OpenBet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 11 Sep 2018

3.2

Agile Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

30 mins Telephone interview
    2 hours face to face interview with a 10 minutes presentation. Then they asked me to demonstrate planning a scenario project using the white board and asked questions from the scenario and my actions. After that there was a normal question and answer session.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to prepare a 10 mins presentation on Project management in Agile environment   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2018.

Interview

phone interview, then coding test, then another phone interview, and final the face to face 2 hour interview with the tech lead and development manager.

1st round phone interview just get basic info, like skills and experience.
    online coding test, 5 questions need to be finished in one hour. a little bit rush. but not that difficult.
    then the phone interview with one senior developer, asking a lot technical question. linux, java core, thread, mysql. etc
    final round, face to face, this is the most difficult part. paper based question on java and mysql. data structure and algorithm related. need to improve the solution after your after solution.

overall, difficult interview. and very good working environment and very nice and friendly people. I love to work there so much. But I didn't make it through.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenBet.

Interview

One test online. One interview call (1h) . One interview face to face (2h 30m). During the test online, it was necessary to program in HackerRank. During the phone call, you have to reply to some easy questions. During the interview face to face, you have to program different algorithms and solve some problems.

Interview Questions

• Algorthms about sorts and strings, TCP/IP, MySQL, OOP questions and programs   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chiswick, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OpenBet (Chiswick, England) in April 2015.

Interview

Approached by their HR. Initially had a technical telephone interview which was quite easy.
     Invited to on-site interview which was a three hour long event with different groups of technical and HR people in succession. This followed up on topics in the telephone interview with more detail. some of the questions were quite technical and not in my area. It was quite tough swapping between questions from different people on skills .
    Quite a lot of technical test questions on the range of language and systems being used in the company .
    In the middle they then said were looking to mostly work in a new language not previously mentioned and not in my CV. Decision was that I was not technical enough for their demanding requirements, I told them that at the start so I didn't get to the formal 2nd interview.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (London, England).

Interview

Standard telephone interview, then online technical test to solve some programming problems (you can pick the language suits you), face to face interview with technical lead, development lead, development manager, question were about (DB - basic query optimisation - basic programming problems).

Interview Questions

• 1- you have the following db schema, write the following queries, then how would you optimise those queries.
      2- write a simple code to generate Fibonacci code and things like this.
      3- some more complex problems (you need to think about out loud so they can check your analysis and problem solving skills)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (Athens (Greece)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of three stages; a short "getting-to-know-you"15-minute interview followed by an online test, an one hour technical interview via phone including terminology and basic programming know how (mostly theoretical) and finally a face to face interview lasting about 2-3 hours where you are given 3 algorithmic problems to solve and/or propose improvements on.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (London, England) in March 2016.

Interview

Useless coding challenge as you could pick any language to work on but then had to use tcl for the job. There was 5 questions that did not make much sense.
    Phone interview followed where I was asked basic development and web questions
    Final interview was a 2 hour Skype call. It could have certainly been condensed down to an hour

Interview Questions

• Implement sorting algorithm   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OpenBet (Athens (Greece)) in December 2017.

Interview

It was a 1 hour phone interview, concerning previews work, what i prefer doing, what' s my salary expectations, how well do i know the company and mostly this kind of questions

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest achievement in your previews work, something you consider a milestone for your evolvement?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Hackerrank tests: hard but fair.
    Phone interview: hard but fair
    Face to face: hard, but mainly unfair.

Asked to whiteboard design a system in an area I haven't worked in for over 10 years.

The "specialist knowledge" trick interview question has morphed into the "specialist algorithm" trick question, fine for Hackerrank types I suppose. When I asked if they used it, I got the woolly/fudge reply that means "no we don't, but I don't want to admit it".

One reason for rejection was that I didn't know technology X, well I'd never claimed to know it, and it's not explicitly mentioned in the job description. So they need to read CVs properly and write better job descriptions. This is really unfair, as interviewees can do absolutely nothing about it.

I've come across this company in the past when dealing with a piece of software they wrote for a particular company. Let's just say that they should have done things been better then, as they should do now.

Interview Questions

• 3 whiteboard presentations. Produce the word change algorithm in 5 minutes.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OpenBet in January 2017.

Interview

I have been contacted from their internal recruiter. It all started with a phone interview where I talked about myself. Then I had to complete in 1 hour a skill test through an online platform. About 5 excercises of problem solving in my favorite programming language. Despite I passed the test they told me that my profile was not they were looking for.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.