Innovia Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Innovia Technology

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Innovia Technology (Cambridge, England) in February 2018.

Interview

First given set a mock consulting task. I was given a lot of literature about a specific industry and had to extract relevant data from it. Then I had to come up with some ideas on how to improve a particular process in this industry. I was given around an 1.5 hrs to complete the above then I had an interview with two of Innovia's consultants. The first half of their questions were about the task they had set and the second half were general science/problem solving questions which involved writing on a blackboard.

Interview Questions

• To explain the ideas I had come up with and justify how they would improve the industry in question.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Innovia Technology (Cambridge, England) in March 2019.

Interview

There are two interviews for the interns in Innovia. After I applied in mid-December, I heard back from them in late January, when they invited me for a 30 minute technical Skype interview. In early March, I got an invitation 2 weeks in advance. At the interview, I was first given a case study and some articles/reviews which contained the necessary information to solve it within 90 minutes. I then gave a 10-minute presentation to the panel of two employees and spent the rest of the hour answering more of their technical questions and some general questions based on my CV.

Interview Questions

• They tend to ask about reasons behind your choice of ideas you put into your solution   Answer Question

Innovation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Innovia Technology.

Interview

Two interviews with two different people. First one was quite technical but was mostly just basic problem solving with a bit of background knowledge. Second interview was slight technical again, but also had general science questions and background competency questions. Pretty much zero questions on my CV. Waited a few days after the interview and then got a bland email from HR stating I didn't match their skill set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Innovia Technology (Cambridge, England) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview had two parts. First one with two younger members of staff and second part with principal consultant. Both were quite technical and oriented on mechanical engineering understanding. As the first part was in my opinion very detailed and cover a lot of material I expected the next one will concern less technical issues. But the second part stayed technical, focused more on innovation and out-of-the-box thinking, but still in rather specific, technical manner.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain how this and that worked (bike wheel, fuel injection, washing machine bearings).   Answer Question

Innovation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Innovia Technology.

Interview

Case study - 20 minute prep
    Questions about the case study
    Technical questions
    A few competency questions

The interview was a little bizarre - the interviewer (a little unprepared due to unforeseen circumstances) asked a couple technical questions from disciplines other than mine (on the basis that I studied these subjects many years ago at school).

Interview Questions

• Why would someone buy Nike shoes as opposed to some other shoes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Innovia Technology (Cambridge, England).

Interview

Submitted CV online, a year later I was invited for an interview at the Cambridge office. Interview consisted of 5 one-on-one interviews, 1 hour each, and lunch with the team. Topics were very diverse, ranging from arc discharge to chemistry to cell biology to product design, none of which were particularly relevant to me. As a woman, I was a bit disappointed not to meet any other women the whole day (besides the receptionist), and I didn't appreciate a joke about a pretty blonde girl at the bar. Overall a negative experience that decreased my confidence.

Interview Questions

• What is this bicycle wheel made of and why, how was it made and why?   Answer Question

Innovation Consultant Interview

Interview

I applied online with cv and cover letter. I was required a 'standard' cover letter, as opposed to a visual cover letter. They sounds very reactive and looking for new talent, chased me for cover letter and one they got it, juste received "sorry you do not qualify, also we cannot send feedback". Very light when you chase someone for a cover letter that means at least you'll interview him/her.

Interview Questions

• Send a 'standard' cover letter, as opposed to a visual cover letter.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Innovia Technology (Cambridge, England) in November 2017.

Interview

An initial Skype interview, followed by two interview days at the company's office. The initial Skype call was just a basic series of screening questions on my degree subject. The subsequent interview days were a lot more involved and, looking back, gave me a great chance to meet some of my coworkers and get a feel for the company culture. If I had to say one negative thing, it would be that the whole process was quite long.

Interview Questions

• What would you advise uber if they announced they were intending to become an electric car manufacturer   Answer Question

Innovation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Innovia Technology (Cambridge, England) in February 2016.

Interview

Case study + competency based questions

First, I was given a case that i had 30 minutes to prepare. The case study was about a beer factory, and I needed to read about beer manufacturing and then using the information I was given, I had to come up with solutions about how the company could save 1) energy and 2) time with the beer manufacturing.

Then they asked me technical questions about materials science (my degree subject).

Interview Questions

• What properties does a fencing sword need to have?   Answer Question
    • How does fracture toughness depend on material properties?   Answer Question
    • What are the advantages and disadvantages of storing coke in plastic bottles rather than glass?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Innovia Technology.

Interview

First round interview was video interview. This interview consists of two types of questions: technical and design questions, but there was no personal question. I was interviewed by two people.

Interview Questions

• Technical question on time to cook an ostrich egg compared to a chicken egg.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.