HomeTouch Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at HomeTouch Care

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HomeTouch Care (London, England) in March 2016.

Interview

Had an initial call with the COO of the company, then had a 30 minute technical interview with one of the company's investors, who's a technical guy. Then, had a final 1 hour inhouse interview with the CEO and COO of the company - general questions.

Interview Questions

• In regards to js, what does undefined mean?   1 Answer

Community Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HomeTouch Care (London, England) in May 2016.

Interview

I arrived at this interview feeling confident, as I felt I had ample skills and experience for the role. The first stage was a phone interview, in which the COO asked me a number of standard questions to gauge if I was a suitable candidate such as 'what is your understanding of this role?' etc. I was invited for a face to face interview with the COO and the CEO a few days later and was told I didn't need to prepare anything in advance.

We sat in the middle of an open plan office, in which everyone in the vicinity could hear the conversation - not ideal, but fine. What proceeded was a series of questions that seemed irrelevant to the role and overlooked many of the actual skills that were relevant to the role. The whole process was marred by the quite frankly rude attitude of the CEO. I was understandably a little nervous, but my answers seemed to leave him frustrated, tutting and rolling his eyes on occasion - which in my opinion was totally unprofessional. For example, when I was discussing a temporary role I had done for around 4 months in which I worked in a similarly fast paced environment, he told me to explain the company's business model in detail, summarising how they made their money through their operations.

The final stage of the interview involved some 'logic' questions: find the most efficient way to find the lightest ball out of 9 balls on a scale etc which I felt was not at all relevant to the position in question. The role had been advertised as a fast paced exciting start up, with lots of social activities going on outside of work. When I asked about this, and looked around me at the overworked and drained employees this was not the case.

Unfortunately this process left me with a negative view of the company. If you are to interview here, I advise searching the generic google cliche logic questions as they bound to come up. I would like to hope that I caught the CEO at a bad day and he doesn't usually treat prospective employees in such manners, but who knows.

Interview Questions

• Take an educated guess at how many carers are there in London? Show me how you got to this number.   Answer Question
    • You have nine identical balls, one is lighter than the other eight, and a set of scales. What is the most efficient way to find the lighter ball?   Answer Question
    • Why do you like being a carer?   1 Answer
    • What's your best attribute?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you showed good attention to detail   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.