Homebase Limited Interview Questions

Updated 28 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 53 of over 53 interviews

Other6%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Homebase Limited

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Homebase Limited

Interview

It was a quick easy process with basic questions. It was just a very awful job with bad benefits, bad wages and bad training which made me leave as soon as I could. Avoid like the plague if you can. Awful company.

Interview Questions
  • What do you see yourself doing in five years time?
    Answer Question

Homebase Limited

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Homebase Limited

Interview

group exercise with at least 10 other people - various tasks, including sales pitching, induction 1:1 interview - a few questions, easy to answer, only get through after being successful at group exercise

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Homebase Limited

Application

I interviewed at Homebase Limited

Interview

Group interview where they ask you to sell something to the group then individual interviews about personal skills and achievement. Lasted about an hour and then get a very prompt response as to whether you got the job or not

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Homebase Limited

Application

I interviewed at Homebase Limited

Interview

The interview process included a group interview followed by an individual interview the following week. Both were friendly and easy. Group work included trying to sell a product to the rest of the group.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Branksome, England, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Branksome, England, England) in Jan 2020

Interview

After seeing advert in store, handed in CV and received an invite to an interview a week or so later. The interview was conducted by assistant managers and was relatively informal with generic questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Homebase Limited

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Homebase Limited

Interview

Started with a group interview, one thing we had to do was we were given a product and in two minutes had to present to the group and try and sell that product. Then had a 1 2 1 interview. This process I haven't seen in store for years though, and it seems now to just be a 1 2 1 interview

Interview Questions
  • What three words would your mum/best friend use to describe you?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Milton Keynes, England, England)

Interview

Interviewed by couple of pups that thought they were above their stations. Did not make you feel like you would want to work there, hence why offer was declined. Awful feedback from HR

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Homebase Limited

Application

I interviewed at Homebase Limited

Interview

I was invited to an interview, this turned out to be a group interview, I was not told this which was very disappointing. We then had to do a series of group tasks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Homebase Limited

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Homebase Limited

Interview

Was asked to prepare a SWOT report prior to the interview and duly did so, plus a business overview, mystery shop and 6 month plan. Turned up to the interview and the report wasn’t even looked at. The interview format can best be described as standard fare from the 90’s for a team leader but for a £40k+ store manager role in 2019 you would expect a 2 way conversation and some flexibility to discuss experience and understanding of Homebase’s business. I wasn’t told how I had got on in the interview until a week later. Given this is the level of professionalism in an interview I think I probably dodged a bullet, especially with their current financial performance. Avoid if you have any sense!

Interview Questions
  • What, why, when, how and what was the outcome? Add your own question before it!

Anonymous Employee in Newmarket, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Newmarket, England, England) in May 2019

Interview

Brief telephone interview where the job was described and I was asked to talk about myself. I was then invited for a 30 minute face to face interview. Standard questions about working in different scenarios, teams etc..

Interview Questions
  • Where have you gone the extra mile to help a customer. Describe a time when you have worked as part of a team.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 53 Interviews