Mott MacDonald Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Mott MacDonald Interview Questions

Interviews at Mott MacDonald

2.9

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

The interview process was really casual, they weren't too strict about much in terms of conversation. They talked about the company and then about my experience and was an easy conversation.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Westwood, MA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online and the role shortly closed after. Months later I got an email saying the role is open again and they would like to interview me. The recruiter was 25 minutes late to the call that we set up. After my phone interview with the hiring manager and given the reviews on this company are pretty rough, I decided that the job isn't for me. The recruiter asked me for my thoughts after my phone interview, so I told him that after hearing more, the job isn't for me. I never got a response. My experience reflects that this might be a company too big to be bothered with caring about these matters, its employees etc..

Interview Questions

• What experience I had budgeting for projects and other project management responsibilities.   1 Answer

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Virginia Beach, VA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I went to an in person interview in the Virginia Beach office. The person who would be training his replacement (the person hired) was very pleasant and professional as he explained the job. He was joined by the Vice President on Skype after a half hour. The interview lasted one hour. Many questions were the same ones phrased in a different way. It was one of the worst interviews I have had to sit through in my life because the Vice President implied I was somehow immature because I had changed jobs twice in the past 5 years. The other interviewer came to my defense and said he had had to do the same thing himself in the past.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience in permitting?   1 Answer
    • Could I handle multitasking?   1 Answer
    • Why did you change jobs twice in the past 5 years?   1 Answer

Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Raleigh, NC (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Two interviewers, very relaxed setting. The interviewers talked most of the time and asked if I had any questions. Asked questions regarding experience from my resumé. Towards the end we chatted about our favorite books.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald in January 2019.

Interview

Very informative and relaxed interview. I met with three people from the department I applied to and they gave a presentation explaining what they and the company do domestically and abroad.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

You'll most likely be interviewed primarily by the Senior Engineer. If the Senior Engineer has what the company calls a new Associate, the new Associate is usually a Junior Level Engineer with 5-8+ years of experience. Prepare to know fundamentals but they know you are an Entry.

Interview Questions

• What is Power? What is Ohms Law? Describe Current. Describe your power background.   1 Answer

Transportation Engineer Interview

Interview

The process was very professional, Interviewers question about the position in question was accurate. They were clear about the direction of this company and the expectation of the position they're hiring for. Looking forward to becoming a part of the firm.

Interview Questions

• What special ability/power would you want and why?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

It was overall a very positive experience; contacted by an HR Manager for an initial phone screening. The final process was to present to the team lead, regarding renewable energy.

Interview Questions

Mott MacDonald Response

17 May 2018 – Recruitment systems manager

Hi, thank you for the review. It seems like you’ve had a positive experience with our recruitment process and we appreciate the time you put into the interview. We’re pleased you accepted the offer and a big welcome from us!

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

There was a phone interview and then an in-person interview. The questions were fairly run-of-the-mill. Since it was an entry level position, the questions were focused on willingness to learn, basic competence, previous internship experience, etc. They were friendly and polite the whole time.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

Basic engineering interview after meeting a representative at a career fair in college. Questions were basic and checked to see if I was a student who knew the fundamentals of engineering. I made sure to use some of the background research of the company to contribute to my replies about what I would like to develop as an intern.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself performing as a potential intern at Mott Macdonald?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.