Laura Ashley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Laura Ashley Interview Questions

Updated 29 Sep 2017

2.7

Interview

I had been working at a store 2 doors down from Laura Ashley so it was in my favor that the current store manager knew a bit about me. The process was simple and I was asked very basic questions like why I wanted to work there, what my strong and weak points were, and what my goal was within the company if I was hired.

Junior Knitwear Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Laura Ashley (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Got email and call from HR, followed by a first and second interview. For the second interview, I was asked to do a mini project and presentation. This was not very "mini", it was quite large and took all the time from the call until the interview, without much sleep or time to do anything else. Never got any answer or feedback which is not very courteous after two interviews and asking the interviewee to do a lot of work (including handing it over to them to keep.)

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Laura Ashley.

Interview

Arrived at my interview to find out I had to do a maths test, to be then told to go home and they can no longer interview me because i didn't do as well as they wanted me to in it (i only got a few questions wrong and it's stuff I could learn and refresh in my mind if I was reminded how to do it again), nice people but I wasn't impressed that they refused to carry on the interview and felt belittled, embarrassed and that I wasted my time and money. I wouldn't have minded if they interviewed me and then contacted me to tell me I haven't got the job it's the fact I made so much effort for an interview to not be interviewed. Only apply if you're good at maths!

Anonymous Employee in Chester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Laura Ashley (Chester, England).

Interview

Interview was very long for a retail job. It started with a very easy maths test and memorizing a short passage about their MasterCard. A face-to-face interview was then held with the manager in their office. Almost every detail of the company was explained and numerous questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What do you know about the brand?
      What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dorchester, South West England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Laura Ashley (Dorchester, South West England, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled in an application form ( they didn't accept CVs which was annoying)
    Was contacted a few days later and asked to come for interview. Called me back two days later to say I had job.
    On arriving taken upstairs and spoken to straight away. Had to complete basic maths test, which was fine but was asked to do so sitting on sofa on shop floor! No customers came up but feel that could have been unfairly distracting if they had.
    Interview was fine, fairly standard, interviewer went through list of questions and wrote down my answers, she was friendly and gave me chance to ask questions too.

Interview Questions

• What add ons could you put with a sofa?   1 Answer
    • How many hours do you want to work?   1 Answer
    • How have you dealt with people who get angry before?   1 Answer
    • How would you greet customers entering the store?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Laura Ashley.

Interview

Simple maths test to be completed upon arrival, which was followed by a relatively informal interview, comprising of relatively generic interview questions. To conclude asked to demonstrate how you would sell the Laura Ashley store card to a customer. Heard back within two weeks of interview. Interview took place on shop floor.

Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Laura Ashley in June 2016.

Interview

A brief maths test, then about 25 question (often repeating myself and them doing the same); going over job history, sales situation and management techniques. The interview was with manager and assistant manager, I could tell what answers they like - 'KPI's, interior design experience, sales experience and teamwork'.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience in a target driven environment?   1 Answer

Translator/Online Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Laura Ashley (London, England).

Interview

Applied online via the website and received a call and mail from the HR department rather quickly afterwards. An interview on location (their HQ near Imperial Wharf) took place a couple of days later, it was a fairly average 1:1 with standard questions.

Up until then, my overall experience had been very good - unfortunately, I never ever heard back afterwards and despite having followed up, I did not get any feedback at all.

I do understand that this means I have not been successful, however, I think it is very inappropriate to invite applicants to an interview to your office - and then to fail to send even a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself / your professional history. Why did you apply with Laura Ashley.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Laura Ashley.

Interview

I was so nervous and had prepared so well for the interview, believing Laura Ashley to be a prestigious British brand, only to get to the interview and pretty much only be asked "when can you start?" They are so desperate for staff as the staff turnover is so high due to the treatment of employees, especially the pay!

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with being paid minimum wage?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Laura Ashley in January 2016.

Interview

1. I submitted my CV in store
    2. Call from Assistant Manager after a couple of weeks
    3. Invited for an interview
    4. Interviewed by Manager
    5. Maths and English tests

The interview itself was laid back and the interviewer made you feel really comfortable. With good knowledge of how Laura Ashley started, their main target customers and an understanding of their basic products will entail you'll be prepared for the interview. The interview itself is competency and technical. After the interview I had to complete two tests, they were easy,

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Laura Ashley
      Describe a time you've had a bad and good customer service
      What qualities are important to be a sales advisor   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.