Guidewire Interview Questions

Updated 22 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 368 of over 368 interviews

Employee Referral11%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Guidewire

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire

Interview

First-round - Codelity coding (3 programming questions) The question was quite hard and overall for 2 hours. Call with a recruiter to discuss the job role and explained the whole process.

Interview Questions
  • Arrays, linked list, database, sql
    Answer Question

Guidewire

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire

Interview

I was looking for onsite opportunity and was applying for jobs in Canada. I applied for above position and got HR email for first HR screening. I booked available slot from her calendar(it was 5th Jul which holiday in US). I was waiting for her to join call for 20mins, even sent her email if she is joining but she didn't show up. Thought even got in mind if all well at her side in pandemic. I was not aware that it is holiday in US and she lives their. After scheduled time got reply from her that they are looking for candidates in Canada and not a single apology. I did reply her about this unprofessional behaviour but rather getting apology she tried to support her behaviour saying it was holiday and still I scheduled call. I don't understand how people are trained like this, I just wanted to make sure I pass on feedback with process and make candidates experience good as it affects company reputation. I wonder how big companies can have process like this. Hope no other candidates suffer further.

Interview Questions
  • No interview happened, it was phone screening which HR didn't attended

Guidewire

Application

I interviewed at Guidewire

Interview

Multi step interview with different team leads and colleagues . Phone interview and online video call as well as on premise with teams and hr. Follow up by the company wasn’t great and they dragged out the process, unclear if they still had the head count etc. Overall seems a good place to work but messy process.

Interview Questions
  • Technical expertise, work personality and problem solving approach

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Guidewire (New York, NY)

Interview

Basic screening followed by onsite interview with Hiring manager and Reporting manager. Then cultural round by some manager from a different department. Then Director round. Followed by reporting manager+director round. Here for each round there were multiple follow-ups from my side and very little information on the process from the recruiter. Few interviews rescheduled due to panel unavailability and there was delay. After around 6 video interview rounds and almost 3 months time, feedback I received was good but not selected. Felt really bad and confused. I guess transparency has missed here and got my expectations high. We as potential employees would appreciate a little more transparency and a little more respect for our time. Please don't make others go through such ordeal 🙏

Interview Questions
  • Java, Selenium, Framework, Testing concepts, Behavioural, Project related, scenario based, defect management tools, CICD tools, Git, SQL, coding standards

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Kuala Lumpur)

Interview

Smooth interview process. Structured and gives a good overview about the company and expectation. Had chance to speak to soon to be posdible team members as well which is refreshing. After all you not only work with the manager but your team mates snd other stakeholders too. 3 rounds of interview in total. Response was in time.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Kuala Lumpur) in Jun 2021

Interview

I only got through the preliminary interview after submitting my coding test with the HR. She discussed about my time availability for the next round interview but ghosted me. I followed up to her a few days after, and she got back to me after 5 days just to tell me the position is closed.

Interview Questions
  • My past projects, working experience, and my technical skills

Guidewire

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Guidewire in Jun 2021

Interview

The writing team was stellar, recruiting not so much. The sourcer IMed me 6 times with the canned template during the course of the hiring process, 5 of which were while I was in talks with them and one as late as the morning of the offer. It mitigated the experience. The talent team didn’t have a good grip on how negotiations should go. I felt pushed to reveal my cards instead of them offering a reasonable package from the outset. Why play games.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Guidewire

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire

Interview

They were very vague about the job description and interview process. I was underprepared for one of them because they didn't tell me there were three separate interviews. But the questions were not too difficult.

Interview Questions
  • Case study interview, technical interview, culture fit interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Guidewire (San Diego, CA) in May 2021

Interview

The interview process was quick and straight forward. I was initially interview by the in-house recruiter and then the hiring manager a couple days later. The next interview was a round of 3 45 minutes interviews in a row. I was contacted by the recruiter about 1 hour after the last interview and was told that they would be extending an offer. I received the written offer the next day and accepted.

Interview Questions
  • General Linux, AWS, GCP, Terraform, Puppet, and K8s questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Kuala Lumpur) in May 2021

Interview

First there was the coding challenge 2 of them. If you got selected then a face to face interview. For coding challenged, learning regex will make your life easier. Also try to do leetcode questions.

Interview Questions
  • Basically just them asking you about your projects - what's the process behind them, why did you choose this stack or another. Also standard strength and weaknesses.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 368 Interviews