Missguided Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Missguided Interview Questions

Interviews at Missguided

2.5

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Missguided.

Interview

I heard back from Missguided within a week of applying and felt quite confident about this. HR got in touch to arrange an interview but had to postpone to a later time than planned. The interview was a chat with HR on the phone which then also felt quite rushed. I was asked about previous work experience and told that other candidates had more experience than me - I suppose it was honest and early feedback but it didn't leave me with an overly positive outlook of the interview.

Marketing and Customer Insight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Missguided (Manchester, England) in June 2019.

Interview

Completed 3 rounds of interviews - one on the telephone and two in-person including a presentation of a work assignment. The project was to analyse a large dataset, hundreds of thousands of rows, and present to them an analysis of a topic of my choice. It was like university coursework. I spent at least 24 working hours on in it in total.

I understood there were four finalists being interviewed for the position. I was told I would hear back the following week of the outcome. That week came and went silently with no communication from Missguided and then another week later I emailed to ask politely for an update as they had made it clear they wanted to have made a decision by then. I received no response from either of the two people I emailed, who both interviewed me.

If I was unsuccessful, then a 30 second copy/ paste email letting me know would have been considerate. That would have been professional too. Instead they decide to ghost me and not respond to any emails after the final interview. Ghosted. After 3 interviews, hours of my time invested and being led to believe I was the first choice candidate. One of the interviewers was even head of a department too and yet he decided ghosting me was the right thing to do. I was nothing but professional, yet they were disrespectful, lazy and immoral.

Even if they offered me the job now out of the blue I would decline it as they made themselves look bad throughout the process. Even the receptionist was f'ing and blinding with no care for her impression on visitors. I was an interviewee, but what about suppliers, partners, customers etc. ? Other glassdoor reviews wrote they treat employees as replaceable and I agree. Another person left a review with a similar experience as mine.

Missguided describe their own culture as 'sassy' and I say 'sassy' because they abuse it as an excuse to be cunty. A nice office does not mean it's not an ugly place to work.

Finally, to the two people who interviewed me: grow a pair.

Interview Questions

Missguided Response

22 Aug 2019 – Talent Acquisition Lead

Thanks for taking time to post a review on Glassdoor about your experience with Missguided. We would like to apologise that your experience with Missguided has not been to the standard expected as we want to create a positive experience for all candidates.

As we are concerned by the issues highlighted in the review we would like to understand more so we would be grateful if you could contact us via hr@missguided.com. Any additional feedback will help us to improve processes and speak with relevant Missguided colleagues who were involved.

Head Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Missguided (Manchester, England) in May 2019.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional recruiter who rang at a totally different time for the phone interview. Very vague questions and didn’t seem particularly bothered. Was then invited to HQ for a face to face. Took several days to get the time after being asked initially - felt like pulling teeth to confirm. Went to the 1:1 and was left waiting for 40 minutes at reception. Eventually was seen and the interviewer was really nice and the offices were cute. Felt the interview went fine, nothing too tricky and was told the next state would be a task sent to me via email. After a week of no response from anyone, I emailed HR asking for feedback - nothing. Around a week later I emailed again, thanking them for seeing me and asking for feedback. Again, nothing. I never heard either way from anyone at Missguided again. I understand they’re busy but I took time off work to come to the HQ, spent ages waiting around for calls and meetings, and got zero feedback on why I wasn’t suitable. For such a large company, this is pretty rude and disrespectful to those interviewing - clearly they can’t be bothered to email if you’re not hired and just leave you wondering.

Interview Questions

Missguided Response

22 Aug 2019 – Talent Acquisition Lead

Head Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Missguided (Manchester, England) in May 2019.

Interview

Application via website in April, contacted by HR almost a month later for an initial phone screening which was very vague and didn't seem like they were interested in what I was saying, and then face to face interview booked in after I chased for an update. I was early and asked to wait in a reception area which was pitch black as lights were turned off.

Interview was with two people, mostly conversational and very friendly. I was asked to do a task followed by discussion . The interview experience was very positive but I have heard NOTHING since attending (not even a rejection) so I just have to assume I wasn't successful and figured it out via Linkedin when they'd hired someone in the mean time.

Heard nothing from their HR person, even tried to email to ask for an answer and still nothing.

There is no point in having the values you claim to have if you treat people like this, despite positive interview experience its a blessing not to be working somewhere that can be so disrespectful of people and the time and effort they put into their application. Your HR department sets the first and last impression and probably (definitely in my case) ruins the impression candidates have of the organisation. Do not recommend working for an organisation whose Human Resources team can't be bothered to demonstrate basic communication or manners.

(Overall a similar experience to the previous review)

Interview Questions

Missguided Response

11 Sep 2019 – Talent Acquisition Lead

German Copywriter & Content Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Missguided (Manchester, England) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied after seeing the job advertised on the company's careers page. I received a call two days later in which I was asked some basic questions and was then invited to an interview at the office. I had to complete a task ahead of the interview and was then asked questions from an interview template.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with the German language and culture?   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Missguided (Manchester, England) in October 2018.

Interview

Just go and that's it. They don't do a proper interview, just go there, fill a form and they ask about your ID, proof of adress and if it is a busy time they ask you to start the next day.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Missguided (Manchester, England) in June 2018.

Interview

You go in sign your name on are form then they give you a form to fill in about your details and you just fill it in and then after you hand it into the person doing the interviews and he goes through it and then you have your 1:1 interview

Interview Questions

• Any medical issues or anything that could affect me working   Answer Question

Buyers Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Missguided (Manchester, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Already worked at Missguided part time was applying for a full time role. Emailed my interest to People team, interview was then scheduled for following week. 30 mins average. Very casual.

Content Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Missguided (Manchester, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Came in for a one-to-one interview with my manager to be, which was very relaxed and informal. I then had to submit examples of my writing and complete a writing brief set by the marketing team. All this happened within a fortnight and I was offered the job.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatham, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Missguided (Chatham, England) in September 2017.

Interview

My friend who works there commented on a Facebook post that was asking for people to apply my name, email and phone number. Around 4 days later I got a call from the manager asking if I could come to an interview. An email followed with the address, time and said to wear something fashionable. I arrived to the Bluewater store to find myself in a group interview with around 15 other girls. There were 4 current employers there doing the interviews one being the manager. We had to say two truths and one lie, pick an outfit for a celebrity and talk in general. A lot of the girls at the interview knew the 4 girls interviewing us all meaning they had a better chance at getting the job. We then had to go for a one to one quick 2 minute interview with one of the 4 girls and answer questions and say our availability. The email also said to bring my CV, passport, photo of myself and National Insurance number. They never took this off me to write anything down which was pointless. We got told we would hear back in a week. 2 days later I had an email saying I was unsuccessful. Very bias interview as all the girls who knew the interviewers got the job and group interview was far too big to allow people to generally get to know one another and see if they would be suitable to work for Missguided.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.