

Current Employee - Tutor in Manchester, England

I have been working at Explore Learning part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Pays really well, you have a pay review teach year which is determined by how well you do in the role and your length of service. - Learn how to work with so many types of children (SEN, low concentration, non- english speaking etc.) - Lovely, positive environment to be in, kids look up to you, parents are lovely. - Tutor team feels like a family, you have trainings and socials.

Cons

- Can be stressful during busy showtimes.

Explore Learning2019-09-12
  3. "Amazing"

Current Employee - Tutor
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Explore Learning part-time for less than a year

Pros

Been at the job about 3 months now, absolutely amazing. Kids are lovely and well behaved, nice likeminded staff and management who actually care about their employees

Cons

None that I can think of.

Explore Learning2019-09-08

September 10, 2019Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience as a Tutor over the past 3 months. It's lovely to hear that you have had an amazing experience so far, and that you have a fantastic management team - I'm sure they'd love to hear your feedback directly if you haven't told them already. Thank you ...

4. "Tutor at explore learning"

Current Employee - Tutor At Explore Learning

I have been working at Explore Learning part-time

Pros

Great management, flexibility and communication with children when working.

Cons

None that I have experienced

Explore Learning2019-09-07

September 10, 2019Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your lovely feedback - it's wonderful to hear how much you enjoy the tutor role, and that you would recommend it to others. Thank you for your hard work and all the best for your continued career at Explore Learning.

5. "Great student job"

I worked at Explore Learning part-time

Pros

Fulfilling. Flexible. Fun. Good training.

Cons

Evenings and weekends. Not lots of hours.

Explore Learning2019-09-07

September 10, 2019Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your feedback - I am pleased you found the tutor role fulfilling, flexible and fun (great alliteration!) Sorry to hear you didn't receive many hours - I will make sure I pass all your feedback on. All the best for the future!

6. "Flexible"

Former Employee - Assistant Tutor in Leicester, England

I worked at Explore Learning part-time for less than a year

Pros

Worked well with student timetables

Cons

Was asked to tidy centre

Explore Learning2019-09-06

September 10, 2019Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased the role worked well with your timetables. All of us that have worked in centres get involved tidying the centre - we want to make sure the learning environment is the best it can be for our members! All the best for the future.

7. "It’s okay..."

Former Employee - Tutor in nine elms, England

I worked at Explore Learning part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great working with children, you see so many characters and it’s great to see their improvement and listen to their stories. Flexible Hours to fit you, particularly students Good for obtaining more communication skills Opportunities in self learning Nice socials

Cons

Management definitely show traits of favouring certain tutors. Can be condescending and rude in how they speak to tutors, remember we are human too Like to sit in the office and have a gossip, same with some other tutors Purposely make some tutors tutor 6 children back to back, whilst other tutors hardly have another in their zone Pay is HORRIBLE, for the amount of work you’d do. You do more than the managers... yet get bad pay. Expect you to deliver excellent workshops whilst giving you the information an hour before and have no training on it Literally cannot talk to other tutors without being rudely told to stop talking or looked at

Advice to Management

Treat tutors with some respect, they’re not your children they don’t work for you. They work for Explore Learning just like you guys do. Consider getting out the office and actually helping out more. Communication is key in the accurate and professional way!!

Explore Learning2019-09-02

September 3, 2019Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Tutor in Nine Elms. I am sorry to read there were some issues within your team. I will ensure I pass this on, and do feel free to get in touch with our HR team if you would like to share any further feedback: hr@explorelearning.co.uk All ...

8. "Good company"

Former Employee - Tutor in Staines, England

I worked at Explore Learning part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly staff and management Lovely students

Cons

Lack of breaks Pushy parents Lack of time to prepare workshops Little help on areas of low confidence

Advice to Management

Make sure staff are always given a break. Make sure tricky parents are not left for tutors to deal with Make parents understand better how the tutoring system works

Explore Learning2019-08-15

August 19, 2019Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your feedback - it is really useful and will help us make improvements. All the best for the future!

9. "Friendly and inviting atmosphere"

I worked at Explore Learning part-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a real team spirit at Explore Learning, between the tutors and parents of the kids you are tutoring. My Centre Director had my back the entire time I worked at Explore Learning (2 years). The shifts were easy to navigate and we were told that there is a minimum of 2 shifts a week (8 hours per week).

Cons

To some extent, it is difficult to see how you are helping the kids, it felt like an organised daycare some days, but this was not always the case.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, but maybe see which kids require more help and focus on them, so they benefit as much as the others.

Explore Learning2019-08-14

August 19, 2019Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience of tutoring at Explore. It's great to hear about the team spirit in your centre, and that you had great support from your Centre Director. I will ensure I pass on your feedback - thanks again!

10. "Fab support and confidence building"

Former Employee - Tutor in Wolverhampton, England

I worked at Explore Learning part-time for more than a year

Pros

Training Opportunities to run workshops and content evenings

Cons

Late finish but tbh, shifts would start at 3:30 or 4pm

Explore Learning2019-08-11

August 19, 2019Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Tutor in Wolverhampton. It is great to read that you recommend the role and that you have benefitted from training and running workshops. All the best for the future and thank you for your contribution as a tutor.

Found 393 reviews