Hanover Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hanover Research Interview Questions

Interviews at Hanover Research

2.9

Content Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanover Research.

Interview

Brief phone interview with the recruiter to explain the job and functions, followed by a copy editing assignment. The copywriting was a 5 page document I was asked to edit from everything to grammar and language to style and content.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanover Research.

Interview

Easy phone interview, a bit longer in person interview. Spoke to someone on the phone, she was very nice and easy to talk to. Contacted me about my in person interview after less than a week which was very nice.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Arlington, VA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Pretty much standard. Applied directly through their website, got contacted by HR after about 3 weeks. The phone interview went smoothly, the recruiter was very informative, straightforward and friendly. Got invited for the writing assessment immediately. Given 5 days with no more than 8 hours spent on the project. The project was really interesting and really demonstrated the kinds of work that you will do for the position you applied. It was not that long and hard, very manageable, compared to what others had described on Glassdoor. Received positive feedbacks and got invited for the final round interview. 3 back-to-back interviews lasted 30 mins each. No unexpected questions, all friendly and informative. Really drawn on your experiences and asked you to demonstrate your resume. Prepare to clearly walk them through your research projects/works. A couple of questions about the writing assignment. Walk them through your thoughts, process, what you found interesting or challenging, etc. The whole recruitment process was about a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Arlington, VA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

They decided that I would be better fit for different position than I applied. I applied for the Associate, mostly about data collection, and they interviewed me for the Analyst. I passed the phone interview, but not the second round known as Survey Assessment. Obviously, it was a mistake changing the position in the application. Although I didn't get the offer, I'll say that it was good experience because I learnt from the process.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Arlington, VA (US)).

Interview

Applied online and heard back about taking an online assessment later the same week. Scheduled a phone interview the next week and was immediately told I’d be moving on to the assignment phase

I probably spent about 8 hours on the assignment, submitted it within the allotted week, and heard back a little over a week later about an in-person interview.

The in-person interview consisted of two 30-minute one-on-one interviews. Very conversational, no unexpected questions. Heard back a few days later with an offer.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanover Research.

Interview

I finished the application and waited three weeks to receive the phone interview. then I finished the case within five days. Finally, I got the final round for the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

Hanover Research Response

8 Apr 2019 – CHRO

Welcome to Hanover! We're glad to hear that your interview experience was overall positive and look forward to welcoming you to the team.

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Arlington, VA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied online and received a link to an online skills test. A few days later, I received an email from an HR person, who screened me via phone and then sent me a prompt for a case report (~5 pages) that I had a week to do. After a few days, I got the go ahead to schedule an interview, where I talked to two case managers.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

This was the second Skype interview. There was first two employees that interviewed me and asked me the basic interview questions like why I was interested in Hanover and the position. Then, there was a practice phone call pitch to the hiring manager and you just read off a script (which I do not prefer personally). Then, you talk to the hiring manager and he asks more detailed questions like the ones listed below.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something (anything).   Answer Question
    • What is one problem that Hanover could fix at a company or your university? (Can be either)   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

Managing Director was late to both calls. Mostly spoke about how great he was. Came across like a cast member from that movie Boiler Room. Was not interested in joining after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Arlington, VA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied for Research Associate- Qualitative research but I got an email saying that Research Analyst-survey design would be a better fit based on my background. I had filled out an application online. I was emailed to set up a phone interview, then after I got the mock case study to do. Two days later I got an email that they moved forward with another candidate.

Overall, the recruiter was nice; informative; straightforward with the salary range; job description, etc. I would apply again if I see a position that interests me.

Positive experience although it was a bummer I did not progress further in the interview process.

The next step would be an in-person or Skype interview with someone I think in management.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hanover, Experience for the position( like what research software am i familiar with), salary range? Nothing technical in the initial interview I had   Answer Question

Hanover Research Response

27 Aug 2018 – CHRO

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad you found the overall experience positive even through you didn't move forward in the process.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.