Kainos Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Kainos Interview Questions

Updated 8 Jun 2018

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gdańsk (Poland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kainos (Gdańsk (Poland)) in December 2014.

Interview

A Skype interview.
    Two engineers and one HR lady on the Kainos side.
    Took around one and a half hour.
    There were a lot of questions about different aspects of Java and software engineering in general.
    Lot of stuff, but nothing extraordinary. If you have at least 2-3 years of practice you should pass
    Don't worry if you don;t know all the answers - no one knows everything.

Interview Questions

• - design patterns
      - good practices/testing/quality
      - soa/soap/rest/micro services
      - estimates/scrum etc...
      - Java standards/threads/collections/patterns
      - Java GC/stack   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kainos (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in April 2017.

Interview

I have attended the interview in Belfast office, The position I applied was for a programmer role, not an architect or project manager. Few questions were irrelevant and seems they were not seriously looking for candidates. Its a total waste of time their interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you convince if client asked for a faster delivery?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kainos (London, England).

Interview

Sent the CV via their own recruitment system, then got a phone call arranging the telephone technical interview.

The technical interview took about 30-40 minutes. Just talking in the phone.

The questions were quite basic, like what's the differences between interface and abstract class. There were also some questions about the development procedure, rapid development, continuous integration.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was the accent. I had some problems with understanding the basic words like "synchronised".   1 Answer

Kainos Response

10 Sep 2014 – Talent Acquisition Lead

Thanks for taking the time to leave the above feedback,

We have a diverse range of nationalities throughout Kainos and our 1st stage technical interviews can be carried out from any of our... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kainos (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via a friend referral who works as a senior solution designer for a reputed telecommunications company. Invited for 1 hour F2F interview with the hiring manager at the London office to evaluate my interpersonal skills. Travelled to their Reading office for 1 hr F2F interview with one of the Technical Architect. Invited for 1 hr F2F interview with the CTO digital which took an extreme technical bent. Recruitment agent was polite, and was very helpful throughout the process. The hiring manager had faith in my talent, and really wanted to see me part of this great team. Technical architect was a polite person, and was really impressed with my technical and situation handling capabilities. CTO had very high expectations and was interested to assess my technical capabilities, and asked me to draw designs from previous project. Also, he seemed to be extremely busy screening candidates, and did not smile not even once throughout an hour long screening. A week later the hiring manager personally called me to share constructive feedback, and wished me good luck. The CTO was looking for a full stack technical architect whereas my expertise is on backend technologies, and I believe this was not clear to the agency until the CTO rejected my application at the final round. It was a great experience all together except the smile, as I believe a smile goes a long way. A very good team, and their recruitment process seems to enable them build the right team for the challenging greenfield projects that they are dealing with.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, technology evaluation strategy, scenario handling, design from previous project.   1 Answer

Kainos Response

13 Mar 2015 – Managing Director

Thanks a lot for posting this feedback. It made me smile, which is clearly more than my colleague did during the interview process! And I agree, a smile is little to ask for, and great to receive... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kainos (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in January 2017.

Interview

1 hour interview, relatively informal, focusing on range of skills sets from handling team dynamics, managed workflows, performing design and code reviews, discussing non functional requirements from customers and architecture designs. I also had to go into detail on the technical architecture of an application I had worked on and respond to feedback and questions

The questions were in general quite straightforward in nature, with some challenging ones thrown in, but the general vibe was a friendly one with no attempts to trip you up or push you down the wrong direction. The interviewers were polite and listened well.

The initial application/interview took place within a few days of each other, however, post interview there has been no feedback at all, neither summary or detailed. This is still the case nearly 4 weeks later despite reaching out directly to the recruitment department since the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a team colleague who was struggling with their work?
      Explain a recent application you worked on.
      How would you challenge NFRs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Kainos (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Kainos approached this a unique way (at least I thought it was unique)...they invited potential employees for a meet and greet, with drinks and nibbles. This then led to a formal interview and a job offer...awesome.

Interview Questions

• Use the White Board to describe a project that you worked on.   Answer Question

User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kainos (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

I had 2 Interviews with several people in a room. No project requested to be prepared or presented, but came as a surprise at the start of the interview, leaving time to work on it and present to the interviewes

Interview Questions

• If I am willing to travel 90% of the time   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Kainos (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied with my CV and received a call from HR within a couple of days to discuss the role. Further call from HR within a couple more days to arrange a Skype interview. This took place as planned (although by phone as their Skype let them down).
    Subsequently invited to second interview, face-to-face in Belfast (I live outside London). Attended on March 3rd and was told was last of four candidates to be interviewed. Interview was ok, but one of the panel kept interrupting me as I was answering his questions!
    Waited almost 3 weeks and all contact with HR was ignored until they finally told me an internal candidate that only identified themselves as interested AFTER my interview (I was the last of four, remember) had got the job.
    Four weeks has now passed and in spite of the fact that I asked for feedback on my interviews and provided comprehensive (negative) feedback to HR on my experiences, I have had NO response from anyone.
    My experience doesn't live up to either their values or their standing as a Sunday Times Top 100 Employer!

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in selling smaller deals?   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kainos (London, England).

Interview

Fairly straight forward. Telephone interview, in-person interview, informal chat.

All the questions that could be expected for this kind of position (previous experience, ability to network etc).

It was very helpful to be seen to be knowledgeable about the company and I was aware that they were looking for a cultural fit over skills/experience.

Interview Questions

• I have always hated the 'what aren't you good at' kind of question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short and successful

Infrastructure Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kainos (Belfast, Northern Ireland).

Interview

When I joined Kainos I had applied for several roles within different companies. Some of the interviews carried out by other companies felt more like an integration where-as Kainos' interview was more of a friendly chat. There were structured questions that they asked all candidates to ensure everyone has a chance to discuss the same topics, however it was more a getting to know you exercise. This experience really made me appreciate that interviews are a two way street. It is as much your opportunity to decide whether you want to work for that company as it is their chance to decide whether you would be the best candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

• Technical trouble-shooting scenario such as steps you might go through to troubleshoot performance issues when accessing a web based application.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.