Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Macy's

7,165 Interview Reviews

2.2

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Schaumburg, IL (US)).

Interview

It went extremely well and was very quick. Whether or not that is good is up to you. If you have retail and/or cashier experience I believe this job will be easy for you to get. If you do not have either of those, it may be more difficult for the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous experience that will be beneficial here.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Simple process. You walk in, wait for the manager who is probably running around the floor to deal with other stuff, then they take you in a conference room. Worked in many departments then left after 3 months.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's in February 2020.

Interview

I submitted an application and received a phone interview the next day. It was very standard interview questions, and was laid-back. I got a job offer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had worked as a team?   1 Answer

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Filled out an application online, then was sent an email to schedule an interview, I came in the the a little through the interview the lady tells me that the position has been filled and asked if I would be interested in another role at the location. Honestly, I don't want ot work for a location that would have someone waste their time by coming in to interview for a position that has already been filled.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Long and involved but ultimately good there needs to be 30 words here but I don't have anything to add to the process, it was a long process and it resulted in an offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were challenged by a supervisor   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Took a while for someone to open the office door for me and even longer to see me. Everyone walked by as if I wasn’t there. I honestly almost left after 30 minutes of waiting. The cosmetics manager wasn’t there so another department manager interviewed me. It went by pretty quick and I had an alright experience. The manager was very friendly and easy to talk to. Listen to the questions carefully because there are mainly 3 parts to each question they ask, so make sure you answer them completely.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you overcame a conflict   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your work/sales experience   Answer Question
    • What is your availability   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you didn’t have enough knowledge/skill in a situation. How did you overcome it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a long term assignment you had where you had to keep in touch with others. How did you achieve it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you use technology in sales.   Answer Question
    • How do you build trust in someone?   Answer Question

EDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Average Interview Process: First interview was a short call explaining the position and why you would like to work for Macy's. Second, 2 Skype interview calls. Third, 2 day in-person interviews

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview process was brief, there were many other applicants waiting. There were only five questions asked of me, very common interview questions. I was hired on the spot, as well as many of the other people I saw in the interview room- because we ended up going through training together

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Pretty easy, no complaints. They’ve emailed me for best times schedule an interview, after receiving the call over the phone I was told to come in. After a face to face interview (no more than 30 minutes) I was hired two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the ideal candidate?   1 Answer

At Your Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Ann Arbor, MI (US)).

Interview

I was there to be interviewed for another job but ended up being offered this job instead. It made the interview process a bit differently than what I was expecting but overall, it was fairly quick and easy. They asked basic questions about your experience on how to deal with an angry or upset customer.. why you want this job and other things that didn’t matter.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry or upset customer?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.