Netdata Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 5 interviews

2.0
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Netdata

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netdata (Madrid) in Oct 2021

Interview

First interview with HR. All were good. We select a date to proceed with the Tech interview. The interview was cancelled 10 minutos before to start because the position was already taken. No serious!

Interview Questions
  • P: Are you interested in NetData? P: Salary expectations?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Netdata (Rotterdam) in Aug 2021

Interview

Process with basically 3 interviews. First one with the recruiter, second one with a manager with some level of technical questions but nothing too deep. Then a take home assignment which I described in the questions asked part below. Then an interview with the very arrogant COO. For me the last interview lasted 10 minutes because the COO started the interview right out of the gate just pointing out mistakes I made in the assignment, but all of the "mistakes" were explained and reasoned about in the README of the project. And I pointed out that all the answers to his questions were in the README he said he didn't like my attitude and cut the interview short. Meaning, the team that reviewed the project didn't even take the time to read the documentation presented with the project. This is exactly the reason companies need to stop giving coding assignments. The candidate spends hours and sometimes days which he take out of his family time, and companies like Netdata do not give the proper value. I am actually happy this didn't workout, because with a COO like this, this is definitely not a company I would like to work for.

Interview Questions
  • Deliverables: 1. The microservice written in golang 2. A brief documentation outlining your design/implementation decisions 3. A unit and end-to-end test suite for your implementation In this assignment we want you to design a new feature for Netdata cloud that allows users to receive notifications for the triggered alarms in a non-intrusive manner. To achieve that you need to create a microservice which will consume events from two topics. You will also need to create a publisher to send the AlarmDigest to the notification service. Subscribe to topics on Nats and Publish to it also. Notes 1. For the purposes of this challenge you can assume that your service will be part of an event driven system, with multiple microservices that communicate via messaging. 2. In the context of this challenge, nats will act as the message broker. 3. Our broker cannot guarantee in-order delivery of the messages 4. Our broker can guarantee at-least-one delivery for all topics 5. Your solution should be capable of handling any amount of messages 6. Your solution should be able to scale horizontally. 7. It is very important that all active alarms are eventually sent to the user, alarms should not be lost. 8. Ideally a user shouldn’t receive the same alarm twice, if its status has not changed since the last digest email. 9. Active alarms should be ordered chronologically (oldest to newest)
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Greece, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Netdata (West Greece, NY) in Jan 2021

Interview

It was an easy interview process. Asked me many technical and personal questions. 4 interviews in total. First interview with HR asking me general questions about my personality,skills and my experience. 2 more tecnicals and the final with CEO and CTO. About the technical interviews they asked me generally about my skills and describe me what they are doing. They were very polite and it was an nice experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netdata (New York, NY) in May 2020

Interview

Received an invitation from them for an interview. Then I received a reply for another totally different position from them telling that I was rejected. At least try to read properly what's the position about and don't make people waste time. BTW, it doesn't count when your human resources department writes brilliant Glassdor reviews about your company. Let's try to pretend being professionals at least.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, Attica

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netdata (Athens, Attica) in Jan 2020

Interview

I received an invite to the interview shortly after applying. They had a very user friendly calendar to book a time on your own according to your availability. The interviewer didn't enter the call until I had to email her and ask whether our interview was still on. She was totally unprepared and hadn't read my CV. She explained that, in order to save us from wasting our precious time, she would ask only two questions that were critical for the role and then turned my application down. In retrospect, I think everyone who applied was invited to interview without CV screening first, which is very unprofessional and disrespectful to the candidates. Poor experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed