Filestage Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 10 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Filestage

Filestage

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Filestage in Jun 2022

Interview

The interview process is organized very well, on paper. But in fact, the company has you chasing them on all interview stages. They expect you to invest a week to prepare for two tasks, and then can't spare 30 minutes to actually properly review the submission. Here are the details if you need them: First stage is the general interview. Nobody showed up on the call and didn't warn me about it either, so I had to follow up myself. Well, stuff happens, we rescheduled. This time everything went according to expectations. We even met one more time after that to address questions that I still had unanswered which I appreciate. The next stage is a test assignment which actually includes two (!) tasks. Each requires a presentation and a video to be recorded. I invested a week to prepare the required content, and aimed to be very thorough with my approach with both tasks. I sent the completed assignment in time, and was promised to get feedback in a day. A week passed. I had to remind about myself. Only after that I got an answer. The feedback was: "You weren't concise enough for this kind of task, and experiments are lacking UX considerations". The problem is, nobody actually watched the video and the conclusions were clearly driven from the presentation which is only 50% of the content. How do I know? Because Product Managers are used to rely on analytics, that's how. The depth of view of my video is 17 seconds. Nobody from the team watched it. Otherwise they would know that I went over each experiment in 3 minutes on average, which is very concise in my opinion. In addition, I specifically addressed the risks in user experience associated with the experiment that I suggested, and explained why this wouldn't actually be a problem. I even proposed alternatives that would completely negate that. It'not clear to me why the team bothers requesting this type of assignment which is very time consuming from the applicant`s side, if they don't spare the effort to even open the video. If there are specific standards, they should be specified in the task upfront. Otherwise, I was left with the impression that they don't really care about the process or the candidate.

Interview Questions
  • Why did I apply to Filestage?
    1 Answer

Filestage

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Filestage

Interview

The process was pretty smooth. An initial call with one of the Engineering Managers to get to know you a little bit and what your day to day work is like. Then a take home assignment which you get a week to complete. I was so swamped with my work that it took me a little more time to get it done, i informed them about this and they were pretty okay with it. If they like your assignment then there is a longer call with the Head of Development and an engineer discussing your assignment in detail and asking questions based on it. Then a final call with the Founders, asking about your previous experiences and future endeavours. You get a chance to ask questions at the end to know more about the company.

Interview Questions
  • What is the use of useCallback? In NodeJS, what is the event loop?

The latest conversations about Tech

60 Comments

Tech

239.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Filestage~2536549
Join the conversation on

Filestage

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Filestage in Oct 2021

Interview

The process was really fast. The technical process I found it really good and really enjoyable They ask me a few questions about how to handle some situations. About my previous jobs. What I'm looking for in filestage

Interview Questions
  • - What are you looking for a new job? - What are you looking for in filestage? - They will ask you about previous jobs - Handle some situations

Filestage

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Filestage

Interview

Despite the assignment was working perfectly and all the questions were answered completely, they didn't offer the position and made up excuses. The process wasn't fair. Technical interviewer was weird.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Filestage

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Filestage

Interview

There were a number of steps, all well-explained from the outset, including a very detailed application page with a number of questions. Submission of CV, video submission, initial interview, etc. Really impressed with those I spoke to from the company, and the well-organised and empathic approach to the hiring process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Filestage

Application

I interviewed at Filestage

Interview

2 interviews, great experience with all the participants. No pressure, just a great exchange with other founders and employees. Really good process, I like it very much. 2 interviews, really good process again.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tbilisi

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Filestage (Tbilisi) in Apr 2021

Interview

Friendly process and clear information about they are looking for the position. They also provided extra steps in the application process. They also focus on looking for someone that will help customers as a priority.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alicante

Application

I interviewed at Filestage (Alicante)

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews that I attended. The first was a normal greet/tell me about yourself kind of session, the next one was a automation/manual coding assignment. The next round was Technical interview and I did not get past that. While the interviewer(who is the team lead I guess) was very nice and cordial, the CTO who was on the call had many technical issues and that was completely distracting. He would ask a question and while I was answering he would leave the meeting and hop back on after a minute. This happened atleast 10 times during a 30 minute interview. My only suggestion is that if you have technical issues we can always reschedule. Just as you expect the interviewee to be on time and have a reasonable internet connection, the same applies to you as well. It is very confusing and distracting to see the interviewer hop on and off every minute, if not more often. Just imagine someone opening the door every minute while you are presenting in a meeting. It would be hard for anyone to focus in such an environment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Filestage (New York, NY)

Interview

Get you to do four tasks for an assessment before even an initial call. No feedback given even after spending hours on task, just a generic rejection email. Poor, given the amount of effort required at the first stage.

Interview Questions
  • The assessment consists of four tasks based on marketing for a software company. No feedback given despite the time spent having to do these tasks, felt like a waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in Stuttgart

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Filestage (Stuttgart) in Feb 2021

Interview

The interview process was structured, clear and agile. There was an introductory culture call followed by an assignment relating to the role, and then a more in-depth interview and the chance to meet the C Levels of the company. The feedback and follow up calls were managed quickly and it was great to meet many members of the team before finishing the process. There was a good positive atmosphere during the calls which reflected the company culture and I was made to feel comfortable. It was professional but not too formal.

Interview Questions
  • How would you ensure that there was a fun and social environment within a remote company
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews