FTI Consulting Reviews

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at FTI Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Intellectually stimulating work Good work-life balance

Cons

Varies on department that you are working for

2. "Role"

Current Employee - Business Development Associate in London, England

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time

Pros

Culture, commission structure, high base and career progression

Cons

More frequent training programmes and

3. "Great place to work!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast-paced environment with varied work

Cons

Hot desking was occasionally difficult

FTI Consulting Response

Thanks for the review! It's great to hear you're enjoying being part of the growing team at FTI Consulting, (well, aside from that hot-desking part if that's still a practice at your office)!

4. "A mixed bag"

4.0
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at FTI Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of good people, clients and briefs, opportunity to work in sector teams

Cons

Typical consultancy culture - lack of flexibility, poor work-life balance and focus on billable hours

FTI Consulting Response

Thanks for your feedback. We pride ourselves on our people and the growth opportunities that you mentioned. We realize work/life blend can be challenging and our teams continually look for creative ways to make it easier.

5. "Ok"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at FTI Consulting full-time

Pros

Interesting big clients and projects

Cons

Difficult colleagues bad culture old boys club

FTI Consulting Response

Thanks for sharing your experience, even though it wasn't a perfect one. We're glad that you found our clients impressive and that the work was interesting to you. Best wishes in your new opportunity.

6. "I wouldn't go back again"

1.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice office, bright colleagues, big clients

Cons

I was told by my manager that all employees should have a 'poker face'- it was not acceptable to be authentic and a very hierarchical environment felt quite oppressive

FTI Consulting Response

Thanks for sending in this review - we're glad to hear that you give your colleagues, our CEO and our clients high marks, but sorry that some of your experience felt less than ideal to you. It's difficult to tell from your review if you're still working with us, but if so, we encourage you to speak with the HR Business Partner for your group about your experience.

"Good company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Strategic and Financial Communications Consultant in London, England

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Passionate professionals, interesting tasks, good clients

Cons

Tasks are unclear sometimes, communication within the team is sometimes poor

FTI Consulting Response

Thank you so much for your positive review. We're especially glad to hear you call out the passionate professionals working at FTI. We agree!

"Exceptionally professional and extremely talented"

Current Employee - Senior Director in London, England

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time

Pros

First class client list Great company culture Great perks Doesn't take itself too seriously

Cons

Pay could be better Slightly too corporate

FTI Consulting Response

Absolutely agree with your perspective on our people and culture! Our"Experts with Impact" in aggregate are unmatched in depth and breadth of expertise, and serve a client list that includes 96 of the world’s top 100 law firms, 8 of the 10 largest bank holding companies, and 53 of the world’s 100 largest companies. Thanks so much for your review!

"A Great Company to Work for"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Highly motivating; very respectable and specialist leadership team; caring employees and leaders; engaging and interesting workload; everyone is incredibly loyal and truly believes in the work they are doing; massive appreciation shown for hard work and dedication; it definitely doesn't go unnoticed that the team is very well looked after!

Cons

The supporting services could be improved for instance finance, IT, HR and facilities. Also there are some very old, time-consuming systems that really need updating/changing eg. Carpe Diem for time-entry and Chrome River for invoice entry. Lastly, there is a ticketing system used for all the services eg. IT, which is very poorly designed and it would be much easier if they got rid of it all together.

FTI Consulting Response

Awesome! Thanks so much for the review and for so eloquently describing the positive atmosphere and culture you've experienced at FTI, and at our London offices in particular. We also appreciate hearing about areas for improvement. As we've grown as a firm, we regularly review our software systems and vendors to make sure they meet/exceed our current needs. I'm sure we'll continue to see tweaks/updates in the future! Thanks again for taking the time to post this impressive review, and for all the great work that you do!

10. "average"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time

Pros

atmosphere at hq is good, they have friday drinks and annual team away days (cancelled for the last 3 years however)

Cons

salary, the company structure and incentives makes it difficult to work with different teams and collaborate

FTI Consulting Response

Thank you for taking the time to send through your review. We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you enjoy working with your team members and some unique work perks. Based on regular reviews of the market, we believe our total rewards package, inclusive of salary and bonus programs, is competitive. Thanks for your feedback!

Found 823 reviews