Ooyala Interview Questions

Updated 25 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 93 of over 93 interviews

Employee Referral12%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Ooyala

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ooyala

Interview

It was an hangout session. nice and easy. HR round , two technical rounds. It was one of the best interview experience I ever had. They were transparent about the requirements.

Interview Questions
  • Basic ansible and linux question.
    1 Answer

Ooyala

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ooyala in Nov 2017

Interview

Applied online. Was very skeptical from reading Glassdoor reviews. Was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. HR asked me to choose a time, which I did. She emailed that she would call in 15 minutes, which was an hour prior to the time requested. Hello....no boundaries of others time.

Interview Questions
  • Several questions about skills. The third question was about my salary requirements.
  • After reading Glassdoor reviews, there is no way I would interview if called again. HR was rushed and very unprofessional.
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ooyala (Sydney) in Nov 2017

Interview

Initial call with the Recruiter out of the US. Then a call the manager out of US. Leading onto in person interviews at the office. This was done throughout the morning with various people at different times, including the MD/VP, Marketing, Sales and SE

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your past experience. How do you handle rejectment?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ooyala (Chennai) in Nov 2017

Interview

The interview was a time consuming one, it took 2 weeks for each round, so much of exaggeration , ooyala is a startup company, it is a small organization hardly 100+ employees will be working in chennai. though all the questions are answered they are not selecting the candidates,

Interview Questions
  • the interview was not much technical, its related to test scenarios

Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Jalisco

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Ooyala (Guadalajara, Jalisco, Jalisco) in Sep 2017

Interview

First HR interview by phone -> Technical phone interview -> 5 days Code Challenge -> On site interview with at least 5 persons The interview is so complete since you get interviewed by so many different people with different positions, it means that every question can be answered differently depending on the point of view. The first big step is the Code Challenge, I consider they are very exigent with this. Once on the on site interview, things turn out different because Ooyala's culture is so different than most companies, so I truly believe the candidate attitude is also a key factor.

Interview Questions
  • If your car stops out of nowhere, what is the first thing you would do?

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ooyala (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2017

Interview

The interview process was very quick 1) phone screen with recruiter 2) onsite with 5 people 3) call with remote leader. The recruiter was very communicative and they were also very thoughtful to other offers I had received during the process, being very mindful of timing. Very smooth compared to other companies with multiple on-sites and NO follow-up. Excited to join the team!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ooyala

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ooyala in Mar 2017

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the very next day requesting a phone screen. We scheduled a time, which was cancelled at the last minute (literally less than an hour prior) by the recruiter without explanation. He did ask to reschedule, which I agreed to, giving him the benefit of the doubt. He did call the second time around, and after the phone screen I was passed on to a round 2 interview with one of their trainers. This interview was an hour long phone conversation, where I was asked about my background and some technical knowledge. At the end, the interviewer told me my recruiter would be in touch soon with next steps. Well, this was several weeks ago, and I never heard from them again. I sent a follow-up email to the recruiter asking for feedback on my interview, and no answer. It seems to me this company doesn't value their candidates' time. I am currently working full-time and arranging time to step out for an interview isn't always easy - so being cancelled on last minute and then being ignored after giving them a couple hours of my time is really not appreciated. A simple email stating that I wasn't the right fit for the role would have sufficed. At the end of the day, if they treat their interviewing candidates this way, the last thing I'd want to be is their employee anyway.

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about breaking down a complex topic into digestible training material?

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ooyala (Santa Clara, CA) in Feb 2017

Interview

Phone interview for 3-month contract to hire. Great conversation with the hiring manager and they were looking to fill multiple positions. Seems like an awesome company to start out at and get experience in the tech world.

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell me what you know about Ooyala and our position in the market?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ooyala (Singapore) in Feb 2017

Interview

The process started after resume screen and Recruiter called for about 30 min to see my experience and skill fit to the role. After that It was passed to GM. It was a telephonic. He checked whether I understood the role properly and how I can relate my experience to the role. Recruiter contacted and passed me for the next round with Professional Services- VP in US. He drilled on my specific experiences on "Partner Integration", "Vendor Selection", "Ad Tech". It lasted for about 20 minutes. After a couple of days I was notified I am through for next series of rounds. This was supposed to happen in OOyala office in Singapore. But due to the person travelling, it was also telephonic. First was with VP from Singapore. There was not much of question. He asked about my background. Then he started his concerns of me not having Video management domain experience, pricing experience in video industry etc. Though he was not clearly saying I am not a fit, instead he was explaining role expectation. He went ahead and told I can visit Ooyala office even if I choose not to join and gave his personal mobile number to contact if there is anything. It was the first time in all my professional experience somebody was doing this. I found it weird and doubtful though. All the talk was about 1 hour. But no concrete questions was there. After that, there was a 30 min interview by solution architect. It was series of simple questions. Next day there was the last interview from senior management in Argentina (What this was for?? I donno). But this interview was tough. It was series of open ended questions that tested different scenarios, personality and your attitude. Most of them had to be drawn out from experience. I was happy that I could confidently answer. It started for about 20 min but took about 40 mins to complete. All this while, the interview process was smooth. The recruiter made sure that I am comfortable, though I had to attend most of the timings early morning Singapore time. Whenever there was change in schedules, recruiter jumped in to convince how important my application is to them and how they are eagerly waiting for it, After one week, I got a reply from HR - "Due to business needs they have a change in the role. They are not looking solution architect anymore." It was so bad that a company like Ooyala (who claims to be a fast growing start up) doesn't even know what position they are hiring for. They in fact does not respect applicants time and effort. Or Is it that Senior management all over the world is sitting idle, that they have enough time to do all theses fancy stuff. I guess not. I had a non-fit feeling for the role after the Singapore - VP interview. I felt like he was looking for some one like an "Account Manager". Honestly I could not feel anything of that sort from the job description they gave. My advice to Ooyala is to give the authority to "Regional teams" if they know everything and have them interview first rather wasting applicants or other executive's time. What i felt was just because there was clearance from other senior management from US, they could not reject straight away.

Interview Questions
  • How would you present Ooyala to the customer? What experience out of your background will you use for this role Some AdTech standards and Video code standards Modules involved in Video content delivery How will you speed Ad delivery for 10000 concurrent request

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ooyala (London, England, England) in Nov 2016

Interview

Initial phone interviews, followed by onsite ones - lots and lots of them, as it's their policy to introduce you to as many people as possible. And most of them had the same script. :-)

Interview Questions
  • I was challenged by one interviewer on everything I said!
Viewing 1 - 10 of 93 Interviews