IFDS Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 71 of over 71 interviews

In Person11%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

IFDS Group

Application

I interviewed at IFDS Group

Interview

The interview process is as below - apply the job via an email - take an exams before interview - interview with hr - interview with the team - get offer - sign contract - start work Done

Interview Questions
  • Tell your experiences about your work
    Answer Question

IFDS Group

Application

I interviewed at IFDS Group

Interview

Typical interview which followed all standard templates. The initial phone interviews took a long time to setup as their HR setup seems quite dysfunctional and I ended up waiting for over a month. I ended up calling them myself and they seemed to have no idea we had spoken.

Interview Questions
  • have you worked in the sector before?

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

87 Comments

Join the conversation on

IFDS Group

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IFDS Group

Interview

It was well organized with thought provoking questions. The questions were directly related to the position and were clear at establishing what type of employer they would want. Information was clearly conveyed throughout the interview. They were respectful, before during and after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • How would approach a product with conflicting needs from two different teams?

IFDS Group

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at IFDS Group

Interview

phone call from HR and then an interview.. i had previous experience in a similar role so was pretty comfortable that I was going to get the job and I did

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at IFDS Group (Toronto, ON)

Interview

I was contacted by HR after applying for a role at IFDS Toronto. The HR representative said that she would like to schedule me for an onsite technical interview. I explained that I lived far from Toronto and asked if it would be ok to have the interview over the phone. She said coming in person was mandatory so I agreed. Upon arriving one of the interviews asked about my commute and I told him that I decided to take the train so I wouldn't have to worry about parking after a four hour drive. He was shocked that I had traveled so far and said they could have done the interview over the phone... They clearly didn't even look at my resume before I came in... My address is literally right underneath my name. I'm not sure if I was even being seriously considered. The other interviewer was worse, surprisingly. He asked if I had written anything in Java. I said I had and started telling him about an android application that I had worked on. I said I used XML and Java in Android Studio to develop it. He heard XML and he told me that I made a "website". I tried to explain to him that if he looked at my Github (which should have been done before the interview, no?) that he could see the Java code that I had written. He outright refused to and told me to write, verbatim, the code I used to contact the database that I was using. Really? I was using Google's Firebase Firestore database which integrates with Andriod Studio... The code to contact the database is specific to Firebase and only requires a reference to the database to perform actions (get, put, etc). I used the Firebase documentation to write those calls and couldn't recall them off the top of my head. Again, I tried to explain this and he just didn't care. After this, yet another interviewer was called up on the phone who was actually great. He asked me questions about Angular and JavaScript. I didn't know a few of the questions, but he would give me a hint to see if I could answer it. A few of them I was even able to answer with his help. He was the only one of the three that showed me an ounce of respect during this whole ordeal. It's almost like the technical interviewer on the phone wanted me to succeed, the one in person wanted me to fail and belittle projects that I worked really hard on. This was, by far, the absolute worst interview experience I have ever had. I've interviewed at startups, where the interviewers were literally wearing sweatpants and hoodies, that were far more professional than the suits at IFDS.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

IFDS Group

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IFDS Group

Interview

I didn't apply and was offered the job by a external recruiter without a interview. They saw my previous technical experience and hired me no interview this was the same as 5 other people I know who started there

IFDS Group

Application

I interviewed at IFDS Group

Interview

The interview was very conversational based. They asked about general questions and there were two branch manager interviewing me at the time. They just want to know if you have the experience or not.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IFDS Group (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2019

Interview

I was called in for 3 rounds. All the interviews were about an hour long, focusing on previous experience in client service and general behavioral questions. HR is pretty unprofessional. If you engage candidate for a whole month, a professional company would communicate the decision or at least revert to the emails. Speaks a lot about the company culture.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

IFDS Group

Application

I interviewed at IFDS Group

Interview

Brief intro about the position then ask about understanding about Java, Design Pattern and simple SQL query as well as the details about the personal side project then ask if have any questions

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IFDS Group (Toronto, ON) in Jul 2018

Interview

Amazing. Was told that no matter the outcome, he hoped it was at least a learning experience which made the interview enjoyable. Questions were mostly technical and about software development.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 71 Interviews