John Lewis & Partners Interview Question: Group Activity with Assesor. ... | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interview Question

Season Stock Assistant Interview Solihull, England

Group Activity with Assesor.

Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

Terrible experience, spent on average an hour completing intense online assessments. Once I had successfully completed that, I was called in for a group assessment, and was told that John Lewis would also put me through for a Retail Assistant role, considering I only applied for a stock assistant. The Ratio was 90% Female and 10% Male interviewees. A company representative brought us all into one room, and split us into groups of 5-6. He started the whole process on a negative, explaining how John Lewis has made losses last year and that many of us would not be taken on permanent or if at all. This threw me off totally, and made me feel anxious. We were handed 4-5 scenarios on a piece of paper which he had to tackle and discuss as a group while being “assessed” by an Assesor. Our team were mostly young, school age/university age, and contributed only partially. Me and another candidate suggested key points to each scenario, whisky trying to involve the other candidates. After this we were given individual questions to answer on paper, which we were to hand in. BASIC customer service questions. We were told that if we would either be successful, placed into a talent pool, or unsuccessful. There were no interviews, and the process was very easy. I was emailed about a week later to say I was unsuccessful. I asked for feedback, which they could not provide, considering they had detailed notes from the Assesor’s who were watching us. Total overkill and serious Bias, and unprofessionalism for a Christmas stock assistant role. Would not recommend to anyone else, as I heard and tried to ignore, from previous employees the culture that exists there. How do you expect people to find work?

Interview Candidate on 21 Oct 2019

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.