NHS Healthcare Support Workers Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 76 of over 76 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHS Healthcare Support Workers (Newcastle, England, England) in May 2020

Interview

I applied online on trac. I was invited to the interview within about 2 weeks after the closing date. The interview was face 2 face with the dietetic department manager and one of the lead dietitians. The atmosphere was relaxed. I found out about the outcome of the interview on the following day. After accepting the offer, they contacted referees and conducted DBS checks. All process took about 2 months

Interview Questions
  • Could you tell me about yourself
    Answer Question
  • Why did you apply for this role
  • What is your understanding of confidentiality
  • Tell us about the time when you showed one or more of the NHS values
3 people found this interview helpful

NHS Healthcare Support Workers

Application

I interviewed at NHS Healthcare Support Workers

Interview

I was nervous but I shouldn’t have been as they were friendly and put me at ease. Asked a few complacency based questions and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NHS Healthcare Support Workers

Application

I interviewed at NHS Healthcare Support Workers

Interview

It was pleasant and done online, through an app called Discord. I chatted with the supervisor that was thorough and it was a breeze! I'm very excited to start with this company

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NHS Healthcare Support Workers

Application

I interviewed at NHS Healthcare Support Workers

Interview

Easy going, two interviewers , Online interview on teams and 6 questions following HR stuff and was not very stressful. Got back in a couple of days …. …… …… ……..

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NHS Healthcare Support Workers (Norwich, England, England) in Jul 2021

Interview

Applied online and heard a week after that I was invited to interview. The interview was at a recruitment evening with lots of other candidates. Arrived on site and they checked documents. The trac. website had mentioned ID was no longer required, and I phoned to confirm this with the recruitment team. On the night they still asked though, so always take some ID. I was given an assessment with basic maths and a few aptitude questions to answer. The answer boxes didn't allow for more than around a sentence for each question. The questions were basic around patient care. Why do you want to work with sick people? How would you calm an aggressive patient? How would you deal with someone who has wet themselves? About 10-15 questions along those lines. Then I was interviewed by two senior sisters. They were both so friendly and it went very smoothly and informal. I interviewed on Thursday and got a phone offer on Monday.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to be a HCA and what do you know about the role?
  • What kind of skills do you need to deal with someone who has soiled themselves?
  • Give an example of a time when you worked in a team, what did you do well?
  • What do you do to cope with stressful situations?
  • Tell us about a time you dealt with conflict.
  • You have 12 patients to do observations and the nurse has gone for break. Your first patient shows signs deterioration, your next patient seems to be trying to get out of bed and you know they are unable to get up unassisted, another patient shouts that they need the toilet. What order do you address the patients?
  • When have you shown a people focused approach in your work?

NHS Healthcare Support Workers

Application

I interviewed at NHS Healthcare Support Workers

Interview

Applied online via NHS jobs and then online video interview via Microsoft Teams. Heard back following interview via email and received an offer. The process was relatively prompt, I heard back from the interview the following day.

Interview Questions
  • teamwork evidence, awareness of codes of conduct, previous experiences

NHS Healthcare Support Workers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS Healthcare Support Workers

Interview

Long waiting time, friendly staff quick to find out if I got offered the job. Not a lot of questions but a few scenarios questions of what would you do if a patient was shouting etc

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NHS Healthcare Support Workers

Application

I interviewed at NHS Healthcare Support Workers

Interview

One on one interview, and a very basic quantitative and qualitative test. The quant and qual tests were incredibly easy - probably need maths at early high school level (if that) and the qualitative one was similarly very simple. They just want to make sure you can read!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NHS Healthcare Support Workers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS Healthcare Support Workers

Interview

Applied via the NHS website, this was followed by a text message offering me an interview. A manual dexterity and attention to detail assessment, followed by an interview with two interviewees.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bingley, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHS Healthcare Support Workers (Bingley, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

Panel was friendly make you feeling comfortable. The hard part for me it was my English. Very tricky questions. You need to answer simple and don't give extra information because you loosing the meaning.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NHS Healthcare Support Workers

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NHS Healthcare Support Workers in Feb 2021

Interview

I applied from an Indeed Virtual Hiring Event. All I had to do was add my contact details and select an interview date. The first interview was just preliminary with a staff member from Indeed to check I had the right qualifications and availability. The staff member then gave me an actual interview date with NHS staff. This interview happened around 3 weeks later at 8:30 am. The NHS interview was with two members of staff specific to the role I was applying to. They asked me the questions I have written below and made notes as I spoke. They then let me ask some questions. The interview lasted around 30-40 minutes. I made it through the interview but then they wanted me to fill out an application form, asking very similar questions to what they already asked in the interview, which I can't understand why. Also, they offered me a full time position even though I applied for part-time and made it clear that I am a full time student and my studies come first. I am unable to contact them directly as all communication occurred through Indeed. This is why unfortunately I had to decline the offer and am unable to continue with the application any further.

Interview Questions
  • What is your understanding of a clinical support worker?
  • Scenario: one of your patients wants to go to the hospital shop. What do you do?
  • Scenario: One of your patients has wet the bed. What do you do?
  • Tell us about a time her you were explaining something to someone and they didn't understand you. What did you do?
  • Why do you want to work in care?
  • Tell us about a time where you had to do something tough. Looking back now, what would you have done differently?
  • Scenario: One of your family members has been admitted into hospital. What would you look for to know that they were receiving good care?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 76 Interviews