Macy's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 23 Sep 2017

1.9

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Telephone interview with a soft spoken and reassuring staff recruiting representative. The interview lasted about 20 or 30 minutes. I spoke about my previous experience. Also I was asked where I have learned about the job opportunity.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a colleague who I think is not taking their fair deal of responsibilities.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Durham, NC (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for a seasonal position on Monday and received a email Tuesday telling
     me that i will received a phone call the following day. The phone rang at 9 am the next morning and they left a voice message telling to call back . I called macy's around 12:15 and she asked if we could do a over the phone interview which took like 20 mins i was on campus so it was hard finding a quiet spot. I was very nervous but i had experience at one of the stores competitors so all the questions she asked came easily.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

They asked you customers device questions. Be your self smile eye contact first a phone interview then you have a face to face. The interviewer was very nice I was very nervous make sure you show up on time

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Buford, GA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied and they called me within two weeks of submitting the application online. An interview time was scheduled for an in-person interview. It was brief and involved responding to many given scenarios of how I handled things in the past, such as angry customers, collaborating with a group to reach a goal, as well as how I would sell a Macy's card in the future. I impressed the manager that interviewed me and was given the position on site. They did not, however, call me back to schedule training and I had to call them two weeks later to set up a training shift with them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with an angry or upset customer in the past. How did you fix it for them?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Skokie, IL (US)).

Interview

The interview was very fast the person that interviewed me was rude didn't really smile just looked and shook her head. Didn't like how ill prepared she was. My interview I felt was not needed considering I have a bachelors.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Long process two phone interview and two onsite interviews

Interview Questions

• Mention a time when you have a difficult situation and how you handle it   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Sat in a room with about 10 other people who were waiting. Interviewed with one manager. Tell about a time u dealt with a difficult customer. How would u sell a top? What would u do if u saw a manager stealing? Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much wiggle room.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

hiring process was quick and easy.. one interview then offered a position.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied for Macy's online and in 2 days received an email to schedule an interview. When I got there the manager that scheduled my interview wasn't there so, I had to wait for the HR rep to call in another manager which took an hour. When the manager came in he was very easy going and professional. He asks basic interview questions from a script and offered me the job, I accepted the job offer and he left out the room to get my papers ready but after 30 minutes of waiting the manager returned only to tell me that the previous manager who scheduled my interview had scheduled a surplus amount of interviewees. Needless to say, they retracted my job offer and told me to reapply for another position, but I didn't bother.

Interview Questions

Frustration from the manager's mistakes.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Mason, OH (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

It was a very weird interview. Very low energy from the recruiter. Seemed like she did not want to be there or asking me questions. Then out of no where she sparked up. It was almost like a good cop/bad cop situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a customer service problem?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.