L.E.K. Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 485 of over 485 interviews

Employee Referral7%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA)

Interview

Overall a good experience. I didn't get the job but I was impressed by the interview format. First is a phone screen followed by three interviews with various help desk analysts. Questions were mostly technical.

Interview Questions
  • Why work for LEK? How many basketballs fit in a school bus?
    Answer Question

L.E.K. Consulting

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in Oct 2021

Interview

I got a 1st round interview with L.E.K. and interviewed in early October 2021. The interview was split into two 30-minute case interviews: first was qualitative (market-entry w/ market-sizing component) and the second was quantitative (market-sizing). I had heard that L.E.K. really emphasized market-sizing so I practiced a lot of market-sizing cases – if you do 20-30 market-sizing and talk through your thought process as if you are in the interview as practice you should be fine. The qualitative case was a little bit more tricky. It was about a company that makes a stent-type of medical device that prevents a certain type of stroke. The intro to this case was very long (4 minutes of him reading the case) with a lot of info thrown at you. This is meant to throw you off a little so be able to discern the noise from the actual info you need. I got caught up with the technical terminology and fumbled through the case, but if you get a case like this just take the time to collect your thoughts, organize the data, and work through the problem logically – it was hard, but it was not impossible if you have done a good amount of case prep. The market-sizing case was about a P.E. firm looking to acquire a diffuser company that sells their diffusers to movie theaters – sizing the market for a product like this. Pretty basic case, numeracy element was not bad either but be sure to organize your data on your paper clearly. I found out I did not get a final round the following day, but the process was relatively straightforward. The interviewers did not seem to be very engaged and it is tough to build rapport when you only have five minutes at the beginning of the session to answer behavioral questions. 1st round at L.E.K. is really all about your case performance so be sure to be solid on your casing and you'll make it to the final round.

Interview Questions
  • Market-entry about a company that manufactures stents – looking to enter U.S. market and tasked to size the U.S. market – data is given to calculate the market size (some of the data you have to ask for and some of it is given in the intro) Market-sizing: calculate the market size ($) of a diffuser company that sells its product to movie theaters – most of the data is given to you; also had to calculate recurring revenue opportunity (how much the company would make after year 1)
3 people found this interview helpful

L.E.K. Consulting

Application

I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting

Interview

It was good; was asked a guesstimate. Basic case prep and a structured thought process should be helpful to steer through the interview. The initial part involved a basic ice-breaker after which we discussed on my resume and then to a guesstimate. The interview went for about 30 mins

Interview Questions
  • Guesstimate the number of coke cans sold in India in a year

L.E.K. Consulting

Application

I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting

Interview

Friendly interview with 4 rounds: 1. Math test (fairly easy) 3 interviews with business cases and personal fit questions. Overall very friendly and constructive environment. Received feedback on the next day. Fulltime interviewees have one additional interview with a partner.

Interview Questions
  • - Market sizing questions for different products in different markets - Standard personal fit questions

L.E.K. Consulting

Application

I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting

Interview

Virtual interviews back to back. 1st 45 minute interview focused on quant. 2nd 45 minute interview focused on strategy. Prepare to write down notes about the details of each case study.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself and tell me a time when you had a challenge with a team

L.E.K. Consulting

Application

I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting

Interview

Math Test, Case Interview and Market Sizing Interview. The two interviews also contained questions of motivation and reasons for applying. Generally very pleasant experience and well structured interviews. Nothing unexpected really.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

L.E.K. Consulting

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting

Interview

Included case interviews focused on market sizing and industries that L.E.K. is focused on (e.g., life sciences, pharmaceuticals, tourism, education, among other industries). Also asked about motivations in joining the firm.

Interview Questions
  • Market sizing question: estimate the market size of a specific product line.

L.E.K. Consulting

Application

I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting

Interview

HR contacted me to a consultant position. The process was based in 2 rounds (2 interviews per round) and it took approximately 1 month. Very enjoyable process, with nice interviewers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

L.E.K. Consulting

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting

Interview

Friendly and felt looked after, they asked a bit about yourself and your CV before moving on to a case study or market sizing, depending on the interview. 2 interviews total.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

L.E.K. Consulting

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting

Interview

Two rounds with case interviews and studies. The Recruiter is nice. There are More technical questions asked than behavioral ones so you should focus more on studying for technical answers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 485 Interviews