John Lewis & Partners Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 646 of over 646 interviews

Other1%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

John Lewis & Partners

Application

I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners

Interview

There were four simple tasks we had to complete in a group of around 7 people, in total there were about 16 of us in the room. The whole interview ended up being over 2 hours.

Interview Questions
  • Write down the possible date that you can start working
    Answer Question

John Lewis & Partners

Application

I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners

Interview

Fue muy fluido todo y me hicieron sentir satisfecho con lo que me preguntaban y nunca hubo ninguna confrontación de ideas con el entrevistador y al final todo salió como lo esperado

Interview Questions
  • Eres casado? Que buscas obtener en la empresa? Has estado en un trabajo parecido? Eres feliz? Quieres serlo?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (London, England, England) in Oct 2021

Interview

Did a group assessment then a 1-1 it’s was very relaxing and easy. There was no pressure. Had about 19 ppl there and you had to work in groups first finding solutions to scenarios.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time you had a difficult challenge and you overcame it ?
1 person found this interview helpful

John Lewis & Partners

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners

Interview

It was a group interview with about ten of us spilt into groups of five.We have a group task discussing how we would deal with five scenarios then the same again in a single writing exercise.Then there was a form to put availability on.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

John Lewis & Partners

Application

I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners

Interview

Group interview. Sat in groups of around 7, going through example scenarios. Your conversations are supervised by senior staff. They are looking for how you interact with people as this is what they care about. After group discussions there is a written interview, where you provide your individual opinions.

Interview Questions
  • Example retail scenarios with group discussion on how to deal with them
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Woking, England, England) in Oct 2021

Interview

I gave my interview on Monday and i was shocked with the process of interview as i was not asked any question related to the finance profile. No technical round. Just one presention and that too was related to customer service. It was more like a formality rather than an interview.

Interview Questions
  • Prepare for customer service rather than finance. Very shocking interview and nothing related to technical skills used for financial analyst profile. Complete wastage of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Cardiff, Wales, Wales) in Oct 2021

Interview

It was a group interview with four other people. We did an introduction about ourselves and were given situational judgement tasks. We were given an individual written exercise as well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland) in Oct 2021

Interview

Applied on the 11th, invited to interview on the 12th, interview completed on 14th and offer of employment on 21st. Interview process: Was told it would be a group interview and a separate individual interview. First did group exercise for 20 minutes. Worked as a team to discuss customer related scenarios and how we would resolve them. Then given an individual written exercise to complete in 15 minutes, also relating to customer service scenarios as well as some colleague scenarios. Then asked to fill out preferences for the role e.g. availability and role i.e. selling, catering or production.

Interview Questions
  • Your colleague is stacking the shelf messily. Would you approach them and how would you go about it? (Written exercise).

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland)

Interview

It was a group interview and organised very well. The instructions were clear and the space it was held in accommodated the group well. The interview was not too long and I felt encouraged and inspired when I left.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with conflict with a angry customer. What would you do if you believe someone has stolen an item.

John Lewis & Partners

Application

I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners

Interview

Very straight forward and inclusive process. It was well organised as a large company might be, and the interview process itself was well organised and efficient also. I would recommend this business based on the approach they took to ensuring inclusive hiring

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 646 Interviews