Iceland Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Iceland Foods Interview Questions

Interviews at Iceland Foods

2.5

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Iceland Foods.

Interview

The interview was professional and structured. There was a practical applications test to start with a set amount of time. Once completed this changed to the standard interview questions around the application

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Iceland Foods.

Interview

It was a group interview with 4-5 people. The manager wanted us to discuss what do we think customer service is and then they do a one to one interview pretty much just wanted to know your background and situation.

Interview Questions

• What do you think customer service is   3 Answers

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Bristol, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Good, thorough, professional. Process was well thought through and care and attention given to the questions asked. Overall, satisfies with the process and the protocols in place.

Interview Questions

• Do you have requisite skills   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dungannon, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Dungannon, Northern Ireland) in February 2015.

Interview

I found that it was all very Calm, the staff were friendly and i found them easy to talk to. They were kind and put me to ease when i started, listened to what i had to say with intent.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions from my application   1 Answer

Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deeside, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Deeside, Wales) in April 2016.

Interview

In the invitation for the first telephone interview we were required to conduct a SWOT (strength, weakness, opportunities, threats) analysis of an Iceland store. The actual interview was competency question based, lasted maybe 20-25 minutes, why you're suited for the role, what you know about Iceland e.t.c then moved onto the swot analysis

The initial application only required a CV, so all the time wasted on the cover letter was....yes a waste.

Then invited to the Assessment centre, around a month later, which took place on April the 13th....be weary of planning holidays/trips over easter break as many placements hold assessment centres during this time...

The assessment centre consisted of preparing and presenting a presentation about one key topic which we feel is important for Iceland to consider, we were then taken for the group assessment, where we had the 7 items in a rainforest quiz...very standard, key here is to suggest suggest and suggest, don't be the one just agreeing with others points.

Later we had lunch in the canteen, very nice and all paid for by Iceland, and finally a one to one interview, asking about previous experience and again competancies such as most pressurised working environment...how you adapted...best team you've worked in, why it worked well e.t.c.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst team you've been a part of, likewise what is the best team you've been a part of and what worked well about it   1 Answer

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portimão (Portugal)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Portimão (Portugal)) in March 2018.

Interview

It was OK, the interview was average and the manager was good . we talked a lot and it was good. it was with to people as always and no much pressure so it was fine

Interview Questions

• they asked me to go through my own Cv and explain my skills   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deeside, Wales

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Deeside, Wales) in January 2012.

Interview

one to one interview and assessment day , Group exercise based on coaching and business planning exercise which you had to prepare and then feedback to assessor. Finally a role play was used to assess your people skills and dealing with a difficult situation.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barnet, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Barnet, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process is quite extensive, telephone interview followed by competency based interview. Then an interview with regional Hr. If all successful a day with a an existing area manager is arranged to look and the real job and to establish your fit. During the process you will need to visit several stores and be prepared to talk about your findings at each stage. If all above complete you will complete store walk exercise with the regional manager and regional HR manager followed by an informal chat / interview. If all looking good you will then sit a number psychometric tests which you will need to pass in order to get an offer.

The process is comprehensive, but you receive throughout lots of support from Iceland, regular and honest feedback which I must admit is exceptional. And if successful by the time you finish it all you will feel part of the Iceland family.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered what I asked for.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Manchester, England) in July 2014.

Interview

Regional HR Manager and store manager interviewed me. Very professional interview, structured with an emphasis on people development. I was made to feel relaxed, they wanted me to be myself as Iceland like to see if you fit in with their culture.

Interview Questions

• How do you ensure you get the team to deliver your expectations?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview, face to face interview with a group exercise, work sample with a store manager then finally an interview with area managers during which you present a short, medium and long term plan for a store.

Interview Questions

• What kpi's have you been responsible for and did you always achieve your targets.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.