John Lewis & Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

After your online application, you are invited to perform some online test (logic, comportemental, behevior with client and among the team). Once done, if you're successfull, they offer you to take part in a group assesment for about 1.5 hour. After that you wait for their call for the answer.

Interview Questions

• They give you first a real time scenario with different group of client, you need to read it, all the tools and process at your disposal, and then with another candidate, you must talk about how you would solve different scenario issue.
      After that you have a multiple answer test where you must say how you would be more or less likely to behave in a scenario.
      All the process is timed.   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Glasgow, VA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, had to complete a test then you get invited to group interviews. where is very relaxed but everything is being watched and marked. Always youse "partner" and not staff members

Stock Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners in September 2017.

Interview

Completed the initial tasks online (situational tests etc). I was then offered an interview which I was told was a group task and then an individual task. On the day I got there and there was 5 of us in total. We went upstairs into a room and was told a bit more about the role.

GROUP TASK
    We were given a scenario where we had a long task list and various customers were approaching us, we had 5 minutes to ourselves to make notes on it and then as a group we had to list the most important tasks to the least. We had 2 assessors on this task watching us and making notes so make sure you contribute, they are looking to see how you work in a group, but don't talk over other people.

INDIVIDUAL TASK
    We were given an answer sheet and a booklet which had 3 scenarios in and we had 20 minutes to write up individually how we'd act in the scenario. I have written the scenarios below, please bare in mind they weren't written exactly like that, but that was the gist of the question!

There was no 1 on 1 interview which I was surprised about. Maybe this is because it's a Christmas Temp job? Who knows. Very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• You are working on the click and collect till when a customer approaches you and says she has recieved an email saying her order is ready to be collected, you check the stock room and you cannot find the order, how do you resolve this?   1 Answer
    • The sales team in the linen range approach you and they are not hitting their sales targets. You know the popular 'egyptian bed linen' has low availability at the moment. As a stock Replenishment assistant, how do you ensure the sales team hit their sales targets?   1 Answer
    • You are in the stock room when you come up with a more efficient way of doing things. You haven't told anyone yet about your idea. How do you go about doing this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Exeter, England) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, process took around 4 weeks, the interview itself was amazing, learned some great inside information, but just be yourself, and don't be the cocky one who's in charge, and think its all about being heard,m its not, if you ant to be noticed then talk about the partnership, they where very impressed with my knowledge, though the only draw back is my availability, I've passed the interview, and im currently waiting for my availability to match, for a job offer!

Interview Questions

• The Morning Breakfast in the Cafe Scenario   1 Answer

Negotiation

Im half way for an offer, still on hold, be patient with them!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Stratford, London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Candidates divided into 2 group for team brainstorming and presentation. Then individual interview.

Before getting the interview, had to answer 40 situation questions on their website. Several candidates have no experience for the position they applied for. Strongly believe that the chosen one is selected before. Another waste of time as rushing answer at the group presentation then long wait for 1-on-1 interview.

Catering Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners in November 2014.

Interview

First submitted an online application form and answered online questions, mostly personality quiz style.
    Then had a group interview (see interview questions for more details).
    Then had a three hour unpaid trial period to see how I worked in the cafe environment with questions afterwards about hours and travel to the cafe.

Interview Questions

• First had to find out something about the person next to us and tell everyone an interesting fact about them. We then had to work as a team to solve a jigsaw where only one member of the group had the picture and told the rest of the group how to do it. We also were given case studies about different situations that might happen in the cafe and talk about how we'd resolve them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kingston upon Thames, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Kingston upon Thames, England) in September 2014.

Interview

Manager interviewed me, he asked a whole bunch of questions whilst he filled in a booklet. It was a one on one interview. Process lasted about an half an hour to forty five minutes. It was very casual. There was about 15 questions to answer. Questions were more about myself than the actual company.Overall experience was average.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Manchester, England) in February 2013.

Interview

it was ok for big companies in fairness they are organize and relaxed. Applied online then was called in to join a brief group activity then 1 to 1 interviews then was offered the job. The interview lasted for 1 day with some group dynamics which was observed.

Interview Questions

• What are your views about John Lewis?   1 Answer
    • Why you would like to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Leeds, England) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, completed the online assessments. Then I received a email to book a slot at a group interview. Ok arrival there was about 15 people waiting to start the group assessment. We played a standard food game then went on to have a 1:1 interview. I then received an email a few days later that I did not receive the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've adapted to changed on your life?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Reading, England) in August 2016.

Interview

1) Completed an Online situational test which I passed and then received an offer to attend a Group Assesment.

2) When I arrived we were split into groups of three and then taken to a smaller room where we were given a sheet with 4 customer scenarios e.g Mike wants a budget meal and has only £5 to spend, we were also given a booklet containing meal information and ingredients e.g gluten free cake. We then were given 5 minutes to look over the sheet individually and make notes and then were asked to match each customer to a meal through discussion which we were observed on, we were then taken back to the main room and rejoined the others.

3) We were then interviewed separately on hours we could work and basic questions e.g age, right to work and so on, They then asked 'describe a time' questions which I believe were generated by the situational tests which found your weak points.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you showed leadership   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.