Found 4,671 of over 6K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Hays
HR Job Postings
5 months ago
I've been looking for a new opportunity since January with no luck. I am currently employed as a Senior Tech Recruiter in a Startup but I've worked for Amazon, Uber and Hays. Despite applying to over 200 companies, I have only received 3 interview invitations. I know the job market here can be tough for expats, but I'm starting to think that maybe I need to change my strategy or seek a second opinion. I am based in Zürich and I would love to find someone to help me with my CV.
a year ago
Hi everyone! Having completed my Masters in Computer Science from Queen Mary University of London, I am now planning to apply for a role in Data Science & Analytics at Bank of England, Zego, Kantar, BCA, RBC, Michael Page International, BGL GROUP Financial Conduct Authority, EY and Hays. It would be great if someone is willing to offer me a referral for any of the above mentioned. Thank you! :)
a year ago
Hi Colleagues, Any referrals or recommendations would be appreciated for Manufacturing/Production/Project/Supply chain Mgr or consultant job openings that’s either remote or comes with visa sponsorship. Candidate is in Africa with over 10+ years worked at P&G, Kimberly Clark and Unilever. Boston Consulting Group Hays Randstad ManpowerGroup
Got a burning question about Hays? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Hays employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Hays offers excellent training for their staff and supports their employees through solid career progression." (in 588 reviews)
- "Most of the teams have a great culture and it’s a very success driven company." (in 283 reviews)
- "I worked with really great people over a number of years with Hays and made some fabulous friends." (in 228 reviews)
- "I was lucky to be part of a great team who weren’t cut throat and were caring." (in 160 reviews)
- "Great support and colleagues." (in 120 reviews)
- "Long hours and often expected to stay behind which can lead to burn out very quickly." (in 328 reviews)
- "Industry has low salaries for junior staff and Hays is no different" (in 271 reviews)
- "Poor management and system." (in 167 reviews)
- "KPI's are really high and no work life balance" (in 117 reviews)
- "It burns you out plus the pay is low" (in 107 reviews)
- 3.027 Nov 2023UTU SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNew Malden, England
I luckily had a very good manager, on both a professional and personal level (very nice man who knew what he was doing) In my case, the office was local Role was fairly straight-forward, once you get the hang of it
Many people across the company getting by doing the bare minimum Poorly paid Silly gimmicks - yearly trip to another premises to hear company results and a chilli eating contest come to mind
- 5.022 Nov 2023Senior Recritment ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSouthampton, England
Excellent people throughout Strong culture Incentives are good fun when you’ve made them Christmas party/end of year party’s second to none . Done very well Given the tools to succeed from day one A lot of managers do genuinely care Hybrid/flexible working
Salary lower than competition Usually a lack of parking due to locations of town centers so appreciate can’t be helped Turnover high in spells A little quiet in the office some days due to hybrid working
- 1.011 Aug 2023Recruitment ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBirmingham, England
- None. Cons overshadowed even a sliver of positivity.
- Alcohol seems to be the norm in this company, with not many or no other alternatives for those who choose to not drink. - Ridiculously long hours, with very little scope for flexibility if you aren't a big biller. - Management is very poor, with very little structured support provided. Advice seems to be wishy washy from experienced colleagues, and competition seems to be rife within the company so you hardly learn anything from the successful billers if you are not on their team. - Be prepared to be told to commit to overtime if your desk is new or struggling. - Senior directors are quite biased, expect to see preferential treatment. - Toxic work culture, the office rife with gossip. - Management will not step in to support you if you are struggling, unless fees drop. They do not care about your mental health at all. - Ridiculously long hours, with very little work life balance. Be prepared to contact clients and be contacted from colleagues outside of work hours. - Managers are highly passive aggressive, and you will be micro managed. - Claim to be a diverse company, but staff can be quite ignorant to others beliefs.2
- 5.03 Dec 2023Recruitment ConsultantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSwansea, Wales
Good Management and great training structure
Effort needed to succeed (not a con but something to be aware of)
- 1.027 Nov 2023Recruitment ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Good training, looks good on cv apparently
Micro management, no work life balance, unrealistic KPI’s , shark selling, tough to get promotions, no knowledge or respect for wellbeing or mental health
- 2.026 Nov 2023Associate Recruitment ConsultantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Big company big database reputation
Unsupportive management company too large to feel personal value
- 4.019 Oct 2023Prison contractor escortCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
You have the advantages of working your own hours which really makes it easy to fit your work around a potentially busy lifestyle.
Agency work. Your job may not always be secure and can be very sporadic in where and when you work. The pay is subject to the pay roll you are put on, as there are multiple types for the same position.1
- 1.015 Nov 2023Recrutiment consultantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBristol, England
Directors are supportive and friendly. Can make good commission once promoted. Good Career Opportunities Good benefits/discounts
Experience depends on your team/specialism. Some teams are very toxic. I have witnessed multiple uneasy interactions. Employees fight over fees from each other. Gatekeep clients thus presenting you from making money and progressing. Managers mood can switch very easily creating an anxious atmosphere.
Hays Reviews FAQs
Hays has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 6,399 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Hays to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.
65% of Hays employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Hays 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.