Hastings Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Hastings Direct

2.8

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Direct (Leicester, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn Easy Apply.
    Internal Recruitment person called and arrange a phone interview with them.
    Interview was fine, the usual CV walk through and talking about Skill sets and approach to wider issues in the industry and Continuous Improvement. It was a positive experience up to this point.
    A phone interview was arranged with the hiring Manager (after they had reviewed my CV).
    This is where the interview became negative for me as the majority of it was spent listening to how the hiring manager had various personal achievements and how the hiring Manager had a deep knowledge in CI. Some very basic questions were fielded but always with the intent of getting back to the hiring Managers personal achievements or knowledge.
    I would have accepted this as a non compatibility issue and not been too negative about the experience, but the feedback I received was made up.
    The HR rep took the time to call me and give me feedback so I commend that, however the information passed on by the hiring Manager was not correct and contradictory to the interview.
    Overall it sums up the problem of certain types of Manager.
    Lucky miss for me!

Interview Questions

• General CV walk through and pick out successes.
      Describe challenges to the Customer Service environment.
      How would you communicate with a team who are not in your building (yes really that was a question).
      Various questions about customer service, but nothing too in depth.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hastings Direct in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, didn't hear for weeks (after the close date) and so called and emailed multiple times.
    Emailed ignored.
    Calls go straight to answerphone and not returned.
    Had the phone interview and was told I would hear in a week (about 5 weeks ago).
    I still haven't heard but assume its a no.

Interview Questions

Hastings Direct Response

27 Mar 2017 – In-House Recruiter

Hello, thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is not our standard approach as our values are centred around providing a positive candidate experience.

We take this very seriously so

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Direct (Leicester, England) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was very simple and fast. Hasting made me feel at ease and was very different to other interview I have had.

Hasting in reception was amazing and vibrant and the staff were very friendly.

Insurance Broker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hastings Direct in August 2017.

Interview

Didn’t have one they just get you in a room ask maybe 3 questions then tell you about the company for at least 2 hours then offer you the job an hour after the interview

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hastings Direct in July 2018.

Interview

I had phone interview first, then was invited to the assessment centre at Bexhill. The assessment day includes: introduction of the company, group technical activity, 1-1 face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• 2 minutes self introduction, motivation questions, how to building a model to extract business insights.   Answer Question

X Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bexhill, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hastings Direct (Bexhill, England) in September 2015.

Interview

Quick, simple and Insightful.
    The interview was arranged for when suited me, this gave me the chance to go to the office and was given a tour to familiarise myself with the environment and scale of the company. Interview was painless and easy. Lovely interviewer. Offer through wither the same day or morning after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hastings Direct (Leicester, England).

Interview

A small group of were shown a presentation on the company and tour of building ,spent 15 mins watching advisor so you could see some of the enquiries handled.
    Then indiviually given time to prepare for a role play.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Direct (London, England).

Interview

I went to the open day and told them I was looking for a weekend only role. A week after the mini interview which is infact a real interview they called me to arrange a face to face. Note that attending an open day means you skip the video interview which is absolutely amazing. I had my face to face interview which the entire process took around 2 hours. The face to face questions took around 30 to 40 minutes. I passed the face to face.

Interview Questions

• tell me a situation where u make a mistake and you got back from it   Answer Question
    • tell me a situation where u started something and it took longer than you expecter   Answer Question
    • what do you family and friends think of you as a person   Answer Question
    • tell me a situation where u had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hastings, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Direct (Hastings, England) in August 2014.

Interview

During the initial telephone test HR informed me that there'd be a CBI and the shift working hours came with *4 weeks advanced notice.

On accepting the invite to attend assessment I was sent a guide to use the STARR method for my interview prep stating I would be expected to give examples that demonstrate my ability and experience within the key competencies that are required for the role.

Perception of the call centre was messy. In terms of health and safety; food, drink, rubbish all over desks including a bottle of alcohol on display...

At the assessment I was then informed that the interview would now be a relaxed, informal getting to know you, although I had prepared examples for a CBI...

Observing that there could easily be facilities available to effectively present the staff video to a group, the recruiter decided we should just view it on one laptop screen...

The recruitment video is in the public domain, published on YouTube where staff members state that the shift pattern could be *1 week notice...

The HR email states that they're not looking for perfection but do want to see what you are capable of. Staff members stated on the video "the company are not interested in whether you can do the job"...

With evidence of being miss lead on these occasions this suggests that they're not upfront or honest to candidates or their staff who's credibility the company depends on...

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hastings Direct.

Interview

The staff were all very friendly and put me at ease quickly. There was a presentation at the beginning which talked through the role more and watched a video about what it's like working for them. I then call listened into Claims and then had a interview and role play.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.