Khoros Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Khoros Interview Questions

Interviews at Khoros

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Khoros.

Interview

Had a pre-screen with recruiter to collect my background, then a skype interview with manager . I worked in an online code editor while talking through problem while the interviewer asked questions.

Interview Questions

• Essentially it was ONE Java 8 collections / streams / lambda question, and that was it. Minor SQL question afterwards.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Khoros (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

(Formerly known as Spredfast + Lithium)

The interview process took about 5-6 weeks. I was initially contacted by a recruiter for a phone screen and after I completed it did not hear back for about two weeks. Next I was sent a follow-up email that asked for a live coding challenge it was scheduled the following Monday.

However, come Monday, I was ghosted by the recruiter and engineer manager. The week after the supposed interview, the recruiter reached out and asked to reschedule the interview for the following week. I responded with my times and availability and it's been several days and haven't heard back.

Candidates be warned...your time is too valuable. Don't waste your time.

Best of luck on your searches!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Khoros (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked to recruiters at school career fair, invited to open house. Later interviewed onsite. Three back to back to back coding questions, on a whiteboard. Everyone was very nice, and they provided food on both occasions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Fizzbuzz variant
      2. Maps and reading files
      3. find all duplicate files in a filesystem   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Khoros (Madison, WI (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

There were three steps:
    - Initial Phone Interview from HR: This was more of an informational interview, briefly discussing my work experience and finding out more about the company.
    - Technical Phone Interview: More in-depth discussion about my work experience, technologies I was familiar with, open discussion about procedures and technology I liked, didn't like, what Spredfast uses, etc. Some pretty basic interview questions about Java, with some discussion about the more interesting ones.
    - In-person Interview: I met individually with four different team members
      + Manager: Some discussion about the particular project the position was for, some brief questions about experience and fairly casual conversation
      + Vice President of Technology: Toured the office floor, talked about the office culture, some minor technical discussion, talked about what I was looking for in a new company.
      + Software Engineer: Discussion about the technology used at Spredfast, what the development process is like. Some technical questions. A lot of comparing/contrasting between my previous role and how Spredfast operates.
      + Technical Architect: This was the same person I had my technical phone interview with. We recapped a few of the same things discussed then, had some more technical questions (a bit more abstract and in-depth, gauging thought-process/problem solving rather than rote knowledge).

Interview Questions

• Create a method for finding the first non-repeating character in a string (e.g. foo("abcdabd") should return 'c')   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Khoros (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Talked to an HR representative for 30 minutes. Had a screen-share technical/code interview with one of their engineers for 60 minutes. Then was invited for a 4-hours onsite interview. I aced the coding sections, but was asked numerous high level architecture questions fit for someone far more experienced than myself,

I was disappointed that they did not provide either lunch or parking for candidates. Spending $25 out of pocket and a vacation day to not receive an offer was disappointing. The reason I was not given an offer was that I didn't have the experience they were looking for, which should have been obvious from my resume, and because I'm always very exxplicit as to my current experience level.

They do however offer employees catered lunches 4 days a week, plus snacks for employees (which I saw in-person). They're also in the process of moving the two Austin offices into the same downtown office as of today, which I noticed is a complain in many reviews.

The other downside was that it is an Open Office space. For engineers who need a quiet focused space, you might find this challenging. The space (which they're moving out of) was other wise nicely designed, clean, and well taken care of, so I'd imagine the new space would be the same.

Interview Questions

• Describe how to optimize, or debug optimization of a database query.   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Khoros (Austin, TX (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three steps:

1. Initial phone interview with HR to discuss experience, compensation and benefits (30 min.)

2. Video chat with hiring manager to discuss my experience in more detail and some culture/team fit questions (30 min.)

3. Four 30 minute onsite interviews with 8 people from the team ranging from VP to Director to other Strategist.

Know your stuff. Be interesting. Have a perspective.

Overall, it was one of the best of and most professional interview processes I’ve been a part of. Everything was clearly communicated, expectations were set and it all moved quickly.

Interview Questions

• Experience, situational questions, and casual conversation   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Khoros.

Interview

There was no interview process. Had an HR representative reach out and ask for my availability. I responded promptly with a few times and then never heard back. I followed up twice and she completely ignored me. Really unprofessional. If they didn't want to talk to me then they should at least have the courtesy to send a note saying so.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Khoros in April 2015.

Interview

Completely unorganized HR staff. In retrospect I'm glad I was not offered the position I applied for as this made me wonder about the company itself. HR rep contacted me about a phone interview. Instead of a specific time, I was given a three hour window of when I'd be contacted--she never called! Eventually spoke with her, a manager, and two employees. Never heard back. Not even a rejection email.

Interview Questions

Khoros Response

14 Aug 2015 – Director of Talent and Development

Thank you for your candid feedback as we are always looking to improve our interview process. It sounds like you had some touch points with a recruiter over the phone and a few members of the hiring... More

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Khoros (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard back in about 3 weeks.
    1. Phone interview with HR lasting about 15-30 mins.
    2. In-person interview with the hiring manager lasting about 30 mins - 1 hour.
    3. In-person interview with 5 members of the related team and revisit with the manager from round 2. Each meeting lasted about 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience.
      Describe an incident when you had to persuade someone to do something and what was the outcome.
      Tell me about your related technical skills.
      Tell me about a time you had to improve a process.

The whole interview panel was very knowledgeable and asked challenging questions. Be prepared to share your applicable experience and understand the technical requirements. The interviews were difficult but fair, and preparation was key.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Khoros (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who started in this role. I was contact by a textbook basic recruiter quickly. Had a very basic phone interview with very basic feedback. Lots of "absolutely"s and "very nice"s. Met with the hiring manager at a coffee shop. He cut the meeting short due to another meeting. I felt this was unfair, and left me with a lot of regret about not going over certain things. We did not have time to go over salary, next steps, anything. Was not contacted for over a week until I reached out again, recruiter said I did not earn another in person interview. I kindly asked for feedback, as I feel this is now acceptable and common practice. No feedback was provided. Negative experience. Unprofessional. Poor communication.

Interview Questions

Khoros Response

17 Aug 2015 – Director of Talent and Development

Thank you for the feedback on your interview process. Our recruiting team screens candidates that the hiring manager has reviewed, and these calls cover a few basics. These include compensation... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.