Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Express Interview Questions

Updated 23 Feb 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Received a phone call went in, was told to dress casual cute, got there was asked to pick a going out outfit and an outfit for an interview! Super great nice people

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call to set up in store interview within a week. In store interview was actually a group interview. Have to speak up in order to get noticed.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Sat down with a manager in a very informal setting after she showed me around the store. Asked me questions about what kind of places I like working in and what kind of schedule I would be interested in. Very friendly, one on one interview inside the mall.

Customer Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

I am in college and needed the experience so I thought retail would be a good fit to get started. Customer service jobs are always a great experience and can always learn something from every opportunity. They had expressed what they were seeking in an employee and I had answered every question with enthusiasm. After the interview, I was offered an offer on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

It was a group interview. Relatively easy. Try to be the first person to answer the question. They asked your standard retail sales interview questions. Why do you want to work here? Your customer service skills, teamwork skills, etc.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Really didnt have a formal interview . Just came in and they asked general questions about hours and experience . Little to no difficulty , it was one of the easiest interviews ive ever been on. Was hired on the spot

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Express (Grand Rapids, MI (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Filled out an online application and within a week, received a call from the Store Manager requesting a date & time for an interview. She decided the day and a time to meet and told me we'd be meeting in the store. When I arrived for the interview early, the manager was ringing up customers, as there were only 2 employees working that day. She took me into the back office, which was cluttered and freezing cold. We sat and talked a bit about the weather before she began the interview. She let me know she'd have to leave her radio on, as there was only 1 other employee working the front. She asked normal interview questions, got up and walked out during the process about 4 or 5 times, as she was needing to help out front and was receiving a delivery. After all was said and done (about an hour of questions) she let me know that she would speak with her district manager and call me back . I sent a handwritten thank you note after the interview had finished. She called back to thank me for the note and to let me know she didn't have any managerial positions and she'd keep me first in line when one became available.

Interview Questions

• Why work for Express?   1 Answer
    • (Mostly behavioral response questions) Tell me about a time that you had a difficult customer, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of when you had to deal with a difficult employee, what was the solution?   Answer Question
    • In your sales/retail experience, what was one of the things you enjoyed doing the most? Specific details?   Answer Question

I accepted a position with another company. I waited for two weeks to hear from her that there were no positions open, even though the company's website said there were...

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (Edison, NJ (US)).

Interview

Group interview with about 5 other people. Easy enough for anyone with a high school degree, or is still in high school. The manager was nice & enthusiastic. Blunt personalities all around, just there to make money. Didn't seem to bother anyone the fact that most people complained about the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

The application is completed online. I received a call from the hiring manager within a week to schedule an interview, went in for short interview (~15 mins), and was hired and scheduled for orientation within a week from the interview. The interview was simple, a few questions about any customer service or retail experience (I had no retail experience), schedule, hours I wanted, etc.

Interview Questions

• A customer comes in and asks for help finding a dress. What are 3 followup questions you would ask?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Asked in store if they were hiring, they told me to apply online. I applied online (simple application and a personality test), they had me come in for an interview. The assistant manager brought me into the stockroom and just ran through really basic, typical interview questions. She called me back a day or two later and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work holidays?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really any. She called and offered the job and starting wage, asked if I wanted the job or not.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.