Laura Ashley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Laura Ashley Interview Questions

Updated 20 Feb 2018

2.7

Interview

I had been working at a store 2 doors down from Laura Ashley so it was in my favor that the current store manager knew a bit about me. The process was simple and I was asked very basic questions like why I wanted to work there, what my strong and weak points were, and what my goal was within the company if I was hired.

Planning Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Laura Ashley (London, England) in December 2014.

Interview

Short maths test on ratios, percentages etc had to complete as much as possible in 20 minutes. Then interview with two people from the department. Never heard back from them despite emailing HR a number of times so I assume I didn't get the job. Since I travelled 200 miles to attend the interview I expected they could at least send one email out of courtesy.

Buyer's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fulham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Laura Ashley (Fulham, England) in October 2013.

Interview

Once I got the interview, the recruiter emailed me the following instructions:

"Please present six to eight new ideas for the AW14 Laura Ashley Gift Home Accessory range. You should then prepare a commentary with your reasons for why you think they are appropriate for the range, considering our existing offer and our competitors ranges.

As well this please review the existing Gift Home accessory range and
    present a concise SWOT analysis."

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good buyer's assistant?   Answer Question

BUYING ADMINISTRATOR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fulham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Laura Ashley (Fulham, England) in May 2015.

Interview

Process was pleasant,, easy and quick.
    Applied on line and heard back within a few days inviting me to an interview.
    Interview went well, felt welcomed and the interview with the buying administrator went well, felt more like a chat.
    I was asked to do a simple word and excel task which I was not aware of but was very easy.
    Interview was on Thursday and received an offer on the following Tuesday which was in the time frame that I was told

Interview Questions

• Who do you want to work in buying?
      Why Laura Ashley?
      Tell me about your work experience?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Laura Ashley in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by 2 one-to-one interviews. Interviews were overall okay. But very intimidating at first.in my last interview with the president I was questioned almost every single point in my resume. It went alright but I was afraid about the future prospects when working for them.

Interview Questions

I questioned myself if I was certain about work dynamics and management to staff attitudes and behaviour.

Allocator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Laura Ashley (London, England) in July 2015.

Interview

Contacted via email to arrange interview. Short Interview by two people from merchandising department followed by a 30 minute maths test. Told I would be informed by the end of the next week. I had to email the he department a number of times until eventually a month later I was informed that I hadn't got the job.

Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Laura Ashley in June 2016.

Interview

A brief maths test, then about 25 question (often repeating myself and them doing the same); going over job history, sales situation and management techniques. The interview was with manager and assistant manager, I could tell what answers they like - 'KPI's, interior design experience, sales experience and teamwork'.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience in a target driven environment?   1 Answer

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Laura Ashley (London, England) in April 2015.

Interview

Their recruitment process is very unprofessional. Got an email which asked me what my salary expectations etc are and if I am available for an interview 2 days later. I replied with all the questions which she asked me and said i was available for an interview the day she wanted. I didn't receive any reply on my email. I had to follow up on the email and then she replied sorry they can't meet my salary expectations. I replied back with a much lower expectation and also which will be way below the marketplace going salary will be for such a role, I asked her to consider this and that I am looking for a proactive role and that salary doesn't matter to me etc and i never heard back from them again! For such a company I am really surprise at how unprofessional their recruitment process is, If they want to employ great people they will HAVE TO IMPROVE THIS!!!!

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Laura Ashley.

Interview

I was so nervous and had prepared so well for the interview, believing Laura Ashley to be a prestigious British brand, only to get to the interview and pretty much only be asked "when can you start?" They are so desperate for staff as the staff turnover is so high due to the treatment of employees, especially the pay!

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with being paid minimum wage?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Laura Ashley (Ipswich, England) in January 2013.

Interview

Maths test first, basic knowledge for cutting fabric etc, you must pass this to get a formal interview!
    Your then asked questions on customer service, their products, why you will be a added benefit to them, how you will introduce a la credit card.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.