Geeks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Geeks Interview Questions

Interviews at Geeks

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geeks.

Interview

It was a straightforward process. Submitted my CV online and was contacted the next day for a telephone interview. It has been a month and I didn't get a feedback.

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Geeks in January 2020.

Interview

I received an email from Geeks HR to set up the first interview as they had found my CV and thought it matched the position. The first interview was a telephonic interview. I did not receive a second interview.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geeks.

Interview

It was a face to face interview in their office with 3 people. It was very similar to what I had read about this company on Glassdoor. It was a waste of time for me.

Trainee Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Geeks (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

A brief chat about my CV and the role over the phone before I was invited for a face to face interview. At this point. Questions were mainly about my experience but also about my aspirations

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geeks (London, England) in March 2019.

Interview

Got a phone interview the same week. Attended the office about a week later to do a face to face interview as well as 25 questions test.

I have an asian background so one of the question was : Why did your parents move to Canada? I found this question irrelevant to the role I applied for even the interviewer said it will be more conversational. I didn't feel comfortable answering this question but I did the same. Geek Ltd. might be proud of their training programs they offer to their employees but being open to diversity is certainly not in the company's culture!

Interview Questions

• I have an asian background so one of the question was : Why did your parents move to Canada?   Answer Question

Geeks Response

11 Mar 2019 – Director

Dear candidate,
    We have 35 non-British staff members at Geeks from 16 different countries (including 2 Canadians and 19 from Asia), so we are a very diverse company and we love having people from different cultures. We do understand that you have taken the question asked in the wrong way which was clearly not the intention of the interviewer. We use different techniques to help the candidates to relax during the interview, one of which is to ask about their background and anything that we think they are passionate about.
    If you didn't go any further in the interview process the better way would have been to ask for feedback rather than making a very wrong assumption about the culture of the company.

We wish you all the best in your future

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geeks.

Interview

Quite normal interview but not very interesting questions. Not stressful though and in a friendly atmosphere. It lasted almost half an hour and I don’t think that gave me that much of experience.

Trainee Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Geeks (London, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Very general, few mentions to the actual role, not even on question regarding any technical aspect of the role. Very suitable for young candidt not some one with any kind of experience.

In-House Talent Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Geeks (London, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied through Indeed and received an email within a couple of hours. I had an informal chat through the phone after which I was invited to a first interview face to face with the office manager and the receptionist. Before the interview took place I had to pass an EQ questionnaire, which was not very difficult. The interview was pretty straight forward and
     was asked the common interview questions. I was advised that I would be contacted in two weeks with their decision, and a week later I was invited to a second face to face interview this time with the operations manager. The interview lacked structure, and some of the details that previous interviewers had given me were inaccurate. Nevertheless, all three people I met while interviewing were very pleasant and polite.

I was told they would get back to me with a response and three weeks have passed since I had my second interview and I have not received a response yet. After the two weeks period, I emailed the company to get an update and they never responded. While I understand that on busy periods getting back to people might take longer, I think it is highly disrespectful and very unprofessional not to be contacted at all, more so when you have inquired about it. Very disappointing experience

Trainee Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geeks.

Interview

Very unprofessional, the interviewer sounded uninterested and gave no opportunity to allow me to ask any questions on the telephone interview.
    They did not call to inform of rejection or any feedback. Would not recommend the company, heard alp negative reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Geeks (London, England) in August 2018.

Interview

The most UNPROFESSIONAL interview process i have EVER faced. After going through all the phases from the technical tasks to the final interview with the director.
    I had received an invitation for a final interview with the director over Skype. The interview was 10:00 am, after waiting 40 min without getting any response. They sent me a mail telling me that the interview was cancelled ! and they had selected another applicant and they are sorry !!!!!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.