Homebase Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Homebase Limited Interview Questions

Interviews at Homebase Limited

2.4

Checkout Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Homebase Limited.

Interview

Started with a group interview, one thing we had to do was we were given a product and in two minutes had to present to the group and try and sell that product. Then had a 1 2 1 interview. This process I haven't seen in store for years though, and it seems now to just be a 1 2 1 interview

Interview Questions

• What three words would your mum/best friend use to describe you?   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Milton Keynes, England).

Interview

Interviewed by couple of pups that thought they were above their stations. Did not make you feel like you would want to work there, hence why offer was declined. Awful feedback from HR

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I was invited to an interview, this turned out to be a group interview, I was not told this which was very disappointing. We then had to do a series of group tasks.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Homebase Limited.

Interview

Was asked to prepare a SWOT report prior to the interview and duly did so, plus a business overview, mystery shop and 6 month plan. Turned up to the interview and the report wasn’t even looked at. The interview format can best be described as standard fare from the 90’s for a team leader but for a £40k+ store manager role in 2019 you would expect a 2 way conversation and some flexibility to discuss experience and understanding of Homebase’s business. I wasn’t told how I had got on in the interview until a week later. Given this is the level of professionalism in an interview I think I probably dodged a bullet, especially with their current financial performance. Avoid if you have any sense!

Interview Questions

• What, why, when, how and what was the outcome? Add your own question before it!   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (London, England) in July 2018.

Interview

It was a relaxed and enjoyable interview for and interview! The interviewers were great and reducing interview anxiety while answering the questions they had for me.

It's a standard interview question template and ask standard retail and personality type questions.

I ended with completing a role play of scanning items to test interaction and ability. Got hired on the spot and it made my day!

Interview Questions

• How to work with customers who are unhappy with service or item purchased.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2018.

Interview

Frustrating from the start , I did my homework on the company and values since the takeover by Bunnings , shame that the hiring manager did very little to research my c.v before asking for my time to meet and CHAT about a job which did not exist ????

Interview Questions

• What skills can you bring to the job   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Cambridge, England) in February 2018.

Interview

There was a short online questionnaire. I then received a phone call the next day asking to organise a interview.
    The interview was fairly moderate in terms of difficulty becuase the questions that they asked did feel like they put me on the spot a little bit. Perhaps I should have prepared myself for it a little bit better.

Interview Questions

• List 3 words that descibe you   1 Answer
    • What area of the store would you like to work in the most?   Answer Question

Kitchen Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Homebase Limited in January 2018.

Interview

Telephone interview which was very brief. Face-to-face interview which was a little strange. It was in a back office. The questions were mostly conventional but focused on what motivated me and why did I leave other jobs.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2018.

Interview

ok good nice ok but be perfect in c and basics of java.
    techonlogieshich Aptitude skills, English writing, speaking skills, and Interview skills will be tested. Attractive cash prizes, Free Mock Test pack, Free registration are the major features of this contest. Participants need not travel to any place to participate in the event is the main USP of our platform. Participation certificate and Free Test Pack will be given to all participants. Winners and their colleges will be given a national level recognition for their achievement.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Homebase Limited.

Interview

Short informal interview, I was asked several questions mainly about customer service. Then there was a short group session. We had to introduce ourselves and explain why we wanted the role. Then we were given a few items sold in the shop (brush, plant pot, cleaning cloth) and we each had to choose one and pretend to sell it to a customer. Then we watched a few induction videos

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.