Met Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Met Group

3.3

Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Met Group (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews. The first round was with a junior person (the course coordinator). The second round was with the director of the course. The questions were similar in both rounds: tell me about yourself, why trading, what's your motivation for trading etc. There was a written maths at the beginning (not hard, just simple maths questions). During the interviews, you will be tested on your metal arithmetic ranging from easy (25^2) to medium (13^4) to ridiculous (a random 3-digit number * another random 3-digit number). Be prepared to show your long-term commitment to the company (apparently their strategies can only be profitable after 2-3 years). Personally I don't think Met will be a good fit for me as you can only trade their strategies and the director didn't articulate very well to me what the strategies are.

Interview Questions

• Mental maths (countdown style) i.e. make a target number from 6 random numbers using + - * /   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Met Group (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Online test (knowledge and then GMAT type of questions) and then a test at their offices (20 calculations in 10 minutes, e.g. 7^3, different percentages etc.) and then a face to face interview with more math questions

Futures Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Met Group (London, England) in May 2016.

Interview

There were two tests mathematical and Financial knowledge test both at ten minutes each. These were more daunting than indicated in the emails. The maths test covered basic algebra that more focused on speed rather than skills test. There were thirty-seven questions, which ranged from low to medium difficulty. After this there was a face to face interview which further mental maths and questions about the CV you presented.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Met Group (London, England) in September 2015.

Interview

I have met a very friendly interviewer in the 1st interview. He explained the opportunity in great detail. He asked some general questions about myself and some mental arithmetic questions.

The 2nd interview was conducted by an interviewer who was quite arrogant IMO. The questions were broadly similar but he did spend a lot of time asking about my job searching so far.

Futures Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Met Group (London, England) in May 2015.

Interview

online test, 2 Interviews both testing mental arithmetic and logical reasoning. Initially required to talk a little about yourself and why you want to be a trader, then asked about current affairs in financial markets followed by mental arithmetic and logical reasoning questions which can vary quite widely. Expect to be challenged more than in other interviews.

Interview Questions

• mental arithmetic and logical reasoning   1 Answer

Trader Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Met Group (London, England) in April 2015.

Interview

1st interview: mostly mathematical and numerical questions. But also: Why do you want to be a trader? Be prepared also to ask questions.
    2nd interview: various questions on your cv. Why do you think you will be a successful trader? What have you heard about Met Trader? Also you have to show you are willing to stay for a long period.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Met Group (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied directly through the website.

You go through two tests; the first is on general knowledge about the economic environment and trading industry and the second is a numeracy test. You then enter some additional details and are contacted on the back of those tests if you are successful and are invited for interview.

The first interview is with one of their trader tutors and the second is with the head of trader training. Both interviews where about my background, why I wanted to become a trader as well as a few further on the spot numeracy questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become a trader?
      What have I done to prepare for a career in trading?
      What characteristics do I have to become a good trader?   Answer Question

Entry Level Trader Interview

Interview

The first stage is a simple mathematical test. Long multiplication, fractions etc. 20 questions in 10 minutes you need 75% to pass and go through to a formal interview. Formal interview with one of the senior traders in the company. Asks about experience, general CV based questions followed by some mental arithmetic of reasonable level. Offices are in an odd place nestled in the quiet streets 5 minutes walk from west hampstead station.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Met Group.

Interview

1 round: numerical test (simple arithmetic, but few time) - face to face interview to test your numerical skills
    2 round: with the boss: presentation, tell something about yourself and again numerical questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Met Group (London, England).

Interview

Maths test (20qs in 10mins)
    Initial Interview (CV, personal and mental arithmetic)
    Final Interview (Generic qs plus more advanced mental arithmetic)

Questions varied from those about experiences in life/work so far to questions on future career

Interview Questions

• mental arithmetic - squared/cubed/power of 4, in your head in a short period of time. e.g. 9^4, 55^2   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.