Hastings Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8

Sort:

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Direct (Leicester, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn Easy Apply.
    Internal Recruitment person called and arrange a phone interview with them.
    Interview was fine, the usual CV walk through and talking about Skill sets and approach to wider issues in the industry and Continuous Improvement. It was a positive experience up to this point.
    A phone interview was arranged with the hiring Manager (after they had reviewed my CV).
    This is where the interview became negative for me as the majority of it was spent listening to how the hiring manager had various personal achievements and how the hiring Manager had a deep knowledge in CI. Some very basic questions were fielded but always with the intent of getting back to the hiring Managers personal achievements or knowledge.
    I would have accepted this as a non compatibility issue and not been too negative about the experience, but the feedback I received was made up.
    The HR rep took the time to call me and give me feedback so I commend that, however the information passed on by the hiring Manager was not correct and contradictory to the interview.
    Overall it sums up the problem of certain types of Manager.
    Lucky miss for me!

Interview Questions

• General CV walk through and pick out successes.
      Describe challenges to the Customer Service environment.
      How would you communicate with a team who are not in your building (yes really that was a question).
      Various questions about customer service, but nothing too in depth.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hastings Direct in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, didn't hear for weeks (after the close date) and so called and emailed multiple times.
    Emailed ignored.
    Calls go straight to answerphone and not returned.
    Had the phone interview and was told I would hear in a week (about 5 weeks ago).
    I still haven't heard but assume its a no.

Interview Questions

Hastings Direct Response

27 Mar 2017 – In-House Recruiter

Hello, thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is not our standard approach as our values are centred around providing a positive candidate experience.

We take this very seriously so... More

X Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bexhill, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hastings Direct (Bexhill, England) in September 2015.

Interview

Quick, simple and Insightful.
    The interview was arranged for when suited me, this gave me the chance to go to the office and was given a tour to familiarise myself with the environment and scale of the company. Interview was painless and easy. Lovely interviewer. Offer through wither the same day or morning after.

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hastings Direct (Leicester, England).

Interview

A small group of were shown a presentation on the company and tour of building ,spent 15 mins watching advisor so you could see some of the enquiries handled.
    Then indiviually given time to prepare for a role play.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hastings Direct.

Interview

The staff were all very friendly and put me at ease quickly. There was a presentation at the beginning which talked through the role more and watched a video about what it's like working for them. I then call listened into Claims and then had a interview and role play.

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hastings, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Direct (Hastings, England) in August 2014.

Interview

During the initial telephone test HR informed me that there'd be a CBI and the shift working hours came with *4 weeks advanced notice.

On accepting the invite to attend assessment I was sent a guide to use the STARR method for my interview prep stating I would be expected to give examples that demonstrate my ability and experience within the key competencies that are required for the role.

Perception of the call centre was messy. In terms of health and safety; food, drink, rubbish all over desks including a bottle of alcohol on display...

At the assessment I was then informed that the interview would now be a relaxed, informal getting to know you, although I had prepared examples for a CBI...

Observing that there could easily be facilities available to effectively present the staff video to a group, the recruiter decided we should just view it on one laptop screen...

The recruitment video is in the public domain, published on YouTube where staff members state that the shift pattern could be *1 week notice...

The HR email states that they're not looking for perfection but do want to see what you are capable of. Staff members stated on the video "the company are not interested in whether you can do the job"...

With evidence of being miss lead on these occasions this suggests that they're not upfront or honest to candidates or their staff who's credibility the company depends on...

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hastings Direct.

Interview

Very easy applied through agency. Got a call the next day for an interview. The interview was pretty straight forward very friendly bunch in Leicester. Got another call the next day to say I have got the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Direct (Leicester, England) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied directly through Hastings direct website. 2 week later I had a phone call it was basically getting to know me. Hastings then invited me to do a video interview which then they ask you 3 questions to answer within a time limit. I received a call the following day which I have passed. The next step was face to face interview which is around 2 hours long including presentation etc. The whole process was challenging but at the same time I enjoyed it. You get a very quick response and feedback on your interviews! I was offered a job the following day. :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you delivered exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hastings Direct in June 2017.

Interview

Initially I had a phone call, this was just to find out enough about me to see if I could go on to do the video interview. I spoke to a lovely lady who then emailed me the link for the video interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hastings Direct (Leicester, England).

Interview

Small group of people, was asked to listen to a call and get information from it, then was asked to pick picture cards that represented strengths. Was then moved to another room for the actual interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.