Hays Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hays Interview Questions

Interviews at Hays

3.2

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays in September 2015.

Interview

it was really easy process. its almost like they are begging to have people work for them. Then you start working there, you realise why they need people so badly. never seen such high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• what is the most difficult problem you've successfully solved?   Answer Question

27 Aug 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your 2017 review of your 2015 interview. Hays has over 250 offices in 33 countries, so unfortunately one is unable to speak to turnover, as each country and office has their own... More

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hays (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

3 steps of interviews: 1st face to face short interview; introduction and behavioral questions
    2nd assessment center: was in a conference room and there were in total 11 of us 3rd Skype interview with hiring managers

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hays (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Walked in through job forum, had a short conversation with their director and got an interview very soon. The third stage was the 3 hrs assessment center, challenging but rewarding. Consisted of role-playing and behavior exercises. They are all very nice and it was a great experience.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hays (Columbus, OH (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

There are 4 stages for the interviews,

1st stage - phone interview, just talked about yourself and what makes you interested with the company.

2nd stage - phone call/face-to-face with the manager; talked about the process of recruitment and your goals.

3rd stage: assessment - there are 4 exercises on this stage

4th stage: talked with the manager from the location that you asked for.

Interview Questions

Hays Response

31 Jan 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you had a positive experience, albeit difficult. We currently have offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, DC, Denver, Houston, New York, Orlando, Raleigh... More

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I had 3 interviews at the Boston Career Forum 2018.
    Walked into an information session, spoke with a very tall man named Mike.
    Very friendly, handed him my resume and was asked to come back for a second interview.
    The second interview was about 15 minutes long, more like a chat than an interview per se. Was then asked if I was interested in attending the Assessment Center. It was held with 10 other people and was 3 hours long. It was long and difficult but so informative, and my interviewer had some great advice to give everyone. Everybody working at the booth was extremely friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What was a big challenge you had to face in life and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Interview

Attended the Boston Career Forum.
    First interview was rather casual, it took place at the Hays booth within Hynes Convention Center. Upon the end of the interview, I received approval to attend the assessment centre.
    The assessment centre is a group assessment, my peers and I were put on the spot to give impromptu sales presentations, role-plays of a headhunting call, or a talent pitch. After the assessment centre, I received a conditional offer, which would later be followed up by meeting with team directors and the actual contract.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider as your weakness?
      Are you interested in sales?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Boston Career Forum and I got a phone interview directly from the Japan office. I was asked several questions and the HR person seemed to suggest that Hays is highly competitive place and everybody works in a stressful environment so if you don't like stress please don't come.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hays in July 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview, followed by group interview, followed by director. Most important thing is personality and fit towards a sales job. Ambition is also valued and ability to meet targets.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Maitland, FL (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview Process is 3 hours long. You will meet with top producers from Recruitment, Account Management, and Managing Directors. Video Conf. with VP. Very happy go lucky, people who "love it so much" All but one seemed to actually be genuine. The rest were kind of "hard selling" the company and how "great" it is. I wouldn't reccomend this to anyone who wants to make serious money. Doesn't seem to be a place where people are making any real money. Couldn't take a step back in pay and the recruiter will feed some BS about an initial draw to get you up and running. No thanks. Stay away from this company unless you want to starve for a year. Happy Hunting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received constructive feedback and how did you handle that?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a difficult client and what was the outcome   Answer Question

1 Feb 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. We are sorry the experience didn't sit well with you. We value and respect each person that walks through our doors, whether they choose to join Hays or take another... More

Associate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hays (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

I had a quick phone interview telling me about the position and then I went in and interviewed with three different people at the same time. I ended up shadowing someone that same day and then after that was offered the position

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.