Iceland Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 19 Nov 2018

2.4

Sort:

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Iceland Foods.

Interview

It was a group interview with 4-5 people. The manager wanted us to discuss what do we think customer service is and then they do a one to one interview pretty much just wanted to know your background and situation.

Interview Questions

• What do you think customer service is   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Bristol, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Good, thorough, professional. Process was well thought through and care and attention given to the questions asked. Overall, satisfies with the process and the protocols in place.

Interview Questions

• Do you have requisite skills   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dungannon, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Dungannon, Northern Ireland) in February 2015.

Interview

I found that it was all very Calm, the staff were friendly and i found them easy to talk to. They were kind and put me to ease when i started, listened to what i had to say with intent.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions from my application   1 Answer

Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deeside, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Deeside, Wales) in April 2016.

Interview

In the invitation for the first telephone interview we were required to conduct a SWOT (strength, weakness, opportunities, threats) analysis of an Iceland store. The actual interview was competency question based, lasted maybe 20-25 minutes, why you're suited for the role, what you know about Iceland e.t.c then moved onto the swot analysis

The initial application only required a CV, so all the time wasted on the cover letter was....yes a waste.

Then invited to the Assessment centre, around a month later, which took place on April the 13th....be weary of planning holidays/trips over easter break as many placements hold assessment centres during this time...

The assessment centre consisted of preparing and presenting a presentation about one key topic which we feel is important for Iceland to consider, we were then taken for the group assessment, where we had the 7 items in a rainforest quiz...very standard, key here is to suggest suggest and suggest, don't be the one just agreeing with others points.

Later we had lunch in the canteen, very nice and all paid for by Iceland, and finally a one to one interview, asking about previous experience and again competancies such as most pressurised working environment...how you adapted...best team you've worked in, why it worked well e.t.c.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst team you've been a part of, likewise what is the best team you've been a part of and what worked well about it   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deeside, Wales

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Deeside, Wales) in January 2012.

Interview

one to one interview and assessment day , Group exercise based on coaching and business planning exercise which you had to prepare and then feedback to assessor. Finally a role play was used to assess your people skills and dealing with a difficult situation.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barnet, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Barnet, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process is quite extensive, telephone interview followed by competency based interview. Then an interview with regional Hr. If all successful a day with a an existing area manager is arranged to look and the real job and to establish your fit. During the process you will need to visit several stores and be prepared to talk about your findings at each stage. If all above complete you will complete store walk exercise with the regional manager and regional HR manager followed by an informal chat / interview. If all looking good you will then sit a number psychometric tests which you will need to pass in order to get an offer.

The process is comprehensive, but you receive throughout lots of support from Iceland, regular and honest feedback which I must admit is exceptional. And if successful by the time you finish it all you will feel part of the Iceland family.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered what I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wetherby, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Wetherby, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial telephone screening process which probably lasted about 45 minutes.
    This was followed with an 1hr 30mins 1st stage interview with Recruitment Manager.
    Next stage will have been a job shadow then interview with area manager.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions following a set structure that the interviewer followed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Wolverhampton, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview for 40 minutes covering the application process, information about Iceland and why they are looking for managers,then Skype interview 3 days later for 1 hour 40 minutes all competency based regarding KPI's and STAR(Situation,Task,Action,Result)
    Big emphasis on people management and poor performers in particular.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage poor performers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Leeds, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Contacted by very approachable & professional Iceland recruiter.

Went through current accountability & Key Performance Indicators in present role, after general discussion was then invited to a telephone interview with same recruiter.

At interview discussed present accountability and Key Performance Indicators in much more detail.
    Discussed how current performance is managed & delivered on a day to day basis & how one currently manages own team. Upon successful completion was then invited to a first stage interview.

Performed a SWOT analysis on an Iceland Store & competitor then went through this in detail at the stage one interview.
    Then discussed current areas of accountability in detail, explained how one delivers performance & how one performs in current role. Upon successful completion one then goes to a work shadow with a current Store Manager & then a stage two interview.

One performs another SWOT & then presents this at a Stage two interview.
    This is performed with the Area Manager & Recruiter where it gives you an opportunity to present your findings & again discuss your current accountability & how you deliver performance in detail.

Overall I found the whole process very professional & a great experience throughout at every level.

Interview Questions

• How do you deliver performance   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Maidstone, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Maidstone, England) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process is divided into four different parts. 2 phone interviews and 2 stages one on one interviews. There was a work shadow exercise involved with current store manager that would help on second stage interview. I found the whole process straightforward and very professional.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.