Otsuka Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Otsuka Interview Questions

Interviews at Otsuka

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Otsuka in January 2020.

Interview

I applied for a newly created role in Otsuka's Marketing Department several weeks ago. After a phone screening with HR, I was invited for an on-site interview that was scheduled for the following week. I meet with three interviewers. The first was the head of Marketing, the person to whom I would be reporting. This person was very knowledgeable about the role, and we seemed to hit it off really well. The second interviewer was not in any way involved with the interviewing position in terms of collaboration or hierarchy. He provided no insight into the position and gave a very scripted response regarding company culture. I'm not sure why he was even a member of the interview panel. Nevertheless, my interview with this person ended on a positive note. The last interviewer was indifferent. I'm not sure if she was just having a bad day but she came across as somewhat rude and abrasive. It was harder for me to get a read on how that interview went because she seemed bored throughout the entire process, asking only standard STAR questions. Although directly involved with the hiring position, she seemed not to know a great deal about the responsibilities associated witht he position. Importantly, it was clear to me that all three interviewers had not reviewed my resume prior to meeting me. A large chunk of each interview time was just reviewing my resume (the first time, for them). I feel like that is incredibly disrespectful. If I am taking the time to do my due diligence on the company and position, the least they could have done was look at my resume beforehand.

The entire interview process took about 2 hours. I was told by the first interviewer that they were still interviewing other candidates, which would be concluded the following week.

I sent a thank you email following the interview and a follow-up email one week after to check in on the status of the position. I received no response. It's now been two weeks and I have not heard anything. If I didn't get the position, the right thing to do would be to let me know, not "ghost" me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you couldn't resolve a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Great people and great interview process. The video interview was awkward, but all in all a great experience. All hiring managers treated you with respect and very transparent. I had a great idea of the company and the culture before the interview process was over.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult situation. What steps did you take to resolve or correct?   Answer Question

Neuroscience Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Otsuka (Newark, NJ (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via email after I applied online with a link to complete the video screen. Screen had basic questions, nothing crazy. Recruiter was very nice and email outlined expectations for upcoming process

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Otsuka in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process was done via phone screen. I can describe this experience as being demeaning and condescending. The person kept jabbing and interrupting my question. Beyond gross and if they already had a candidates why interview and not tell the person? waste of time.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Otsuka (Louisville, KY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

It was a four step process. Video interview Skype interview, face to face interview and then final interview. Overall, the interview wasn’t too difficult. They really try and find out about you and what you can offer to you the company.

Associate Director Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Otsuka.

Interview

Contacted about 8 weeks after initial resume submission. Talked with HR manager and then hiring manager. I was in the process of setting up an on-site interview, and the company ghosted me. The first few days didn’t work out and they asked for some more options. I sent them some within 2 hours, and followed up several times by email and phone over the next couple of weeks. Never got any sort of response, not even an auto-reject email or anything. Ghosted completely. Completely unprofessional approach to hiring at any level.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Otsuka (Princeton, NJ (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Very strict interviews. But for good reason, they want the best talent and with how their interview set up is will definitely weed out the food from the great

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Otsuka (Princeton, NJ (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Onsite, 5 people on panel, 5 hours total
    Good: nice reception, that’s about it
    Con: interview team had no clue what are they interviewing for. They probably saw my resume first time then. Completely uncoordinated. The scheduler has no clue that couple of people are remote
    HRBP was a joke. She was as stoic as anyone could be, limp handshake no eye contact and worse no smile! It seemed they all are without life. No mention about culture or leadership from the hrbp
    Hiring manager was good; he knew his stuff.
    Oh, come with your lunch box. They don’t offer lunch or anything even if you are in for all day interview

Interview Questions

• Less of questioning, more of reviewing the resume. Some questions were good such as taking about game plan for 30 days   1 Answer

CTL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Otsuka (Rockville, MD (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I had an in person interview with 4 members of the team. The structure was mostly conversational with 1 “HR” question per manager. They really did a lot of talking about what they’re looking for and what the company direction is. They didn’t girl me too hard.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to manage a difficult coworker.   Answer Question

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Otsuka (Princeton, NJ (US)).

Interview

HR screening, Hiring Manager, HR follow up, in person interview (director level interviewers and one panel presentation), (very) job specific interviews, second in person interview (more of a fit assessment/meet and greet), and finally... job offer

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to uncertainty? Tell me a time when...   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.