McAfee Interview Questions

Updated 25 Aug 2015

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in February 2015.

Interview

I did one phone screening, two interviews and a software test at codility.com All three interviews wasn't technical, was about team project at university and my previous experience. After the phone screening which was a mix of technical questions about arrays, pointers and algorithms, I did a phone interview with two members of the team. A week later I did an interview and a coding test with a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of conflict in a team and how did you respond.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aylesbury, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Aylesbury, England) in July 2014.

Interview

I've applied online and it took them about 2 weeks to reply. - It starts with a 20 minute HR Interview which includes some simple technical questions about linked lists, pointers, algorithms etc.. - If you pass that, you get invited to the main office, the interview was 2 hours long which included a QA test, programming test, whiteboard testing and 2 interviews, one technical and the other was a biographical interview. Overall it was quite a tough experience, and they do give you feedback after a week.

Interview Questions

• Compare Java to C++, and explain why would you choose to one instead of the other. There was also some questions about concurrency   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

At first the standard telephone interview, in order to check if the candidate is suitable for a face to face interview. Then the second stage with the face to face interview. The face to face interview consisted of a quick tour of the building, showing all the facilities, then after a test.

Interview Questions

• I suggest to get ready for questions specific to the role.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aylesbury, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Aylesbury, England) in March 2008.

Interview

After talking to the recruiter, and going through the usual "skills checklist" and "small talk" (personality assessment?), a phone interview (by the hiring manager) was conducted. The interview was mainly technical. After that, a series of interviews was booked (all during the course of one day). First, there was a C++ test (to be solved by developing software on a stand-alone computer), followed by a 1:1 with the hiring manager (of a technical background), then a 1:1 with the director for the division (the hiring manager's manager).

Interview Questions

• Can't quite remember. Everything was reasonable for the technical level they were hiring for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As I already had an offer from another company at the time of the interviews, McAfee moved forward quite quickly, and made an offer on the next day, quoting they weren't interested in a "bidding war" with the other company.

UI Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through staffing firm, first round was F2F, some basics javascript questions and after I was asked to take a quiz of 20 questions and a js coding test which was again basics of javascript/css/html. After these tests interviewer told me that I would receive a call from HR if shortlisted. There is no call from Intel yet! I think I actually wasted 1 day for this interview. They should have at-least informed the status as a courtesy. The questions were way too easy for an UI architect with 12 years in the same field.

Interview Questions

• How you create object in JS How you create array in JS Few very basics questions about css too.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the Project Manger and the Team Leads of both the Development and Testing Departments. After enquiring about the current position and previous experinece, they conducted a written test to analyze my basic programming skills and grasp over the thoretical aspect of it. Later, a machine test was conducted by providing three problems with increasing level of difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Several questions regarding the data structures, functions and network programming   Answer Question

Call Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by face-to-face interviews. I did not get past the second phone interview so I have no further detail about the rest of the process. Most likely a minimum of 2 face-to-face interviews with 1 to 2 group interviews (4 to 5 : 1 ratio). Many times, one of the group interviews will be with a small group of Executives to see how well the candidate interrelates and presents to Executive Management.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself." (phone interviews can be difficult because 55% of the message can be lost or misconstrued since this percentage of the message is attributed to body language)   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

Online resume was submitted There was a Group interview One person asked the questions while the rest were silent observers The person who was asking the questions seemed to showcase his knowledge rather focus on the candidate The questions were easy for persons who are knowledgeable in Unix and perl

Interview Questions

• Technical questions Asked about automation and tool sets Knowledge of scripting- perl, Python etc   1 Answer

Unstable environment

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Saint Paul, MN (US)).

Interview

Phone interview + face-to-face interview. Nothing too tricky. Search google for software interview questions. Meet with the director for some communication software, then a senior software engineer for some basic technical questions. Then meet with a test software manager for some more communication questions. (The hiring manager was on vacation at that time)

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Interview process consists of following rounds 1. Telephonic: Technical and High level work exp 2. Inside office 4 technical rounds + 1 written coding test on pen and paper (familiar algo questions)

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.