Gallup Systems Applications Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Gallup Systems Applications Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Gallup

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

You have a 60 min generic phone interview of "Describe a situation when...". If they like your answers they call you in for an in person interview.The phone interview can get frustrating. The in person interview was a technical interview where they asked me questions about Data Structures, and made me code on a white board!

Interview Questions

• Lots of "Describe a situation when..." questions!   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Systems Applications Developer Interview

Interview

Gallup has a unique three part interview process. You need to get through the part 1 talent assessment when you apply before they will extend you a phone interview. The Part 1 assessment matches your personality and work ethic to the corporate culture, so once your part 1 assessment is scored they will extend you part 2 (the phone interview) if you've done well enough to meet their talent profile. The initial phone interview is more or less a very in depth version of the part 1 talent assessment, with a variety of questions designed to see how you would react or behave in given situations or on past experiences. If you make it past this stage, they will get you to the technology part of the interview, which will go well if your technology skills and interests align with the position they are looking to fill and you demonstrate that during the interview.

Interview Questions

• From Pt. 2: What would you do if you were stuck in traffic late to a morning meeting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview process mainly focus on behavioural and then after qualifying you will be facing technical round.

Interview Questions

• Some questions on behavior which we do not expect that they will be asking like we need to answer about how to handle some situations which you never faced.   Answer Question

Systems Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Madison, WI (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Pretty straight forward process. Online assessment, phone behavior round then final round with a manager and a developer. They don't focus too much on technical questions but a lot of behavior questions on the second round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None since I'm an intern

Systems Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gallup in April 2013.

Interview

first HR interview, with two technical round interviews

Interview Questions

• interview mostly comprised of basic programing questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

You have to first do an online personality test; then you go through an interview with a manager. There can be many interviews with the manager, or like me, you can go through one and be hired.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my major and if I liked computer science.   1 Answer

Systems Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup in November 2016.

Interview

Several Skype interviews with various managers and technical staff. Most of the interviews were 30-45 minutes long. The interviews were spread out over about 3 months. I was hired in late November after applying early September.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you were a part of from start to finish   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

This was by-far the fastest time that I've experienced. Between submitting my application online and receiving an offer letter, only about 3 business days passed. That included a couple phone calls, an in-person interview, and several emails. Most of the time, I was speaking with people from the team that I've joined, or with the hiring manager -- this is really good because it allowed me to get a better understanding of the people that I would be working with, rather than feeling like a number in the HR machine.

Interview Questions

• They described a pseudocode method signature on the whiteboard, and then asked me to describe and write how I would solve the business problem according to the available input and returning the proper output. The method requested was for String processing and parsing.   Answer Question
    • They asked me to describe the Java memory model.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

1) Apply through online.
    2) Recruiter scheduled 30 minutes phone interview with her.
    3) I was asked to take a 1 hour online behavioral questions with around 90 questions. Only 20 seconds are allowed to choose the answer, otherwise it will auto skip to next question.
    4) After a week, Recruiter contacted me and scheduled 1 hour Technical Skype video interview.
    5) Technical interview was completely focused on my resume and design skills.
    6) I was extended an offer the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

It's Gallup, so there's a lot of surveys involved. Upon applying, I took a survey to see if I was a good fit for the position/team. After that, I had a phone interview (general interview questions). About 80% of applicants are weeded-out at this point. Then I had an in-person interview with a tech lead and a go-to (technical questions and more general questions). Then I took the StrengthsFinder test. About a week later I was contacted with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an abstract class and and an interface?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.