HUB International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

HUB International Interview Questions

Interviews at HUB International

2.6

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HUB International (Woodbury, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

After a brief phone conversation I had set up an in person interview. They worked with my schedule (I was able to finish the interview on my lunch break). The interview felt like a conversation I was very comfortable.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HUB International (Grand Rapids, MI (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an email requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted with the director of the Personal Lines Department as well as the HR recruiter. A few days after the phone interview, I received an email requesting a formal in-person interview, which was scheduled for a few days out. I interviewed at the Grand Rapids office with the director and the recruiter, and the next day received an email requesting a second interview with members of the PL team, which was scheduled for another week or so out. I interviewed with four members of the team and received a phone call later that day offering me the job, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Do you think some customers are better than others? What makes a customer better than another customer?   1 Answer

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HUB International (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview plus 2 in person interviews. They say they are willing to train, but they really aren't looking to hire anyone without 5 years experience on the brokerage side plus a built in network of clients. Mostly male dominated office.Seems like sales team and hiring team are looking for very different things and aren't on the same page.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HUB International (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

Was interviewed by five different people and two separate times.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HUB International in May 2016.

Interview

This was a quick phone interview. You could almost say it was basically a pre-interview. The interviewer asked me about my career goals and a few other basic personality questions. They then proceeded to inform me that the information would be passed on to the hiring manager and I would be contacted then.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HUB International (Canton, MI (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Received a text asking to set up a phone interview. The recruiter was friendly and prompt. At the end of the interview I asked for feedback on the next step. Assured me that I would hear either way in approximately one week. Three days later, I received another text to set up a on-site interview. So far, the entire communication process has been quick, accomodating and friendly.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HUB International (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Excellent interview process - Hub is more of an informational inteview style. (I still suggest researching the compnay and people prior to attending any interview). I went through quite a few interviews (5 or more, via phone and in person), but the satff is extremely nice and very warm.

In the end, I didn't WOW the big boss and this was the one person who counted - I do feel this was the unfair part of the selection process. However, the rest of the staff and hiring team was fantastic.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions - all related to the job description.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HUB International (Bothell, WA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Met with two people - the whole interview only lasted 10 minutes, but I have 2+ years in the industry working with a company they do business with. Most of the interview was about my duties in my current position. Got an offer 2 hours after interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your strengths? What is something you need to work on? Why do you want to work here? Why the insurance industry?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HUB International in January 2018.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview. The recruiter asked me the basic behavioral questions, questions regarding my experience/resume, and she told me more about what I will be doing as an intern along with more information about the company. The second interview was a Skype Interview. During the Skype interview, there were 2 interviewers. They basically gave you the entire time to ask them questions so they can answer any questions you have regarding the internship and company.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HUB International (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. I am qualified for the position but didn't get to a second interview. I was made to feel disadvantaged on details that aren't necessary to do the job applied for - I've done the job so I know the focus on some details was off track. If they have a good HR person screening, they should see the experience, accomplishments, references, etc, and screen in a person for a closer look.

Recruiter asked boilerplate questions about experience in various digital marketing areas. No problem. Recruiter was about software buzzwords vs higher-level understanding of usage. The industry is loaded with similar tools so the recruiter should know that utilization of competitive software and accomplishing the strategy and tactic is more important than familiarity with a brand that can easily be learned.

When approached by an outside recruiter later to interview for the same position because they felt my credentials were a good fit, I learned that this position was open for a long time and they were having trouble filling it. I'm not surprised because the HR person was very narrow about skills needed that aren't actually needed for success in the position. Seemed to be checking boxes and didn't have the qualifications to assess a higher level candidate and transferable skills.

The recruiter should have advanced someone with my skills to another interview with whatever reservations were noted but they are losing quality candidates because of HR.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff like success stories, challenges - be prepared to answer brand questions. Your accomplished career will be reviewed in 45 minutes by a person who doesn't understand your field and is checking boxes.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.