Nursing and Midwifery Council Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Nursing and Midwifery Council

3.1

Senior Digital Communications Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nursing and Midwifery Council (London, England) in August 2020.

Interview

Really disappointed by the NMC with this one. I was really excited to interview for this role, but ended up withdrawing my application the moment it was over!

My reasons:

-When I joined the interview I was asked to "hold on for one minute please" before the interviewer even said hello.
    - I was unable to deliver a visual presentation that I was asked to prepare due to technical difficulties at the start. Their video conference platform failed so we spoke on the phone. No real effort was made on the panel's side to help, or even show any sympathy. They asked me to "continue as normal but just use your voice".
    - The team clearly are not experts in the comms fields. I asked if they would consider opening an Instagram and they replied "we don't have an audience on instagram"??? Well obviously, you don't have an account.
    - No time was set aside for casual introductions and small talk. There was no attempt to create a friendly and welcoming environment which I think is important when meeting for the first time.
    - I was shocked when one interviewer left before my interview was over. Put simply, this was rude and a red flag for me. I took the time out to meet with them and expected the same commitment back.
    - There was a real lack of conversation from the panel, and I had to ask a few times if anyone was there. This was very uncomfortable and made me not want to work with these people.
    - Also, no member of the panel asked me how I am today. "How are you" is a common courtesy.

My heart goes out to whatever poor soul ends up working for the comms teams.

Case Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nursing and Midwifery Council (London, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Mostly competency based. Interviewers make you feel at ease and also really listen to the responses provided.

We ended up discussing what the NMC was about and the challenges it faces.

Really interactive.

Investigative Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nursing and Midwifery Council (London, England) in May 2019.

Interview

In my experience, I found the interview process at NMC to be straightforward, although it took some time between my application being submitted and being invited to interview.
    Overall, I found it to be a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you ensure compliance with equality/diversity in your work?   1 Answer

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nursing and Midwifery Council (London, England) in October 2018.

Interview

Unprofessional.
    Questions were skewed for negative responses.
    LUCKY ESCAPE as only read Glassdoor reviews the evening before! It appears that people feel bullied there.
    One of the interviewers was unable to give eye contact.

Interview Questions

• We get feedback when people leave that they haven't had any career development, what would you do to make training more visible?   1 Answer

Lay Panle Member Interview

Interview

Competency based. The usual ‘give an example of what you did, why you did it and what the effect was’. The interviewers were very good, asking questions to help ensure you got the opportunity to give examples.

Interview Questions

• Describe an occasion when you had to convince a group of people of your point of view.   Answer Question

Case Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nursing and Midwifery Council (London, England) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process was great. It was basically an informal chat, but I could tell that they were already well informed and familiar with my cv. I was made to feel comfortable.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nursing and Midwifery Council.

Interview

I was informed by email that I had been shortlisted for an interview. I arrived on time and answered the standard questions for this type of role. I was told I would be informed the next day if I had been successful. However I still had not received any communication by the following week. I emailed the HR department to ask them to pass on my thanks to the interview panel and to ask when a decision would be made. To date I still have not received a response. It is poor to receive no communication on the outcome of the interview and to not be afforded an opportunity to gain feedback so that I can learn for future interviews. It should be standard practice to inform everyone the outcome after attending an interview. I am surprised that an organisation as large as this does not have these rules in place.

Interview Questions

• Why apply for a job at the Nursing and Midwifery Council?   Answer Question

Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Interview

A relatively quick contact after the application closing date inviting me for interview. Very professional 2 person board both working within HR. They asked some standard warm up questions and then moved into competancy questions. Listened carefully to the answers, graded them and took detailed notes. Ended the interview by asking if I had questions. Told within a day or two following the interview I wouldn't be short listed for the second round. Pleased to be offered contact details of one of the interviewers for feedback who called me two days later with constructive comments.

Education Policy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nursing and Midwifery Council (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Through an agency, send a cv, which is screened, and then at interview answer about 12 questions about background experience and skills and knowledge. Two interviewers were fully engaged in the discussion and it was straightforward.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous staff describe working for you?   Answer Question

Corporate Planning and Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nursing and Midwifery Council (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Shockingly poor interview form by the lead panel member. Kept looking over my shoulder through the door repeatedly as people walked past the door. Also, caught them 'doodling' on the paper where they should've been recording what I was saying. Was pretty clear their mind had been made up within the first 5 minutes, but never had the decency to supress the signs. Nothing is more deflating to an interviewee than when the interviewer behaves this way. Feedback was provided but didn't feel genuine. I suspect it was giving as to not have provided it meant not complying with the HR policy. During the feedback discussion, although being told 'clearly you are able to do the job' , pretty obvious they were 'fishing' for something to use as a reason for not being successful. Found myself constantly saying during the feedback 'So you're saying .....', to which they would just agree as if I were giving THEM the reasons or answers to give for not being successful! Interviewing is far from scientific, but certainly needs good interviewers (and at AD level you would expect that?) who care about the process and getting the best out of the candidate. All in all, unfortunately corroborates with the worrying and disturbing reviews the NMC has from both existing (if they are still there!) and former employees.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of where you demonstrated leadership skills?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.