Fitch Ratings Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Fitch Ratings Interview Questions

Updated 12 Oct 2017

Senior Market Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Worked through a recruiter who submitted my resume to the company. The company reached back out to schedule a phone interview for the next day! People who work here are very knowledgeable!

Interview Questions

• Questions related to private equity and credit/debt knowledge!   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview process was a very long process that included: HR screening; interviews by Directors from Chicago office; interviews with NYC office; writing sample; special project; 2nd rounds with the NYC office.

Overall, felt like there was no leadership throughout the process and the scope of the role was not well defined. The interview team also took very long time between each interviews and follow up.

Interview Questions

Fitch Ratings Response

22 Aug 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. I recently joined Fitch Ratings in a new role to transform and lead talent acquisition, including the candidate and interview experience. Our goal is... More

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings in June 2017.

Interview

One 30 minute phone screen with HR in June
    One 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager in July
    One in person superday with 4 in-person interviews and a writing test in August
    Overall lengthy process but if you can stick it out, well worth it.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about fitch, know macro trends and current events relevant to your team/position   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview

Met with 3 individuals from the accounting team, and also had to take an excel test. I forgot to mention that the first step was the phone screen which lasted about thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background and also ERP related questions.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school career portal. Was contacted for a phone screen, than went for an in person interview. They got back to me pretty quick from both interviews.

Interview Questions

• Basic finance definitions,. I.E. whats a bond, credit rating, etc.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn. Was asked to come in for an in-person interview 3 weeks later, understood hiring takes awhile. Never had an initial phone screen, but the people who interviewed me mistakenly thought I did. First HR blunder. The in-person interview consisted of four, 30 minute interviews with members of the team. Mostly behavioral with a couple easy accounting technical questions. Was then asked 1 week later to come in for a writing assignment in which I had to write a one-page report on a fictitious company with information provided to me by Fitch. No technical skills or knowledge necessary here - was strictly a writing assessment. The administrator told me they "forgot" to give this to me during the in-person interview - blunder number two. I was contacted by HR later that afternoon and given a verbal offer for an Analyst role, with HR actually bumping up my starting salary by $5k (told them I had a competing offer). No contact for about 5 days after this (weird). Was then called by HR and told that they had made a mistake - and asked if I would be interested in a Credit Associate (entry-level) role due to my lack of experience (~1 year in investment banking). Additionally, I would be making $10k less than what they offered. I begrudgingly accepted this, and was told I would need to take an online assessment to finalize everything. This was two, 30 minute writing and basic math assessments. I took the practice exams and got a 8/10 on math, and 8/8 on writing. Felt good about the actual exams. About a week later, and after numerous emails in attempt to speak with HR, I was contacted via EMAIL and told that "my performance on the online exam" was not sufficient to have an offer. I asked the HR point of contact in MULTIPLE times for feedback, and my results on the exam. I was never given either, and she would not get on the phone with me to discuss the issue. Overall, this was the worst hiring experience I have ever been a part of, and would not recommend Fitch to anyone looking for a good job at a company with a decent HR department. You will not find this here. Overall, the process was ~3 weeks of indecision, confusion, and ultimately disappointment. HR could benefit from hiring new staff to support the hiring process.

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

An agency set me up with an initial phone screen and later an onsite. The combined time for the phone screen and onsite took about 2-3 weeks. In my experience the company was extremely quick to interview though very slow to make a decision or to provide feedback.

The onsite was quite long, about 4 hours if I recall. The interviewers were all pleasant, though collectively were also quite terse and direct. There was very little if any attempt to sell me on the position or on the Company culture. The resounding vibe was more about why I wanted to work there and what I could do for them.

Multiple interviewers asked me how I would handle very last-minute requirements for new projects, which made me think that this was a common scenario. The technical questions were very situational, though some white-boarding was also done. Many of the whiteboard and non-whiteboard questions seemed to be centered or based on problems the company needed to resolve.

My overall impression is that candidates who are accustomed to working in Corporate Environments and in the Finance Industry would fit in. To be fair, the company did seem to have good initiatives to develop their DevOps practice and they knew exactly what they wanted.

My only criticism is of the Office itself: the fluorescent lighting on the floor I was on was very harsh and too bright, which for me would be very distracting and draining.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle last-minute requirements for a Project?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interview process was very quick. Consisted of a 5 hour long interview where I met various members of the team I applied to and had two assessments related to the job. One of the assessments consisted of providing an opinion about a fictitious company and writing a one page report on it. The second assessment was specific to the group I was joining.

Interview Questions

• How would you analyze a company's ability to meet its obligations?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview

I was interviewed with three managers onsite in Chicago. At the beginning I was asked to read a report and describe the change in creditworthiness for companies if oil prices fluctuate. I was given 30 minutes to describe my answer, then had to present my answer in 10 minutes or less to three managers.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview

Phone interview first with HR, followed by an on-site interview. First hour with manager, next hour with two of the senior members of the team. Everyone was professional and personable. They were interested in my experience and very informative about the position.

Con: it took over two months before they let me know they filled the position with an internal hire. I sent them one email a few weeks after the interview, no response.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were directly in reference to my resume and past experience.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.