Manhattan Vibe Collective Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Manhattan Vibe Collective Interview Questions

Interviews at Manhattan Vibe Collective

1.7

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manhattan Vibe Collective.

Interview

The process was great. I was able to go out on an interview with a top corporate trainer and see first hand what the company does. It was awesome that I could see exactly what was expected of me before even starting.

Interview Questions

• The different marketing systems that I had learned that day.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did my very best and showed them how much I wanted it and deserved to be offered the position.

"Marketing Associate" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Manhattan Vibe Collective (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Entered their run-down office to a crowded waiting room of seemingly under-qualified individuals. I arrived 15 minutes early for my interview, was called in to meet with a manager 45 minutes late. Had a 5 minute conversation with him, simply discussing my background and interests. Was given no information on the position, simply told to come in the next day for a full run-through of what a typical day was. That next day I was paired with an employee and we performed door-to-door sales. Throughout the day, I was evaluated on what I can now assume to simply be communication skills. I was also given written tasks, such as naming my strengths and weaknesses, finding words that describe me, and coming up with as many forms of direct and indirect marketing as I could (they want 5-10 for direct and at least 50 for indirect. Overall, this was a ridiculous task as it had no relevance to the position). At the end of a long day, I was seated in front of the hiring manager and asked why I would be a good fit. Despite being over-qualified for the position, I was told my resume was not as impressive as others, though would be offered the position as a result of a good personality. As I had other job prospects in the pipeline, I asked for a week to consider the offer, only to be told if I did not accept the position on the spot I would no longer have the opportunity. Do no trust organizations that pressure you like this.

This company sucks.

Interview Questions

• Provide as many examples of direct and indirect marketing as you can.   Answer Question

They were dishonest about the position, hours, and pay.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manhattan Vibe Collective.

Interview

The office was churning out interviews like a machine. There were 8 of us sitting around filling out forms. The forms all seemed to use different names for the same company. The TV was blaring. I felt like I was in a doctor's office.

Here is my interpretation of the experience: They weren't interested in hearing anything about me. The interview was a sales pitch for a nine hour unpaid "assessment". There was some big talk about an aggressive development plan, but from what I can tell, the "job" is door to door sales, and they use teams of unpaid laborers (#ninehourassessment) to do the work at no cost to them. I imagine that they expect you to "quit" after the "assessment," and they use a ton of different company names in order to stay under the radar--I believe that they have numerous office locations in order to propagate this.

The people were nice, though. They were also British.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Manhattan Vibe Collective (New York, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online through zip recruiter. Got a phone call within the next day with some very basic questions. Got invited to a in person interview, it was extremely short and simple. Afterwards, got invited to a full day on the job interview. Got the job within the same day and started the next.

Distributor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Manhattan Vibe Collective (New York, NY (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was a delight! It was very conversational, yet informative. The hiring manager was interested in getting to know me personally which was a nice change. I also got to spend an entire day seeing how the company runs!!

Interview Questions

• 5 steps of conversation
      8 steps of leadership
      Law of averages   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ensure to take full advantage of your observation day as it is very exciting and extremely informative.

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Manhattan Vibe Collective (New York, NY (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

they asked for three of my strengths and three of my weaknesses. then asked why do you want to get into sales and marketing. made me go three days for different interviews at their williams street location in manhattan in financial district.

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manhattan Vibe Collective (New York, NY (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

It was all a scam, its all door to door sales. The first round interview they made it sound extremely prestigious. The second round of interviews they brought me on a subway to Brooklyn (also made me pay for my own subway fare but that is besides the point), and went door to door to people's homes asking for donations.

Events Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Manhattan Vibe Collective (New York, NY (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

First round (informal) interview was more of a sales pitch from a car salesman - very easy - I wouldn't call it an interview... I think I was asked two - three questions. Made it through to second round interviews. I attended the 'full day' second round interview, sat at reception for an hour and then withdraw my application - not interested in sellng promotions at the subway.

Events Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Manhattan Vibe Collective (New York, NY (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the New York Vision which got me very confused because I couldn't remember applying for NYV. Turns out they are the same company, doing the same work. The interviewer kept talking about the business and their goals - although it all sounds very surreal, from a perspective of a person who has experience in business operations. Well, when I asked for details about the position I applied for, the interviewer said he would get there in a minute - and kept blabbing about the company. As expected by that point, the position was NOT for events, but for street demonstrators. He apologized for wasting my time. I left there with one question: if that company is so big and well succeed (with so many offices, according to the interviewer), why is one of the executives interviewing people they don't even know if are a good fit?????

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in being part of a company that is gonna reach 700 offices around the world?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

Interview

The initial interview was very brief, the normal "getting to know you" ordeal. For the second interview, prepare yourself for a long day shadowing a salesmen, who happens to go door to door (yes it is door to door sales). You're able to get a feel for pitching to clientele and the strenuous initiative it takes to truly consolidate clientele. However, I feel that my process was sort of unprofessional. Considering they scheduled me for a second-round interview, not only did they forget that I was scheduled to come in but I arrived to the initial office only to get notice that they moved to a newer location. But as stated, if that's what you're into totally go for it.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. i.e. What makes you the perfect candidate to be a part of the team?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.