Fitch Ratings Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find your next job here

Fitch Ratings Interview Questions

Updated 25 Jan 2018

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview

I had a phone screening interview with an HR rep in December; there were some finance related questions, but mostly related to my resume. In January, I was contacted to set up another interview and to send in a writing sample. I had a WebEx interview with three directors of the group I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Give us your elevator pitch (what are three things someone should know about you).   Answer Question
    • What are your writing skills like?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

1 phone interview screening with HR regarding my resume, experiences, some STAR questions, and overall economic current events knowledge. Within a few days, I was offered the next step: 1 on-site in Chicago (2-interviewer case study + 1 casual interview with an analyst). The case study was short and required a presentation and synthesis of a proprietary article. And then got grilled on my knowledge of basic finance. The casual interview was great to just get to know someone from the firm.

Market Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for short phone call with HR involving personality questions, why are you interested in this position etc, then a longer phone call with hiring manager the following week.

Interview Questions

• Investment grade bonds, yields, tell me something about the markets.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview

Talked with many senior directors got referrals. Took skills quiz and failed. Make sure you take the practice tests and take a solid break in-between tests so you don't ware yourself out. Overall don't be afraid to connect with the employees on LinkedIn they are very helpful.

Senior Market Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Worked through a recruiter who submitted my resume to the company. The company reached back out to schedule a phone interview for the next day! People who work here are very knowledgeable!

Interview Questions

• Questions related to private equity and credit/debt knowledge!   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview process was a very long process that included: HR screening; interviews by Directors from Chicago office; interviews with NYC office; writing sample; special project; 2nd rounds with the NYC office.

Overall, felt like there was no leadership throughout the process and the scope of the role was not well defined. The interview team also took very long time between each interviews and follow up.

Interview Questions

Fitch Ratings Response

22 Aug 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. I recently joined Fitch Ratings in a new role to transform and lead talent acquisition, including the candidate and interview experience. Our goal is... More

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings in June 2017.

Interview

One 30 minute phone screen with HR in June
    One 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager in July
    One in person superday with 4 in-person interviews and a writing test in August
    Overall lengthy process but if you can stick it out, well worth it.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about fitch, know macro trends and current events relevant to your team/position   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview

Met with 3 individuals from the accounting team, and also had to take an excel test. I forgot to mention that the first step was the phone screen which lasted about thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background and also ERP related questions.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school career portal. Was contacted for a phone screen, than went for an in person interview. They got back to me pretty quick from both interviews.

Interview Questions

• Basic finance definitions,. I.E. whats a bond, credit rating, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief, behavioral interview. It was nothing too strenuous a couple of phone calls and very simple technical questions to make sure you essentially were not lying on your resume. Not a painful process by any means

Interview Questions

Fitch Ratings Response

27 Oct 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad your interview experience went well, and I hope you enjoyed your time here at Fitch during yourinternship.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.