Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Express Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct 2017

2.0

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Entire process took around 1 month. Basic questions during interview mostly situational to gauge how you would deal with customers. Very thorough and they called all 3 of my references so make sure you have good references.

Interview Questions

• Know the history of the company. Know how you would deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mays Landing, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express (Mays Landing, NJ (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with one other high school girl. There was a third but the manager said to forget her because she was late. The woman was very nice she explained the position, talked to us about shifts, "dress code", and emphasized that the customers were the backbone of the store and that customer service was key. She then gave us a short introduction about herself then asked us to do the same. The other girl basically just agreed with everything I was saying the whole time. At the end the manager told us there were 20 people applying altogether but she only needed to 2 she then told us she would call us on tuesday(the interview was on a friday if we got the job)

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Cleveland, OH (US)).

Interview

very chill...individual interview then group interview...just be talkative and not weird and you should be fine getting the job... surprisingly a lot of people did apply with my batch (at least 10) but they selected two people... submit resume too

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at express   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Buffalo, NY (US)).

Interview

You go through two interviews. Both are group interviews, first with the hiring manager then with the store manager. The manager will present a question and each candidate has to answer. It lasts around 20 minutes.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Sacramento, CA (US)).

Interview

Group interview with 2 more people, friendly atmosphere. The worker asked many questions about fashion, our opinions about Express store, about our outfits, more situational questions like - what would you do , how would you react.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

It wasn't so much of an interview as an explanation of the position. She only asked me two questions but it was clear she was intending to give me an offer at the end. Since I was 17, she explained I could only work 4 hr shifts, including weekends, and at $7.75. They really wanted to hire me, but I had gotten a better offer earlier, so I declined. She made it obvious that customer satisfaction was more important than anything else, and the position of sales associate is more a stylist than anything else.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (El Cajon, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with one other person. There was supposed to be another girl there but she came late so the manager didn't let her join. The guy that was with me was super cool and we got along well which was good in front of the manager. When we took turns answering, we kind of bounced off of each other/agreed with each other and added on to what the other was saying. We didn't answer the questions as if it was a competition. She was really easy going and didn't make the interview seem super serious. She laughed with us and let us ask questions at the end. Overall, it was pretty easy and good. It took about an hour. When I came in, I told an associate that I was here for an interview and the manager showed up about five minutes later and brought us to the back with her. I got a call with an offer about an hour after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw an employee steal? A customer steal?   1 Answer
    • What do you think would be the right punishment for stealing?   1 Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • If a female walked in and was looking for something not too casual and not too fancy, how would you help her find what she wants?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express (Omaha, NE (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I was interested in several positions. Unfortunately the hiring person was so hell bent on getting the 35 people for this Cox account she never gave me the information I went there for. I am now working with a different agency and they have been very helpful with finding a position that suits me far better.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any call center experience?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

I applied online, they called me for an interview a couple days after. I went in and it was fairly easy, like around 10 minutes. A week later, I was hired. Then I had to go in with a bunch of other women and we talked about everything we needed to know about working there. It was a pretty amazing experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Called me for an interview and it lasted about 15 min maybe less. Just asked generic question about my style and what I hope to get out of the job. I was hired right after the interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.