Manhattan Vibe Collective Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Manhattan Vibe Collective Interview Questions

Interviews at Manhattan Vibe Collective

1.7

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Manhattan Vibe Collective (New York, NY (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

It was easy, they pretty much explained a company ladder to you. You start from the bottom then end up at the top. It's really just to suck you in because they don't actually tell you what the job is until they ask you to come back on the second day. The second day is awful it's walking around going door to door. I had to take a subway then a bus then walk miles it was awful.

Interview Questions

• They just asked about jobs on your resume and why you would like to work there   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Manhattan Vibe Collective (New York, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online through zip recruiter. Got a phone call within the next day with some very basic questions. Got invited to a in person interview, it was extremely short and simple. Afterwards, got invited to a full day on the job interview. Got the job within the same day and started the next.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

After sitting in the lobby with dozens of other people for over an hour you're taken into one of the offices and asked very general and straight forward questions. I honestly think that everyone makes it to the second round of the interview. The second round places you "in the field" (for me this was a subway station at Union Square) where you watch your potential manager try to sign people up for "call a doctor". After about an hour and a half of this you go to lunch where the logistics of what seem like a pyramid scheme are broken down to you. After this you are sent back to the home office where you will have your 3rd interview. It should be noted that you're expected to pay for all of this traveling on your own. I sat in the lobby for the 3rd interview for almost 3 hours. The lobby was crowded with dozens of people waiting for first round interviews. There were so many people that they ran out of chairs. The last interview was pretty straightforward and they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

I accepted at first but ended up turning the position down on my first day (which was the very next day). I was expecting some sort of orientation along with a few HR pamphlets. They wanted to rush me through some paperwork and send me back into the field again. I already had several reservations about the company and was constantly getting a shady vibe from management. I ultimately decided that I wasn't comfortable giving them my social security number and turned down the position.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Manhattan Vibe Collective (New York, NY (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Walked into their crowded office and saw 20-25 applicants filling out an application. Once I was called in, was asked about my sales experience and then asked what my aspirations were and so forth. Then the person talked about the history of the company starting with the founders and how they took one office and turned it into 450 offices in the UK, Ireland, and Spain.

Afterwards congratulated and informed me that I would be invited for the second interview. When I found out that it would be from 9-6pm I started asking specific questions which were being completely ignored. Was told that it would be an assessment and personality test to see if I would be a right fit for the company. At this point I politely declined and left.

First of all, here are the things that seemed a little shady in my opinion. Was told that MVC handles sales and marketing for Fortune 500 companies such as Verizon, Time Warner, and Comcast. If this is the case, how come the office was located in a run down building with a trash can in front of their door. Second, who does an all day interview the day before 4th of July weekend? If it were to take place on Monday I would have unknowingly attended. Lastly, the person interviewing me was like a used car salesman, skirting around specific questions and attempting to inflate the company as god's gift. If you're going to do that, at least look the part. I've worked at startup dot.coms that had better looking offices and furniture than this hole in the wall. Hopefully people will stay away since I see their ads constantly online.

Interview Questions

• In a group of people do you see yourself as a leader or follower?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manhattan Vibe Collective.

Interview

The process was great. I was able to go out on an interview with a top corporate trainer and see first hand what the company does. It was awesome that I could see exactly what was expected of me before even starting.

Interview Questions

• The different marketing systems that I had learned that day.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did my very best and showed them how much I wanted it and deserved to be offered the position.

Application

Interview

Made me come in for an interview on the first day, and was quickly told I passed their personality test and that I should come in the next day for a second interview. However what they failed to mention is that it wasn't a formal interview but instead a day of "out in the field" work with other "Event Assistants". What I really didn't like about this process is that they fail to thoroughly explain what the job is exactly. Come to find out the "events" are really tables set up in the subways and you have to approach commuters and try to sell them the various products Collective sponsors. Now while this isn't a bad job to take, it's just not the one they advertise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Manhattan Vibe Collective (New York, NY (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

First round (informal) interview was more of a sales pitch from a car salesman - very easy - I wouldn't call it an interview... I think I was asked two - three questions. Made it through to second round interviews. I attended the 'full day' second round interview, sat at reception for an hour and then withdraw my application - not interested in sellng promotions at the subway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Manhattan Vibe Collective (New York, NY (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the New York Vision which got me very confused because I couldn't remember applying for NYV. Turns out they are the same company, doing the same work. The interviewer kept talking about the business and their goals - although it all sounds very surreal, from a perspective of a person who has experience in business operations. Well, when I asked for details about the position I applied for, the interviewer said he would get there in a minute - and kept blabbing about the company. As expected by that point, the position was NOT for events, but for street demonstrators. He apologized for wasting my time. I left there with one question: if that company is so big and well succeed (with so many offices, according to the interviewer), why is one of the executives interviewing people they don't even know if are a good fit?????

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in being part of a company that is gonna reach 700 offices around the world?   Answer Question

Distributor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Manhattan Vibe Collective (New York, NY (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was a delight! It was very conversational, yet informative. The hiring manager was interested in getting to know me personally which was a nice change. I also got to spend an entire day seeing how the company runs!!

Interview Questions

• 5 steps of conversation
      8 steps of leadership
      Law of averages   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ensure to take full advantage of your observation day as it is very exciting and extremely informative.

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manhattan Vibe Collective (New York, NY (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

It was all a scam, its all door to door sales. The first round interview they made it sound extremely prestigious. The second round of interviews they brought me on a subway to Brooklyn (also made me pay for my own subway fare but that is besides the point), and went door to door to people's homes asking for donations.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.