Iceland Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Iceland Foods Interview Questions

Updated 2 Jun 2018

2.4

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Interview

I completed the online application form for a supermarket assistant and received an email about 2 weeks later inviting me to come in for an interview. The interview was a 2 part process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Iceland Foods?   2 Answers

Trainee Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enniskillen, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Enniskillen, Northern Ireland) in April 2018.

Interview

After applying I was contacted by a recruitment officer, she was fantastic and we had a conversation discussing my experience, reasons for wanting to leave the company I was with, why I was interested in Iceland and what I knew of the company.

I was then put forward for interview, prior to interview I had to complete a SWOT analysis on both an Iceland store and a competitors store as well as online tests for verbal reasoning,maths and personality.

When I went to the interview,the staff member I approached to ask for the Recruitment Manager told me that she hadn't arrived yet and got the Store Manager. She then told me that the interviewing managers were on a conference call... either way I had to wait 40 minutes which made me feel as an external candidate that they weren't particularly interested!

When they eventually arrived the interviewing managers pulled out a table in the staff canteen (of which the door was broken and didn't shut) and proceeded with the interview in this environment.

The stage 1 interview was competency based and they explained the stage 2 interview was a store walk where you then write a business plan and discuss it.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iceland Foods.

Interview

All interviews carried out over phone/ skype. Made to feel comfortable at all stages and given good feedback to work on at all stages. Despite not getting the job have no hard feelings.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview, face to face interview with a group exercise, work sample with a store manager then finally an interview with area managers during which you present a short, medium and long term plan for a store.

Interview Questions

• What kpi's have you been responsible for and did you always achieve your targets.   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Wolverhampton, England).

Interview

Groups went into a room and were interviewed one at a time. I passed the first stage and went straight into another interview room for a short 1:1 with the manager. I was told that they would let me know if I was successful. The whole process took about 30 mins, it was quite a relaxed interview.

Deputy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Got a phone call 2 days after i applied and from that phone call i got put through to the interview stages and they said they would ring me if iv been successful or not within 7 days never recived a phone call or email so for the last 2 weeks iv been hanging on to see weather iv been accepted or not im currently on the verge of being made redundant and i haven't got time for people who clearly cant be bothered to let me know via email or telephone.

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iceland Foods.

Interview

So you want to apply for the delivery driver role for Iceland? Okay let me help you with the process.
    First of all you complete a form online which is simple enough. You put down driving licence details and contacts etc. You need to get a check code from the DVLA which you can do online for free from the gov website.
    If you're successful at this stage then you receive an email inviting you to a telephone interview. You'll get a call at the prescribed time and date.

The phone interview itself only lasts about 5 minutes. It's just for them to make sure you understand what the role is about and mainly so that they can know what hours you can and can't do. Be honest about it. I told them because I was a student and had other commitments I couldn't do more than 12 hours a week and they were fine about it.

After this, if you're successful you'll get a call back from them- may take up to a few days, even a week. They will invite you in for an interview. Be sure to take some ID docs.

The interview itself was really relaxed, partly because the manager herself was very easy-going. We even had a chat and a laugh! I think the key is to be yourself and be confident in your own abilities. Don't be shy to ask questions like coming in before your shift, running late on deliveries, pay etc. I even asked to speak to the driver for a bit which I did. Very nice of them.

If successful at this stage, you are then invited in for a work trial which consists of you simulating 'a day in the life of.. '
    It lasts for about 2 hours and you load the van exactly as you would, boot up the sat nav and deliver shopping to real customers. I had a brilliant driver showing me the ropes and had a lot of fun doing so. Although driving for a living is different from driving for leisure. Be aware that you are in a bigger vehicle, stay calm and try not to kerb the wheel! I think I was the only person not to! About 6-9 deliveries later I returned to base and had time to kill so helped pack out stock on the shop floor.

If you're successful at this stage then you are given an offer of employment and are invited to driver training. This is the stage I'm at now. From what I know it's 2-3 days.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you're running late to a customer's address?
      What if you were meant to take 5 bags of shopping and there's only 4?
      What would make customers want to keep coming back to Iceland stores?
      Tell me about a time you worked under pressure? How did you overcome it?
      Tell me about a time you had to work to targets? How did you reach it?
      What skills will you bring to Iceland?
      What makes good customer service?   1 Answer

Replenshiment Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

I filled in online application. Was invited to a interview. On arrival was not actually a interview. Was just a 3 questions ask and that was it. Once I had done that was informed 2 week to hear.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Wolverhampton, England) in January 2018.

Interview

I was took into a room and sat with a manager who gave me an informal interview. There were four of us who went into the room together and were each put with a manager who then went through an pre-set set of quetions.

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

I filled in an application online that was quite easy. I got an interview that was average but I didn’t get an offer. The interview wasn’t too long and they didn’t take them long to get back to me. I asked question and they were answered

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.