FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at FTI Consulting

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Portland, OR (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

They asked me a lot about my portfolio and how I would deal with clients. I also took a technical skills test on PowerPoint and Indesign. They also gave a take-home test to see your creative side.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you received hard or difficult criticism?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

I applied online and was then chosen for first-round interview. This took place on-campus and was about thirty to forty minutes long. The interview was mainly traditional interview questions and one behavioral question.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Initial 45 minute interview on campus that is designed to find people who match companies values. Then had a meet and greet followed by a super day at the office the next day. All interviews were predominately behavorial with the exception of one designed to go over a take home case study.

Interview Questions

• Asked to go over details about my resume, cover letter, and transcript.   Answer Question

Forensic Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

On-campus interview and then 3 back to back at the office. On campus interview was entirely behavioral, and got background information about the company and the specific role that I applied to. Office interviews were 3 back to back with different directors and managers - asked mostly about past experience, courses, and a few technical questions on reading financial statements.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Generic, final step is to get super day in office. This is were final decision was made involved a set of interviews and case study. Not a bad process and required understanding of the company and what they did.

EFC Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied to this role through a recruiter, and had an initial phone call with him. Then it came up with 1 round onsite and 1 round take-home case study.

Interview Questions

• The onsite round is mostly about going trough my resume and past experience, and the case study is about derivative pricing.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Initial office visit and behavioral interview. About one month later, invited to a superday and had multiple interviews throughout the day and a dinner the night before. Heard back within a week.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

30 minutes phone interview with hr then onsite interview with all the group members 30 minutes each (total about 2 hours). Staff were very kind. Nice office. HR were very nice and responsive. Structured interview.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Very unprofessional interviewing process. Rude interviewer -- she kept rolling her eyes at my responses. She yelled at me when I asked a question she said she'd already answered.

Interview Questions

• She kept asking me what my weaknesses are. Never asked about my strengths. Very negative experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Invited through diversity forum. Presentation about the company. Day prior, happy hourish event. Everyone, I mean everyone was competent and nice.

Interview with a director. Intimidating, but keep your chin-up, look at them in the eyes and answer the questions.

Written assignment afterwards. Then offer. Process took about 5 weeks.

HR is very kind. However, they are overworked.

Consulting Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. This was followed by a phone screen with another recruiter, two 30 minute phone interviews with a Senior Director and Managing Director, and then an in-person with two Senior Directors. Overall, the phone interviews were pretty good, standard questions about my work experience and education, couple of behavioral questions. In-person interviews were laughably terrible, with neither of the Senior Directors having reviewed my resume beforehand, which meant the 30 minutes was spent walking them through my life story with no time for questions about their work or FTI itself. It became clear pretty quickly that they were simply pro-forma interviews and that they had already decided who they were going to give the job to. Sorry that I wasted my time with FTI's incompetent and unprofessional process. Needless to say, would not recommend this firm for experienced hires...

Interview Questions

• What are the downsides of working here? Why would you leave your current job to come here? Why FTI? Are you really sure you want to work in consulting?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.