Hays Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hays Interview Questions

Interviews at Hays

3.1

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hays (Burbank, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I am pretty thankful that I did not go forward working with Hays for a recent contract.

Imagine a pushy used car salesman going to the effort of emailing you directly and telling you youre not qualified for a rate (which everywhere else seems to match or offer). After recent health issues and a really low rate, I decline a offer and was met with a passive aggressive personal email. Completely unprofessional. I had a uneasy feeling from day one and I am really glad I didn't go with this company.

Don't believe them, there are plenty of people who will pay you what you are worth. They just want to pocket commission.

Interview Questions

• Varied depending on the IT Contract   2 Answers

Cost Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hays (Palm Bay, FL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

It was very quick. but it looked like a recruiter was not interested in interviewing in me. by the end of the interview, they told me that they will contact me back but they did not and it seems like they did not even reply to my email all sudden. The interview was not difficult as I was informed in advance to prepare for my internship experience

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

They asked regular questions like “tell me about yourself?” To get an understanding of your personality like every other interview. It was fairly easy, there weren’t any unusual moments. Everyone seemed pretty decent, no one was intimidating or rude.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

The interview first started with a phone screen with a recruiter, pretty normal questions about yourself and what you do. Then face to face interview with manager. This interview was not difficult but not easy. Questions about what you do, what do you know about Hays, and questions to see how you think. Next interview was role play. Role play was not easy as it is intimidating to do a role play in front of managers. However they know you don’t know what you’re doing and only do this to See how you talk and how you apply their feedback. Then was called in another day for shadowing. Gave me some tasks like pick the best candidates from a few resumes and call some candidates. Overall it was not a really difficult experience but it was not easy. If you show passion and motivation you may get the job.

Graduate Recruitment Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview. The interviewer has a hard time understanding American accent. She questioned me for saying things that are different from my resume, which was not true. She said I was unprepared for the interview. She asked me questions about which city I would like to work in, Beijing or Shanghai. But I applied for a position in Hong Kong. The interviewer needs to read the job application before having an interview, instead of telling the interviewee to prepare more.

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Denver, CO (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Recruiters actively pursued me and continued sending emails until I responded. They act like they care but after the interview with the company they're representing, THEY NEVER RESPONDED IN ANYWAY.
    POOR PROFESSIONALISM

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hays (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Hays first reached out to me with a phone screening through one of their internal recruiters. I then was asked to join them for an in-person interview in their New York City office. I ended up going on 4 in person. What bothered me about the process was that after every meeting the internal recruiter took a week to get back to me telling me I had yet another interview. After my final interview I just never heard back from them. Nothing. I can maybe understand this if it is only after the phone screening but after four interviews, reach out and let me know I did not receive the position. Leaving an interviewer hanging with no information about what is possibly the least professional thing an employer can do. Overall the interview process helped sharpen my interview skills, but I was a little displeased to receive no feedback after a lengthy interview process and many hours commuted.

Interview Questions

• Role play about how you would ”sell” a job opportunity to a candidate   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

The interview process was very engaging and easy flowing. I understood the dynamics and culture within the company. The process for both interviews and the decision took about 2 weeks. The recruiter was very helpful as well.

Executive Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays in April 2019.

Interview

I applied for the job of Executive Recruiter online; this is apparently an entry level executive position? The process was a brief and awkward interaction. A recruiter on LinkedIn reached out to me after receiving my resume and we scheduled a phone call for the next day at noon. She called me 7 minutes late and within 4 minutes she asked me my salary requirements. I asked her for a range, she gave me an extremely low number based on the numbers on Glassdoor and Indeed then told me there was no room for negotiation with the base. She ended the call after 6 minutes stating that she would reach back out if any other positions were more in line with what I was looking for (because she clearly got a good idea of what I'm looking for after 6 minutes). This call felt like she has a certain amount of phone interviews she has to do each week and had no interest in actually speaking with me.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you are looking for in your next career?   1 Answer

Workday Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied via job board. Talked with a "screener", no knowledge of Workday. Then talked with "account manager", again, no knowledge of Workday. Anyone thinking such staffing agencies have you as a consultant in their best interest, think again. This company is totally amateurish.

Interview Questions

• Read from a script by the client, but had no idea what they were reading.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.