Iceland Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Iceland Foods

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods in April 2020.

Interview

Was shown around, given the brief about delivery driving in particular. Read through that before being shown around the van and the usual day to day jobs. Following this, completed various online training.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever driven a van before?   3 Answers

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iceland Foods.

Interview

Online. Filled in application online and then asked to complete online test. Scenario based questions. I filled in every question and I am more than qualified to serve on tills and I never heard anything back. No interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with a difficult situation, how did you overcome this?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iceland Foods.

Interview

Casual interview, asking questions from a paper. Manager was a bit bored and seemed uninterested. Interview took place in their office and took about 15 minutes. Overall process was okay, I did have to wait a long time to be interviewed but the interview itself was fast.

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Stevenage, England) in September 2020.

Interview

Very friendly, easy questions! Be prepared and you should be okay. Good experience even if you don't get the job. Take your time and be confident. It was only a 20 minute interview, given to me about a month after applying as it's a new shop.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to work towards targets?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods in September 2020.

Interview

online application done through the website and then they called me and did a telephone interview with me due to covid 19 restrictions in place at the time of the interview.

Retail Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Iceland Foods.

Interview

It was very simple. Got shown around the store and explained the structure of how the interview would go. The interview was like a conversation. Everyone was welcoming and kind throughout the whole process

Anonymous Employee in Newham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Newham, England) in August 2020.

Interview

I applied for the Online Picker on the 19th August and got a call the 21st to come in the day after. I was so nervous but the interview is so friendly, the manager was so nice and funny.

Online Picker (Nights) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orpington, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Orpington, England) in August 2020.

Interview

I was given an interview online where I had to answer questions online, it was about 5 questions which roughly took about 30 minutes. A day later I was sent an email for an interview. Upon getting to the interview, I was asked the cliche and tedious questions i.e 'what skills can you bring to Iceland?' and so on, things that I had already answered in the online interview. The managers interviewing me were not prepared and asked me scenario-based questions that had absolutely nothing to do with the job description. I was asked about being on the till when I had applied for a picker position (night shift) so I would never actually be on the till. They did not reference my CV which leaves me to believe that no-one had read it nor did they seem to have read my interview questions because they seemed surprised when I had bought it up. I was told that by the end of the day I'd know if I had got the job, only to get home waiting for a response but not getting one, it wasn't till I logged into my Iceland account that I saw my application was made unsuccessful, and for what? packing a few online orders? How does an application get made unsuccessful for such a simple task? This team doesn't seem to have their head screwed on right.

I have no idea why Iceland would make me fill out an interview online and then proceed to ask me to come to the store in the middle of a pandemic if I was not to get the job. Surely someone should only be asked to come into the store if they've gotten the job and are being shown around. There's nothing in the face-to-face interview that they couldn't have just asked me online.

A waste of time

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you?   Answer Question
    • You've just got off the till you have 30 minutes left of your shift, you still have 2 crates to empty, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you believe you can bring to Iceland?   Answer Question
    • What is a vital ingredient that teams need in order to work?   Answer Question
    • What do you do outside of work?   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poole, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Poole, England) in July 2020.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within a week or so, got asked to come in for a face to face interview with a manager a few days later, only took around 20 mins! Was pretty easy. Just a few simple questions and scenarios.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (London, England) in June 2020.

Interview

Applied online, invitation to interview 2 weeks later.
    The interview was in person and approximately 15-20 minutes long.
    Call back at the end of the day inviting me to an induction and training the week after. Induction involved online learning material covering basic legal requirements.

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iceland Foods.

Interview

Interview process was fairly challenging one to one interview. They asked about 10 questions to gather responses which they took a note off and made sure you were allowed to work in the United Kingdom.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   4 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.