GSM London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 28 Aug 2017

2.5

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at GSM London (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

I went through a two-stage interview process. Both of the interviews had two interviewers each (one of whom is a Manager/senior and the other is an Assistant.

They will ask a lot of questions that may come across as they are experts, but don't be fooled by this - as once you join the organisation, you will realise that there are no set processes, the managers are incapable of doing their job, HR cannot provide adequate support as they themselves are not qualified.

Interview Questions

• What is your working style?
      What kind of manager do you work well under?
      Give me an example of when you overcame a tough customer?

These are basic ones, they also have some technical questions depending on the type of your role.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GSM London (London, England) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with three Senior staff at GSM London. The interview panel were friendly and professional. The panel made we feel at ease and clearly set out how the interview would run. I was given ample time during the interview to cover all of my and there points and questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked many questions that related to the role offered. This were expected questions in the context of the role and industry.   1 Answer

Student Finance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GSM London (London, England).

Interview

The interview was very quick. It was though a job agency that had spotted my CV online. I had two different interview's with first the finance controller \ manager and then the student finance manager who was amazing when I started and I got the job.

Departmental Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GSM London (London, England) in May 2015.

Interview

2 interviews with a panel of 3 in each. Things which where discussed in my interview were not truthful (such as how many departments I would be administrating for), which caused me to accept a salary much lower than I should have.

Both of my interviews were delayed by a lot and despite how much I try to ignore it, one of the interviewing panellists kept looking at me as if she was disgusted by my face (she would later become my manager).

Interview Questions

• Mostly ordinary, standard questions were asked. However, there was one which was quite different.

Q: If you were completing a task for your manager and then the dean asked you to complete a task for them too, however, you were unable to complete both tasks before the deadline, which task would you prioritise?   1 Answer

Student Recruitment Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GSM London (London, England) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and was invited to interview. I was meant to be meeting with a panel of managers, but instead I met one of them, who shook my hand and said he was busy, so I was to be interviewed by a couple of other members of staff. One interviewer was an IT support guy, and the other was from admissions - neither of whom had anything to do with the position, really, and neither of whom were managers. The guy from IT had seemingly never conducted an interview before, and managed to fudge asking the elementary aptitude questions. The woman from admissions was more accomplished - damning with faint praise, there - but as soon as I realised I wasn't going to be interviewed by anyone related to the position, I knew it would be a waste of time.

And it was.

First Term Engagement Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GSM London (Greenford, England) in January 2014.

Interview

I was called for a pre-interview check two weeks after applications closed.
    Then I was offered an interview. The interviewing panel consisted of the line manager and her lover - the latter was chewing gum during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you discourage students from leaving university?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GSM London (London, England) in October 2012.

Interview

Pretty smooth and easy, It was arranged at a specified time. In weeks after communication between employer, got worse. That should have been a warning sign to stay away, its an awful shame.

Interview Questions

• Whether I was capable of doing the Job, whether there were any challenges at my previous Job   Answer Question

Module Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GSM London (London, England) in June 2012.

Interview

A waste of time. It was a done deal prior to going as I had discussion about the post as someone had been helped out of the department and an opportunity created to bring in another friend. Not a great start as you are aware you are being employed as a friend and not on your actual skills set. You are also at the mercy of the friend who brought you in, and this organisation has an ability to turn a mid-mannered saint into a tyrannical saurus rex.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.