General Mills Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

General Mills Interview Questions

Interviews at General Mills

3.2

Interview

It was a phone interview for about thirty minutes. It was very easy going and interactive. She listened to me and made me feel welcome and at ease. Towards the end, I was given time for questions

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

Overall doesn't take long. It took like 2 to 3 weeks. The recruiter was very polite and had good communication skills which made the process of an interview to hiring go smoothly.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Rigorous and extremely time consuming but committed to finding the good fit for the team. There were aptitude and personality tests which took about 2 hours, and then 7 interviews after that.

Order Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Very straight forward, direct question,nothing too crazy, explained my resumes, questions about past project, what I had to do to over come some issues. We talked about the company and what the role is like..

Interview Questions

• Went through resume, asked what projects I've worked on.   Answer Question

ITQ Technologist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

The entire process from application to panel interview took 7 weeks for me. Within 2 weeks was my 1st interview with the hiring manager which mainly dealt with going through my resume and background. Before the panel interview I was asked to complete a personality assessment as well as deductive reasoning assessment online. The latter was rather hard and needs some good prep. The panel interview was a zoom call owing to the current pandemic and lasted about 4 hrs with a break for lunch. Mostly focused on behavioral and situational questions. It was very pleasant and engaging, and I really looked forward to working with the team. However things didn't work out and an offer wasn't extended.

Interview Questions

• What was a very valuable advise a colleague has offered you that has helped you grow personally/ professionally   Answer Question

Packaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills in June 2020.

Interview

30 minute phone screening where I talked with the manager of the team I would be working on. I got an email saying they are interested in moving forward but I have not yet had the final interview!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Mills in June 2020.

Interview

it was really hard for me. They gave me multiple case studies and I had to talk to 6 different people of varying roles within the department. definitely kept me on my toes.

Customer Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

The process took 4+ weeks from the date of application to receiving an offer. I applied online and heard back 2 weeks later about setting up a 30 min phone interview. A week later, I had a phone interview with a Customer Operations Manager. I heard back at the end of the week about moving forward with a virtual interview. Prior to the virtual interview, I had to complete a few assessments: 2 personality assessments and a reasoning assessment. The virtual interview was completed over Zoom with 2 individuals: another Customer Operations Manager and a Reporting Analyst. About 1.5 weeks later, I received a phone call with an offer. It was a very comfortable and respectful experience. The Talent Solutions team is supportive in each step prior to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are your 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to use a large amount of data to make a decision.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had incomplete information to complete a task?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you wanted to pursue something but your manager did not support your decision? How did you navigate that?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

Standard behavioral questions. First phone interview with hiring manager and then invited in for more interviews. Before going to the in person interview, you have to take a personality test which was easy but took some time. Additionally, there is a reasoning test that was very hard, you only get 22 minutes to answer 20 questions.

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied online, the recruiter reached out in 2-3 days and scheduled a phone call pretty quickly. The recruiter sent me a coding assessment which was easy. The next round was a technical phone screen with a Senior Data Scientist followed by a half-day on-site interview. Before the onsite interview, I had to also complete Hogan Personality Inventory, Hogan Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory, The Hogan Development Survey and a Deductive Reasoning Assessment.
    Interviewed with 4 interviewers from the Data Science team in 3 rounds (2-1-1) and had lunch with one where I had the chance to learn more about the company. My recruiting coordinator had told me it would only be a behavioral interview and there wouldn't be any case studies, but there was a technical case study where I was presented with a Jupyter notebook of someone's analysis on a common dataset to provide feedback as well as discuss what insights I can gain. During this, they asked me questions like what is Standardization & Normalization, etc.
    Another interviewer also spent quite some time discussing how to implement a recommendation system for Betty Crocker's website amongst other technical and behavioral questions. So the interviews aren't purely Behavioral of the type "Tell me about a time.....", they are a balanced mix of technical and behavioral. There isn't any whiteboard coding involved.

Overall I had a fantastic experience with the recruiters and the interviewers as well. Still waiting to hear back from them about my results. The process moved fast, I was on-site within 3 weeks of applying.

Interview Questions

• Codility assignment with two SQL queries and one Python challenge where you had to implement a mathematical formula solely using Numpy. Personality and Deductive reasoning assessment. The technical phone screen was related to past work. Technical case study onsite.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.