John Lewis & Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 22 Apr 2019

2.7

Sort:

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Glasgow, VA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, had to complete a test then you get invited to group interviews. where is very relaxed but everything is being watched and marked. Always youse "partner" and not staff members

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (London, England) in September 2018.

Interview

Group interview, expected to collaborate with 3 others (per table) to answer a few simple questions and come to a conclusion. This is all based on a scenario. It isn't particularly hard. If you are in a group with loud/talkative people who push opinions on you, just state your own opinion back in a logical way.

Stock Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners in September 2017.

Interview

Completed the initial tasks online (situational tests etc). I was then offered an interview which I was told was a group task and then an individual task. On the day I got there and there was 5 of us in total. We went upstairs into a room and was told a bit more about the role.

GROUP TASK
    We were given a scenario where we had a long task list and various customers were approaching us, we had 5 minutes to ourselves to make notes on it and then as a group we had to list the most important tasks to the least. We had 2 assessors on this task watching us and making notes so make sure you contribute, they are looking to see how you work in a group, but don't talk over other people.

INDIVIDUAL TASK
    We were given an answer sheet and a booklet which had 3 scenarios in and we had 20 minutes to write up individually how we'd act in the scenario. I have written the scenarios below, please bare in mind they weren't written exactly like that, but that was the gist of the question!

There was no 1 on 1 interview which I was surprised about. Maybe this is because it's a Christmas Temp job? Who knows. Very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• You are working on the click and collect till when a customer approaches you and says she has recieved an email saying her order is ready to be collected, you check the stock room and you cannot find the order, how do you resolve this?   1 Answer
    • The sales team in the linen range approach you and they are not hitting their sales targets. You know the popular 'egyptian bed linen' has low availability at the moment. As a stock Replenishment assistant, how do you ensure the sales team hit their sales targets?   1 Answer
    • You are in the stock room when you come up with a more efficient way of doing things. You haven't told anyone yet about your idea. How do you go about doing this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

After your online application, you are invited to perform some online test (logic, comportemental, behevior with client and among the team). Once done, if you're successfull, they offer you to take part in a group assesment for about 1.5 hour. After that you wait for their call for the answer.

Interview Questions

• They give you first a real time scenario with different group of client, you need to read it, all the tools and process at your disposal, and then with another candidate, you must talk about how you would solve different scenario issue.
      After that you have a multiple answer test where you must say how you would be more or less likely to behave in a scenario.
      All the process is timed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Exeter, England) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, process took around 4 weeks, the interview itself was amazing, learned some great inside information, but just be yourself, and don't be the cocky one who's in charge, and think its all about being heard,m its not, if you ant to be noticed then talk about the partnership, they where very impressed with my knowledge, though the only draw back is my availability, I've passed the interview, and im currently waiting for my availability to match, for a job offer!

Interview Questions

• The Morning Breakfast in the Cafe Scenario   1 Answer

Negotiation

Im half way for an offer, still on hold, be patient with them!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Stratford, London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Candidates divided into 2 group for team brainstorming and presentation. Then individual interview.

Before getting the interview, had to answer 40 situation questions on their website. Several candidates have no experience for the position they applied for. Strongly believe that the chosen one is selected before. Another waste of time as rushing answer at the group presentation then long wait for 1-on-1 interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Wycombe, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (High Wycombe, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Been invited for a group interview which for my opinion took long waiting time rather then interview itself.
    Been given paper scenario with 6 questions after wards discussion with group. 10 min reading time 15 min for talking with group and after waiting around 30-45 min to one to one interview

Interview Questions

• Why John Lewis?
      Tell me about yourself
      Tell me how often you had feedback from previous job .?   Answer Question

John Lewis & Partners Response

14 Jan 2019 – Social Media Executive

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent interview in John Lewis & Partners, High Wycombe. We have taken the point you have raised about the long waiting time and will continue... More

Catering Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

We were brought in for a gtoup assessment which involves working with a small group of others on situation assessment. Afterwards we filled out some paperwork on commitments and availability. Lastly we were taken for individual interviews. All in all it was a good interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Glasgow, Scotland) in February 2019.

Interview

I was invited for an interview one day after filling out my online application. I then had to select a time slot for the day do the interview.

Almost two weeks later, I attended the interview. There were four people being interviewed. First, they got all of us to do a group task where we had to discuss a scenario. We had to analyse it ourselves then discuss it as a group and write our thoughts on a poster during a limited time frame.
     Afterwards, we all had 1:1 interviews. I had to wait around 20 minutes to be seen for the 1:1 interview. When I was seen, the interview lasted around 20-30 minutes. All of the assessors were lovely and made it a more chilled environment, which calmed me down.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • List characteristics of a good team   1 Answer

John Lewis & Partners Response

21 Mar 2019 – Social Media Executive

Glad to hear your interview experience was a positive one. We like our assessors to make candidates feel at ease. It's how we get the best out in people so that's also great to hear. Thanks for... More

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Bristol, England) in February 2016.

Interview

I was invited to a group selection with eight other candidates. We were divided into two groups and asked to complete a puzzle. One person in the group had to describe the picture without showing it to us and the rest of us had to piece it together. For the next task we were given a scenerio of a customer having some requirements and we needed to recommend a product. We were given some example products and had to discuss them. Finally, individually we had to complete a role play with the hiring manager, taking the role of the catering assistant.

Interview Questions

• What product would you recommend and why?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.