Mott MacDonald Interview Questions

Updated 4 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Mott MacDonald

2.9
HardAverageEasy
Found 297 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (United States)

Interview

Hiring manager reviewed my background with me. Not too many in depth questions, just some questions to be assured I was tech savvy, up for the challenges and could be a self-starter.

Interview Questions
  • How I might handle a difficult situation or person.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in United Kingdom
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (United Kingdom)

Interview

Typical application process. Applied online for various locations. Included a number of 300-word answers to determine motive for applying and understanding of the company's values. Each location/office was treated as a separate application. I was invited to online face-face interviews at two separate office. These involved a discussion with two senior project managers with a techincal questions section.

Interview Questions
  • Technical questions to determine how candidates would approach a typical management problem.
Anonymous Employee in United Kingdom
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (United Kingdom)

Interview

Presentation (which you prepared before) then two interview (one was a case study interview). Friendly company whilst interviewing, made you feel relax. The process was all online due to COVID. Best interview process so far

Interview Questions
  • Why the company, why the position chosen, strength based questions and then a few more random one’s like ‘if you had X amount of money and you couldn’t invest it what would you spend it on’
Anonymous Employee in United Kingdom
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (United Kingdom)

Interview

The first stage of the application involved a series of online tests, then followed by an in-depth application in the form of targeted application questions. The test center involved two interviews (one for a specific pre-assigned task we had been set and a more general competency based one). There was also a group exercise.

Interview Questions
  • 1) The biggest factor influencing change in developing cities. 2) How do you cope with change
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pakistan
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Pakistan)

Interview

Pleasant experience. Very fair hiring process. Didn't perform well on the repeated math tests on the day. Overall a very good experience. The hiring managers were very nice people. The hiring process is designed really well and the job suited me perfectly and even the results were revealing of that except the re-test of numerical/shapes etc meant on the day i didnt score well and didnt get the job apart from that the job was on offer.

Interview Questions
  • Relating to the CV, Job and based on the personality filled questionnaire.
Anonymous Employee in United Kingdom
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (United Kingdom)

Interview

Its a lenghy process. Many interviews... but the offer range is very poor. Eache interview took 2 hrs and finally the recieved the offer below the market rate . They are looking for someone who knows everything for small remunaration

Interview Questions
  • Planning, Risk, 5D all topics.. Each interview will remain for 2 hrs
Anonymous Employee in United Kingdom
Application

I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (United Kingdom)

Interview

Three stage interview. Firstly general interview questions, then strength based questions and finally skills based questions. Skills questions were quite straightforward. Strength based was focused on personal attributes. Interview lasted around 1.5-2hours.

Interview Questions
Mott MacDonald
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (United Kingdom)

Interview

Made to fill out a huge form of questions only to be rejected by an automated email. Understand this is the way it’s done, but it’s so frustrating when you put hours and hours into a carefully thought out application. Feels like a kick in the teeth

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong
Application

I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Hong Kong)

Interview

Brief chat with the HR first, then face to face interview with team leaders of the environmental sector, no difficult questions were asked, no need written test, whole process took around one hour

Interview Questions
Mott MacDonald
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (London, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

They went external. Using an external recruiter, they head hunted me beginning of Feb 2021, job was slightly lower pay than my last role but I was willing to go for it on the fact it’s presented that it’s an awesome company to work for and quite liked the projects they work on in the world to make it a better place etc etc Throughout the stages I was told I’m their “favourite candidate”, 1st interview with another Finance Manger based out in UAE, lasted 30 min, slightly technical but extremely regimental process and set questions. No getting to know the person or fit... 2nd stage, with the hiring manager, Head of IT and another Head of infrastructure...,really liked the leaders but what let’s Mott down is the lack of genuinely getting to know candidates, ultimately it’s a fit that’s very important in all jobs. HM was regimented in questions and pushing on time, other leader was also focused on set up questions but allowed better insight gaining time to know me as a human being too! Which was good, and I left that interview not focusing on that Mott are too format driven. This also included a presentation which I spent significant time putting together as I really wanted to make an outstanding impact. Final stage: with the Global heads, seemed fine, interview went well, but again super structured questions and going through them one by one which again takes away the spirit of the interview to see how good will the candidate by interns of fit and softer skills which can make or break someone! I was told I would be told of the result in the next couple of days.... Couple of days pass, the external recruiter calls me in the morning saying they’ve just been informed that the other candidate is an INTERNAL ONE! And that’s it was absolutely shocked and quite frankly gutted. In fact I think I had even asked if there was any one internal who would be good for the role and they said no.... so either way they’ve gone for a outright super cheap option which is india based and will probably not work out and get into a bigger mess than current! Or the whole thing was a lie and no offer was made... Bizzare! No contact from HM or Talent person which to be honest is not right this day and age esp when so much time has gone into the process. Advice: think twice before applying for senior management posts.... it’s a lengthy process.... and PLEASE ask them if internal process is completely exhausted or running simultaneously!

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 297 Interviews