Optiver Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 954 of over 954 interviews

Recruiter6%
3.4
HardAverageEasy

Optiver

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Optiver

Interview

Online interview initiated by a recruiter Met with member of recruiting about teams of potential fit Meet with traders from one group and talk about experience Interview ended after that

Interview Questions
  • What are the contract specs of the product you trade?
    Answer Question

Optiver

Application

I interviewed at Optiver

Interview

There were 2 rounds of games, first was 80in8 which tests basic maths skills under a strict time limit. Then 25 problem solving based sequences, some become quite difficult. Behavioural Technical Assessment Centre

Interview Questions
  • Motivations for applying What are your strengths What is your biggest achievement

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

84.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Optiver~243355
Join the conversation on

Optiver

Application

I interviewed at Optiver

Interview

Submitted an application, which contained a solution to a problem. This was followed by an invitation to an aptitude test. This was a fairly standard IQ type test. The cutoff for next round is fairly high.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Optiver

Application

I interviewed at Optiver

Interview

Phone screen, then a coding phone, then a 4 hour final interview with different engineers. Overall very little actual solving and more focused on system design type questions. Pleasant experience all around.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Optiver

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Optiver

Interview

Online Test consisting of 80-in-8, sequences, probability, and other puzzles to test analytical and problem-solving skills. It was a timed interview and consisted of mathematics and checked reaction speed, etc. It was an average to difficult level quiz.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Optiver

Application

I interviewed at Optiver

Interview

Easy 80 in 8 MCQs in numerical test, followed by other rounds before the final interview. Overall a great experience, check your state of mind, better than other competitors. Once in a lifetime interview opportunity

Optiver

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Optiver in Aug 2022

Interview

First there is a aptitude test round lasting for 2 hours, then a management test of g+ test and verbal assesment on shl, then the coding round having 3 trading based questions. I got eliminated here. Then there is 2 rounds of interview, then hr interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Optiver

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Optiver

Interview

So my process was: 1. Take home 2. Tech discussion of the solution + design interview 3. Another design interview + a programming interview Overall I spent 2-3hr on take home, 3hr interviewing + 1hr talking to their "head of talent". Next stage was to talk to CTO and offer. Ghosted. What a joke of a company!

Interview Questions
  • 1. Take home was to write a LRU cache with tweaks + some tech quiz questions 2. Design was to design Skype 3. Another design was to design a trading app that connects to an exchange + some coding questions about orderbooks

Optiver

Application

I interviewed at Optiver

Interview

Two online assessments, one behavioural interview with HR, one take-home assessment, one technical interview and one behavioural with head of the team. Process was extremely long (took over 8 weeks)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I interviewed at Optiver (New Delhi)

Interview

2 online tests testing math skills followed by 3 rounds of interviews First one is behavioural and then the next two are mostly technical with some behavioural questions Questions are designed to see how well you deal with pressure and whether you have good mathematical intuition

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 954 Interviews

Optiver Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Optiver as 61.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.39 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Graduate Software Engineer and Data Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Graduate Trader and Trader roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Optiver takes an average of 21 days when considering 140 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Trader had the quickest hiring process (on average 13 days), whereas Quantitative Trader roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 20 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Optiver according to 140 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 22.11%