Pinterest Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Pinterest Interview Questions

Interviews at Pinterest

2.9

Intern Engineer Interview

Interview

Standard coding interview over the phone. Questions asked were pretty typical things about algorithms. Also asked some non coding questions, for example things I have worked on in the past, etc. Interview was of a normal length, about an hour.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Technical interview with karat. The option with two interviews and then highest score is picked. The first interviewer was great! The second interviewer was horrible. The process Pinterest interview process was great!

Interview Questions

• // Given a list of integers, find the k-th biggest pair sum   Answer Question

18 Feb 2021

Thanks so much for interviewing at Pinterest, and for sharing this review. We’re so glad you had a positive experience overall, and apologize for the negative elements you encountered. If you have any additional specific feedback that you’d like to share, send us an email at gd@pinterest.com, or contact us via our anonymous hotline: (844) 704-6249. Pinterest Recruiting

Intern Interview

Interview

Code interview. Start with middle level questions. Primarily related to data processing. Used the Karat interface for interview. Also introduced one project you have worked before. Can redo the interview if not satisfied with the results.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of you previous project and show how you resolve the difficulties.   Answer Question

18 Feb 2021

Thanks so much for interviewing at Pinterest, and for sharing this review. We’re so glad you had a positive experience! If you have any additional specific feedback that you’d like to share, send us an email at gd@pinterest.com, or contact us via our anonymous hotline: (844) 704-6249. Pinterest Recruiting

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pinterest.

Interview

It was smooth. There will be an online coding assessment, then a video interview. The video interview will also be a coding challenge, and I was asked two questions. The second question was just a brief explanation on how I would approach the problem.

Interview Questions

Pinterest Response

12 Feb 2021

Thanks so much for interviewing at Pinterest, and for sharing this review. If you have any additional specific feedback that you’d like to share, send us an email at gd@pinterest.com, or contact us via our anonymous hotline: (844) 704-6249. Pinterest Recruiting

Technical Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pinterest in February 2021.

Interview

I was interviewing for this role and had a wonderful experience from the start. I had a phone screen that went great and then a google hang out with the hiring manager. I was then told I would be going to the last round which typically was a on site. However, with covid it would be virtual. It has been over a week and I have followed up twice via email my recruiter and coordinator. I have not heard back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you implemented a process and solved an issue.   Answer Question

Administrative Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pinterest (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2021.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to schedule an interview. The day of the interview, the recruiter never called me. I contacted the recruiter via email and never received an email back. Thanks for ghosting, Pinterest! Horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• I didn't even get a call so...   1 Answer

19 Feb 2021

Thanks so much for interviewing at Pinterest, and for sharing this review. We are sorry you had a negative experience, and are actively working to improve our processes and communications. If you’re willing to share more about this experience, please contact at gd@pinterest.com. Pinterest Recruiting

Marketing Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pinterest (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2021.

Interview

Was approached by a Product Marketing Manager from Pinterest via email. The person said I was a potential candidate that would qualify for a contract position in the Marketing Team.

I was not given a phone screen with the hiring manager and immediately given a take-home exercise; I was given a 3-day deadline. After sending back the exercise, the hiring manager stated that the team would review my test and follow up afterward.

Few days pass, and I did not hear a response back. Naturally, I sent an email as a follow-up on the process of my exercise. Several days later the follow-up email, I received a rejection notice from a "No-Reply" email with a Recruitment Team signature. The notice did not indicate why my application was rejected or any feedback on what I could have improved in my exercise.

Overall, this experience has left me feeling robbed of my work. I believe this sort of behavior from the hiring manager was very unethical and unprofessional. I will no longer apply to Pinterest positions again.

Business Operations Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and was reached out to in following weeks. The process was pretty typical - introductory screening, an interview with the hiring manager, and a case study. Had I moved along, there would have been a presentation and review of the case study.

Interview Questions

• Job experience, why Pinterest, what i’m looking for in my next role   Answer Question

27 Jan 2021

Thanks so much for interviewing at Pinterest, and for sharing this review. We’re always striving to improve our processes for candidates, and appreciate your feedback. If you have anything additional to share, send us an email at gd@pinterest.com, or contact us via our anonymous hotline: (844) 704-6249. Pinterest Recruiting

Software Engineer, Machine Learning Interview

Interview

Recruiter reached out on LinkedIn, and we set up a phone call to discuss the role. Next, we scheduled a technical phone screen to evaluate coding skills.

Interview Questions

Pinterest Response

Ads Measurement Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, a technical screen, and then a few hours long on site. The tech screen was relatively basic SQL and the onsite was situational questions that were relevant

Interview Questions

• Why do Facebook and Pinterest have different times between ad exposure and conversion?   Answer Question

27 Jan 2021

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.