Pinterest Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Pinterest Interview Questions

Interviews at Pinterest

2.9

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

1. coding challenge
    2. technical (leetcode medium) + behavioral interview
    3. technical interview leetcode hard

passed all test cases, thought I did well, but it was very late into the process when I did my interviews, so they might've filled up the spots, but I was rejected in the end.

Diversity Talent Lead Interview

Interview

Recruiter phone screen was friendly and professional. General questions about my background and shared expected responsibilities of the role. The next call was with the Head of Talent who was late to the call and did not apologize. My experience with the head of talent felt less authentic - in addition to being late to the call, they kept the call to 20 minutes, which is typically what happens when one deems someone unqualified. I get it as someone in the talent acquisition space, but there are higher expectations when you are speaking to someone at the Head of Talent level - this quality was not delivered and quite a turn off speaking with them. They asked me 2 questions and the rest of the conversation was spent exploiting former D&I talent at Pinterest. Sharing the names, singing their contributions and why they left to do entrepreneurial projects was an exploitive move common to some companies who tout D&I - really just paying lip service to the public. It felt like the Head of Talent was making themselves seem "woke" by associating themselves with these former D&I members. Advice to Pinterest Talent team, consider removing high level interviewers, who are not a POC, from any roles that are D&I related

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pinterest (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Pretty immediate reach-out from hiring manager since applying, couple phone calls, and then an onsite interview with a large pool of interviewers. Couple follow-up calls, then offer.

Pros
    - well-prepared interviewers
    - I was also prepped well before each interview stages
    - really thorough interview panel/structure

Cons
    - may be almost too thorough; compared to other companies, interviewed with far more people

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current company?   1 Answer

Data Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pinterest.

Interview

You’ll be asked questions from leetcode.

Fair overall. The interviewer won’t give you test cases and does a minimal job of walking you though the question in comparison to other tech companies I’ve interviewed with.

They put a lot of the clarification setting on you

Not to knock it. But I think candidates should come in prepared for the interview, knowing that you are sort of on your own and will get some help from time to time. But you are driving the session. Make sure to really make sure your interviewer is looking at the screen and giving you signal to proceed. I wrote a test case the returned the wrong output and wasn’t redirected until I wrote part of my function.

Wish the interviewer was more present to correct this as we thought through the test case.

Interview Questions

• Do the leetcode questions dispersed around the Internet for pinterest. There are 60 or so   1 Answer

Junior Data Scientist Interview

Interview

first round is online assessment which is about coding and algorithms. second round is phone interview, asking about writing sql, statistics and probability, ab testing details, data processing and analyzing using python or r

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pinterest (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Got in through referral from a great person I used to work with at a prior company. Had an initial phone screen with recruiter and then a phone screen with hiring manager. Was not invited on-site and was given a form rejection. Am 100% certain I didn't say anything in the phone screen that would disqualify me from a skills perspective, as I literally hold the same title at a similar company currently. It must have been a fit issue with the HM, but am disappointed that I was not able to come on-site if that was the case as a referral. Form rejection added insult to injury, telling me they went with someone with skills more relevant to the role. Again, I literally hold the same title somewhere else. You can pass on any candidate for any reason you want, but this pass left me relieved ultimately upon further reflection.

Interview Questions

• What do you want out of your career?   2 Answers

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pinterest in February 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. After I submitted my application online, I got an email follow up in less than 2 weeks. However, my call with the recruiter was not the best. She got onto the phone and I could tell she was off. She was speaking really fast and it felt like she was rushing me off of the phone, even though she mentioned a few times that my experience was in line with what they were looking for. Overall, our conversation lasted 15 minutes and I only had time for one question. Not sure if it is the high volume of applicants or she really wasn't honest about my experience, but it definitely turn me off from the company.

Interview Questions

• What interested most about the company?   1 Answer

Workplace Compliance Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pinterest (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of two phone interviews:

-One phone screen with the recruiter
    -One phone interview with someone on the team

The next week an interview was scheduled for an on-site interview, which consisted of 30min interviews with the entire team including the manager of the department. The on-site interview process was about 3hrs long.

After the interview there was dead silence for two weeks. I reached out to the recruiter who indicated they were finishing up interviews and debriefing the same week and would let me know that week about next steps.

The following indication was just an automated rejection email that was similar to applying. No feedback. No personal outreach at that point.

Overall, while the interview process wasn’t bad at first it deteriorated quickly right after the on-site. Which kind of sucks.

The entire process itself took like a little under 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Explain who and how many people/departments you worked with on a project?   Answer Question

Diversity Recruiting Strategy Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pinterest (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and had a call with a recruiter within a week. The recruiter I spoke with was wonderful; she had a lot of energy, despite our call being at the end of the day, and she asked thoughtful questions about my background and what I am looking for. She answered all of my questions thoroughly and thoughtfully as well.

A week after our conversation, I received an email that they were not moving forward. Overall, the process was quick and I had a positive candidate experience.

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pinterest (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I completed a recruiter phone call, hiring manager phone call, a 5-part writing challenge, and did an onsite presentation.

Positives:

- The recruiter provided an abundance of helpful information to help me succeed, including logistics for the A/V setup for my presentation.
    - I met everyone I would typically work with in this role, and got to participate in a live exercise that was like the work I would be doing - a valuable experience all interviews should have.
    - They gave me swag at the end, which was nice.

Negatives:

- Things took a very, very long time to move forward between rounds of interviewing.
    - During the interview process, there was one specific interviewer who made a couple of inappropriate statements towards me, including asking if I was a "deviant". It happened in front of other interviewers, so I laughed it off and changed the subject. Looking back, I wonder if that person was followed up on, or if other folks in the room also felt it was inappropriate. That experience gave me misgivings about the team and company culture.
    - I was referred by an employee who is close to the team I would work with. When I got my rejection, they gave me a fairly specific reason for my rejection (a lack of experience in a specific area) and said the candidate they'd gone with had that necessary experience. Soon after, I learned from my friend that the opposite was true - the person they'd hired had way less experience than me in all ways (in that specific skill, too) but was friends with one of the team members. It was disappointing to feel like I'd been lied to - they could have just said they'd gone with another candidate without giving me a reason. Though I had previously let them know I'd be interested in future opportunities with them, that experience changed my mind.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.