Plusnet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Plusnet Interview Questions

Updated 19 Aug 2018

2.2

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Plusnet.

Interview

Online application followed by a 45 min phone interview and 30 mins face to face interview. Had to wait for the face to face interview as the interviewers weren't aware that interview is taking place that day!! But otherwise it was a friendly easy interview

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had a difficult customer and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Plusnet (Sheffield, England) in July 2012.

Interview

Online application process via the BT careers site. Initial phone interview to test knowledge. second interview done at head office in sheffield comprises of written and call based exams. if successful you will be invited to a 5 week training program split into four parts 1 week customer service training the a week taking customer service calls, 2 weeks technical support training and a final week taking technical support calls before being assigned to a team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nice and smooth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Plusnet (Sheffield, England) in October 2016.

Interview

Brief mock phone call, face to face questions. Two guys there seemed genuine enough. We had a good chat. I felt the company and I would make a good fit, I felt the feeling was mutual, I felt eager and excited to join Plusnet. The guys interviewing me were saying things like "when you start with us.." etc, but then... nothing. No contact. Not a dickie bird. I assume then...I've been unsuccessful? Just don't understand. :(

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time whereby you gave great customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plusnet (Sheffield, England) in April 2013.

Interview

Online application, followed by a telephone interview about a week later. I successfully passed the telephone interview and was invited to an assessment day at Plusnet's offices in Sheffield.

Assessment day consisted of a group exercise, 2 simulated calls ( one normal and one angry customer), a face-to-face interview and a technical knowledge test. The technical knowledge test consisted of some seriously nitty questions that you wouldn't know the answers to unless you had prior experience of IT helpdesk/tech support, which I thought was unfair as the job description specifically said no previous experience required.

At the end of the interview, we were told that we would be contacted within a week to let us know whether we were successful, but Plusnet never contacted me. They conveniently don't provide a direct number for their recruitment team so you cannot ring them yourself, you can only speak to Customer Support who fob you off with false promises. Pretty disgusting, really. I think it's safe to assume that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you've gone out of your way to help a customer   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your level of techincal expertise?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Plusnet (Sheffield, England).

Interview

The agent come to me for this “urgent” job, but Plusnet took over a week to respond even after I chased closely. I didn’t actually get the interview, they rejected me because I don’t have experience of working for large companies, which made me feel lucky that I never got to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Agent had a long phone call with me asking my experience and mentioned “commercial experience”   Answer Question

Tech Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plusnet (Leeds, England) in January 2017.

Interview

simple straight forward questions which anyone can answer without really trying. Dont need to prepare for it.

Will hire anyone pretty much with good it skills.

Good job to go for good people and enviroments not a long term career thouigh.

Customer Insight Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Plusnet.

Interview

Unfortunately my interview process ended really badly. I spoke very highly of the company for the beginning of the process. However, when I reached the final stage, which following a final interview with the manager of the team and one of the team members, the recruiting manager advised he would be in touch 7 days after, when they have interviews the two other remaining applicants. After two weeks of waiting, I chased the recruiting manager to see if they had reached a decision but was simply ignored. A week later I chased this again and, again, received nothing back. As you can imagine, this was incredibly disappointing, having gone through a six month interview process with the company. It was very unprofessional and speaks volumes about their staff and the company themselves.

IT Broadband Helpsesk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plusnet (Sheffield, England) in July 2011.

Interview

It was straight forward. I was interview over the phone and later on was called to the office itself. I applied just after my degree in IT. I was enthusiacatic and was able to show my zeal to work with the organisation. I had one written exam which included types of server , IP addressing and difference between byte and bits. Face to face interview was on communication skills and i found constrcutive and scenario based. I was to work in a team with other 7 member and propose the best plan for the given scenario. After words I have a call test which checked my skill over the phone and later on I had one on one test which was again for half an hour. My real ambition and how do I see myself in coming future and what changed my perpective towards my career.

Interview Questions

• How would overcome a weakness   1 Answer
    • Where do you see youseld in next two years ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Plusnet in August 2015.

Interview

Got an email for internal recruitment team about the role and encouraging me to apply as they noticed been active on various job boards.

They phoned me a day after I applied online and I completed a quick 5 minute phone Interview.

After the phone interview at the end of the call the lady then invited me to start working the next Monday and sent me confirmation details via email.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you know about Plusnet?
      2. Describe to me how you would sell a product or service?   1 Answer

Sales and Retention's Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plusnet (Leeds, England) in April 2018.

Interview

It was a 30 min telephone interview. We walked through my CV asking questions about parts they need to know about me. Then i was asked what i know of the company and the role. Then i was asked to sell broadband to the interviewer. The interviewer acted like a potential customer by asking 'hi i want broadband', and you have to take it from there. Then i was asked competency questions. The Interviewer was clear, helpful, encouraging. Basically all you would expect in a interviewer. I failed because I DIDNT PREPARE!!! Hope that helps guys.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when u went out the way for a customer? (along them lines)   1 Answer
    • They made me do a mock sale. So the interviewer pretended to be a customer and told me he wanted broadband and i was supposed to improvise from there.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.