Intertek Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Intertek Interview Questions

Interviews at Intertek

2.5

Lab Tech Interview

Interview

The hiring process consists of filling out an application and/or submitting a resume online via the company website. As with many other companies, it helps (although not imperative) to know someone on the inside. In some cases they will already know the candidate they intend to hire, but you may get an interview anyhow. The interview is more of a tour of the facility and general conversation than an interview. I would suggest doing some research and coming up with some questions that would lend the interviewer to believe that you have some experience or at least some insight as to what the job entails.

Interview Questions

• In my experience there were no difficult, unexpected, or situational questions.   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intertek (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward, quick interview. Mainly consisted of basic questions, a tour of the lab, and a second set of questions. Interview was over in less than half an hour. I only met my direct manager, and did not meet any other employees

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Rose, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intertek (Saint Rose, LA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I was called in to the Saint Rose location to take a three part test consisting of Science, Math, and Logic. It is a group Interview, and the all of the test are timed. Only those scoring very high on all three test are contacted for Part two of the Interview process.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the volume of a sphere.   2 Answers

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Rose, LA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intertek (Saint Rose, LA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The GC manager and interview coordinator sat me in private room, asked me questions about my resume, and discussed what would be demanded from the position. We had approximately 30-40 minutes of conversation, then I was given a tour of the facility, which went on for about another 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a situation where an employer wrongfully accused you of making an error, and how did you resolve this situation.   Answer Question
    • What do you look for in a boss?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intertek (Deer Park, TX (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

First interview was over the phone then the second was done in person. The recruiter asked about my previous experience then she set me up with a meeting with the hiring manager. The second interview was much more detailed and I got to walk through the lab.

Interview Questions

• What kind of previous lab experience did I have?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intertek.

Interview

I applied online it took a few months for them to get back to me. When i got the email an interview was set up, the first interview was easy. A few weeks later a seconds interview was setup and i was showed around the lab. The interview was the easy steps.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intertek in January 2017.

Interview

Company first contacted me a month after I submitted my application. Asked if I was still interested in the position and if I would like to schedule an interview. The email was clearly a copy and paste form email where the agent inserted the job title and other information with missing or awkward spacing/punctuation. I noticed at times the wording of the emails became slightly less than professional in vernacular from what I expected. I scheduled a phone interview for the next day and received confirmation as to when and what number to call. My appointment came and went and I was unable to contact the "talent acquisition", left a message, and tried again 20 minutes later and still was not able to make contact. After 24 hours with no word I was no longer interested in the position. Too many red flags here, a company of this size should not be having these issues.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intertek.

Interview

I applied online for a lab technician position in deer Park Tx online and was contacted about a week after. I set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. Very straightforward and professional interviewer.

Interview Questions

• When do you plan on relocating?
      What do you know about Intertek?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intertek.

Interview

They are concentrating on abilities and experience, But even if you don't have experience it just need some basic knowledge about chemistry and how to solve the problems you are fine .this company has good benefits and reasonable compensation for start and as a first job you can grab good experience.

Interview Questions

• How many years you worked as a lab chemist   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intertek (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The manager was very nice and straight forward. He mentioned that working in the laboratory is very fast pace and mentioned this several times. He wanted to be sure that I was going to stay long term because people usually work there to get their foot in the door, learn what they can, and then quit for better offers.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.