JustGiving Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 14 interviews

Recruitment Agency15%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at JustGiving

JustGiving

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at JustGiving in Aug 2021

Interview

Two step process. 1st step questions around motivation for leaving, what is desired in next role, some questions about CV and finally a short whiteboarding exercise. 2nd step pair programming for an hour or so followed by an hour's talk about tech, experience future development etc.

Interview Questions
  • Motivations for leaving current role?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at JustGiving (London, England, England) in Jun 2019

Interview

By far the best interview I have ever had! They don't care about theoretical stuff, they don't want to you tell them principles or other things. All they are looking for is seeing if they can work with you, have a little knowledge base of TDD to be able to code right there and if they like you. It will be a pairing exercise, to create a little program and along the way they make it harder, to see how you react and how well can you organise your code and improvise along the way. They were super friendly, joking all the time and making me super relaxed, feeling like I'm coding with some friends. And it's not like they're making an effort to do so, because that's how they are in day to day life. And I was asked something that no other company asked me: "Why do you want to come and work here?"

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at JustGiving?

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

158 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at JustGiving (London, England, England) in Jun 2017

Interview

An external recruiter introduced me to the company. The process was quite long and took something like 4 weeks. I had 2 face to face interviews with the Head of UX and Design Lead. First one more generic about my cv and portfolio, second to present the task they asked me to do. I had a third and final interview with the Head of HR (a crazy guy) that he talked frankly about what are the challenges in the company and the more challenging people and finally I Interviewed with one of the product managers. Apparently in the 30 minutes chat I had with the product manager, he decided I wasn't good for the role. Having some conversations with other recruiters seems like he does that a lot, take people at the final stage and he has the final word... that shouldn't happen in a team!

Interview Questions
  • What is your usual process? And talk me through your portfolio?

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at JustGiving (London, England, England) in Feb 2017

Interview

Submitted my cv, was then sent a technical test which I really enjoyed doing. A few days later I got a call saying they would like to interview me. I went in for a 1 stage F2F. I thought every one was really nice, made me feel really welcome. They were more than happy to answer any questions I had. The whole process was very relaxed, even although I was nervous. I did some paired programming, then a chat about processes including Agile. And then I had a coffee with their internal recruiter. I found the entire process professional but everyone was really nice. One of the nicest interview experiences I've had.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

JustGiving

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JustGiving

Interview

Walk-through of CV and then did a technical test and then a bit of white-boarding/discussion around testing an app. I was really impressed with the interviewers and they seems to have fast knowledge and experience. Even though I did not get an offer, they gave me very detailed feedback of both positive and negatives, which I appreciate and gives me an area to focus on for any future interviews

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JustGiving (London, England, England) in Jun 2016

Interview

The review process was stopped at the very beginning, I received the first call and someone said to me that before the interview it is necessary to pass a development test.

Interview Questions
  • I was not interviewed. The only interaction was by phone. The person at the phone said that before the interview it is necessary to pass a development test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JustGiving (London, England, England) in Feb 2016

Interview

Phone interview, technical test, face-to-face. I got through to the final stage and felt that the interview went ok -definitely not my best performance but ok. The feedback was that I was technically sound but lacked evidence of being suitable to progress in to a lead role. This was surprising feedback to me and the recruiter as the spec and the brief to the recruiter made no mention of any aspect of leadership. I felt like I'd waster 5 hours on a technical test for nothing. Just Giving were adamant that they didn't need to include a mention of what might be required of the role in the spec.

Interview Questions
  • How I keep up to date with tech on the frontend

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JustGiving (London, England, England) in Jan 2016

Interview

I applied online and was invited to interview the following week. The first interview was quite informal talking through my CV and a few competency based questions. The second interview was meeting more members of the team and questions based on how I would deal with different situations. I can honestly say everyone I met at JG was lovely and I could see it was a great place to work with lovely people. The whole interview process was one of the best I've been too, everyone made you feel at ease and you could really see if the company/role would suit you. My advice would be if you see a job role you fancy go for it!

Interview Questions
  • How would you tailor your communication based on Charity/Public? Why JG?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JustGiving (London, England, England) in Dec 2015

Interview

Sent my CV in the evening, got a call the very next day before midday, this was the phone screen stage. The recruiter was friendly and described the business and the role. Asked what I currently earned up front, which is never a good thing. At least wait till the process is further along, or even better, only ask what the applicant is expecting. I was then asked to complete their standard GitHub recruitment test, which comprises of 4 simple user stories, nothing difficult about the test. After sending it through I got a response a couple of days later for an interview the following week. Everything was very positive to this point, but sadly it went downhill from there. As mentioned with other interviews, two senior developers interviewed me, they asked a couple of .NET framework based questions and design pattern questions. There are some very big egos at that this company. The developers who interviewed me were very judgmental, expecting you to remember authors names, and when you don't know who they are talking about, they are flabbergasted? No, not the usual people like Robert C. Martin or Mark Seemann, who are great mentors and truly very well known. The developers were trying very hard to ask obscure questions that they knew the answer to, and if you don't know the answer, they would give you a confused look. (The obscure questions are *not* listed in the Interview Questions section) I knew straightaway that I wasn't going to get the job, it was obvious. I've heard a lot of good things about JustGiving and that they are doing a lot of great things technologically, I have no doubt that this is true. Choose who you send to attend interviews very carefully, they represent JustGiving and the picture you are giving to applicants is of arrogance and big egos. Advice, get rid of the arrogant developers with big egos and fast!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about REST?
  • What is HATEOAS and how does it relate to REST?
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at JustGiving (London, England, England) in Sep 2015

Interview

Sent in my CV and the day after I got a call to setup an interview. A week or so later I went in to do the interview. Normally the interview process consists of different stages, but I went through all the stages in one go in a 3 hour interview session which suited me just fine. At least it's all over and done with in that one session. First had a general chat about my experience and motivation whilst going through my CV. Second part was the tech bit where I did the standard code exercise, they were mostly interested in seeing how I tackled the problem. I was free to ask them questions about the test and they would ask some questions about why I went in a certain direction. At the end we just had a chat about tech stuff, nothing all too difficult. Last part was the people/culture part, just them explaining the culture and making sure you fit in. Same day late in the afternoon I got a call where they made me an offer which I accepted. Even though an interview is always a bit stressy they did their best to put me at ease.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews