Manchester Metropolitan University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Manchester Metropolitan University

2.8

Careers Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Manchester Metropolitan University (Manchester, England) in June 2019.

Interview

Application, panel interview which involved an in-tray test and small task. Consisted of 3 people interviewing me, all of which were lovely and put me at ease. Didn't get offered the position but I was informed the day later and got lots of great and helpful feedback.

Cafe Barista Interview

Interview

Group interview with around 30 others where we were asked to complete a number of creative and rationale tasks. Very chill and laid back. Not a ton of one on one interaction with management but gave off a good impression of the relaxed company culture.

Interview Questions

• Who would you want in an apocalypse bunker   1 Answer

Student Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manchester Metropolitan University.

Interview

Start by introducing yourself.
    Group activities to portray your knowledge about the university. Brief question and answer round on questions students and parents would ask you on open days. for example what is a foundation course or what is the closest supermarket to buy cheap groceries etc.

IT Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manchester Metropolitan University (Manchester, England) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview consisted of an presentation which you had to prepare before the interview and an interview with 3 member panel. Questions asked after the presentation and 9 interview questions. Project based questions with team leadership questions too. Mainly competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to manage a project?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to provide exception customer service?   Answer Question

International Marketing Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manchester Metropolitan University (Manchester, England) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied online, took 3.5 weeks to get a phone call to invite me to an interview. Interview consisted of an 8 min presentation, Q&A session and a 30 min assessment.

From the moment I walked into the meeting room I felt very uncomfortable. I wasn't greeted and nobody shook my hand when I offered. It was extremely intense! 3 people were on the panel and did not ask me any initial introduction questions or attempt to get to know me as a person.

I was briefed on the interview process again and handed a glass of water and a laptop to begin my presentation which I was timed. I was rushed towards the end as I had 2 mins left with 2 slides left to go and because I felt so uncomfortable I wasn't able to be my true self and it was honestly the worst interview/meeting I have ever been in.

I briefly asked about flexible working due to childcare and felt this was dismissed and hindered my application. After this shocking experience, I withdrew my application as I couldn't see myself working for such a team. The panel was rather rude and unfriendly and I have no idea that I would be assessed on the timing of my presentation rather than the quality of the work I had carried out. Honestly what is 2mins in the grand scheme of things? Candidates have made a real effort to put together a deck for this role and the least a panel can do is make their interview a little more comfortable and not make them feel like they are being assessed as though they are back in school.

It's a two way process and the panel did not make the role nor MMU appealing enough for me to leave my current position. I was really surprised about my experience and was so excited about it all and this will put me off from applying there in future.

Interview Questions

• Usual scenario based questions   1 Answer

PGCE Secondary Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manchester Metropolitan University (Manchester, England) in July 2018.

Interview

I was invited to interview for my PGCE. I was asked to prepare a short 10-15 minute lesson on a topic of my choice. At the interview there was the interviewer and one other person who was there for computer science PGCE. We were asked to discuss different ideas of teaching, asking to watch a video and critique what happened. This was finished with a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach?
      What would make you a good teacher?
      Do you have any experience in education?   Answer Question

Business Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manchester Metropolitan University.

Interview

Simple one interview process, quick feedback. Reasonable questions, 10 minute presentation. Three person panel.
    They asked for the presentation in advance and had it ready when I arrived. Good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• My previous experience as related to the person description   Answer Question

Temporary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Manchester Metropolitan University (Manchester, England) in April 2018.

Interview

In depth but not too long, quite friendly interviewers (2)- just asked about my relevant experience and I presented a lesson plan/materials and discussed stage/lesson aims etc.. Offered me the job quite quickly afterwards. This job was with the language centre.

Interview Questions

• Had to create/discuss a lesson plan and materials for a low-level class.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manchester Metropolitan University (Manchester City Centre, England) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online through a rigorous and fairly complicated format that assessed my competencies for the role. I am aware this has now been updated and is much easier.

Once my application was reviewed i was invited for an interview. I was interviewed by 3 senior employees. I had to give a 12 minute presentation on the role and how i would aid the academics.

I was called 1 hour after my interview and offered the job

Interview Questions

• In what way would you aid an academic in creating impact in policy from their research   1 Answer

Marketing - Student Career Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manchester Metropolitan University.

Interview

One member of the panel was pretty rude, making me feel rushed during my presentation by repeatedly telling me how much time I had left.
    I was interviewed by three members, only one of them pleasant. Who would have been my manager made me feel extremely uncomfortable, picking at every answer I gave, and another member who I would be taking over from never smiled once and looked bored and uninterested in what I had to say... I honestly felt like walking out of there.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.