Iceland Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Iceland Foods Interview Questions

Updated 11 Jan 2018

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Wolverhampton, England).

Interview

Groups went into a room and were interviewed one at a time. I passed the first stage and went straight into another interview room for a short 1:1 with the manager. I was told that they would let me know if I was successful. The whole process took about 30 mins, it was quite a relaxed interview.

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

I filled in an application online that was quite easy. I got an interview that was average but I didn’t get an offer. The interview wasn’t too long and they didn’t take them long to get back to me. I asked question and they were answered

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tottenham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Tottenham, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was great and really easy. I felt that the location (Tottenham Jobcentre Plus) was a bit strange in respect of the staff but the actual Iceland Foods staff/interviewer was really nice and very friendly. The interviewer got straight to the point and at lasted no more than 5 minutes (great right :))

Interview Questions

• How many hours can you work?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer
    • How would your friends describe you?   1 Answer
    • Please complete the task - write down the 5 things you would deal with first?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tottenham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Tottenham, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was in Tottenham job centre plus in London.Interview overall was a positive and a quick procces. It was only a 5-10 min interview. It was my first interview and it was very nerve racking but the interviewers approach made it easier.

Interview Questions

• Why are you suitable for this role?   1 Answer
    • A diificult task you overcame and how you overcame it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ramsgate, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Ramsgate, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by instore interview, including store walk and hypothetical problem solving exercise. Had to point out opportunities and things that it was great at. then figure out a short medium and long term plan for a problem store

Interview Questions

• why did i want to work for them   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (London, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Long and drawn out. Five different processes from telephone interview to a trail shift in a store. I dealt with a recruitment advisor that worked for Iceland. She contacted potential candidates and offered telephone screening. This woman was arrogant from the beginning but became full of attitude when I refused a job offer due to poor pay.

Interview Questions

• Business plan of an Iceland store, tell me about a time when you had to deal with conflict in a team. Tell me about a time when you were faced with difficult targets how did you achieve these.   1 Answer

Iceland Foods Response

4 Dec 2017 – Recruitment Manager

We're sorry to hear about your negative experience of our recruitment process. As a number of companies move to a more automated process (video screening, automated responses etc.), we pride... More

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods.

Interview

I handed in my cv in store and got an phone call after a few hours. The interview was arranged 2 days later. The interview in itself was very generic.

Anonymous Employee in Maidstone, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Maidstone, England) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process is divided into four different parts. 2 phone interviews and 2 stages one on one interviews. There was a work shadow exercise involved with current store manager that would help on second stage interview. I found the whole process straightforward and very professional.

Buying Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Manchester, England).

Interview

Initially there were online psychometric test. If successful you get an email with a telephone interview date. The telephone interview lasts approx 15 - 20 mins. I recommend visiting your local store beforehand and talking to a manager to get a deeper insight into the company because a lot of questions are based on in-store experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why Iceland? What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Other offer

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Leeds, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Contacted by very approachable & professional Iceland recruiter.

Went through current accountability & Key Performance Indicators in present role, after general discussion was then invited to a telephone interview with same recruiter.

At interview discussed present accountability and Key Performance Indicators in much more detail.
    Discussed how current performance is managed & delivered on a day to day basis & how one currently manages own team. Upon successful completion was then invited to a first stage interview.

Performed a SWOT analysis on an Iceland Store & competitor then went through this in detail at the stage one interview.
    Then discussed current areas of accountability in detail, explained how one delivers performance & how one performs in current role. Upon successful completion one then goes to a work shadow with a current Store Manager & then a stage two interview.

One performs another SWOT & then presents this at a Stage two interview.
    This is performed with the Area Manager & Recruiter where it gives you an opportunity to present your findings & again discuss your current accountability & how you deliver performance in detail.

Overall I found the whole process very professional & a great experience throughout at every level.

Interview Questions

• How do you deliver performance   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.