Post Office Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Post Office Interview Questions

Interviews at Post Office

2.7

Mail Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Post Office (Moreno Valley, CA (US)).

Interview

List of questions were given you are required to give the best answers because this is checking your personality and character. Also your knowledge of writing posting codes and reading routes.

Post Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Post Office (Bakersfield, CA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

IT WAS A VERY EASY INTERVIEW. Just questions on your previous employers. And they ask you if your schedule is flexible. And they tell you about your job position what it requires you to do

Postal Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Post Office (Odessa, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Had to pass a series of online test via the postal service emails. The questions had to do with what math, logic and customer service experience you had. The questions took about 3 hours to complete at a designated testing center.Then go to a set location to be interviewed by the USPS Post Master.

Interview Questions

• The questions had to do with what math, logic and customer service experience you had. The questions took about 3 hours to complete at a designated testing center.   Answer Question

I went to the final interview because I had been offered a job but the Post Master was not there at the time of the set interview.

City Carrier Assistant (CCA) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Post Office.

Interview

Started the interview process Nov 2nd. Now Nov 24th. I applied online for the city carrier assistant position. The process between the initial application, personality test and postal 473 test was a very quick process. Took about a week and a half to finish that process. 2 weeks later I was put on the hiring list and invited to an interview with my 85.8 I recieved on the 473 test. The actual interview was very non chalant. It was more of a mass interview with about 30 other candidates present. I went into a room with a postmaster and did my interview. He seemed very interested in me after looking at my previous work experience. Unfortunately the post office likes to take their time with things so I haven't recieved an offer yet but judging by my interview, the postmaster said he will highly recommend me and hopefully within the next few days I recieve a call.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what the job entails?   1 Answer

Rotational Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Post Office.

Interview

I applied online, and then did a virtual interview. I then did a telephone interview, and after that I was invited to an online assessment centre which involved an interview, group activity, and an individual exercise.

Head Office Employee Interview

Interview

During my interview I was asked questions which ultimately lead down the wrong path which resulted in a no. They Highlighted areas on my CV which were irrelevant to the role to catch me out. It was as if I was already a no even before the interview commenced.

Be on your guard when you interview. Overall impression is that it’s a very old company with legacy structures in place and is not aware of other London companies are leap years ahead.

Post Person With Driving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Post Office (Manchester, England) in August 2020.

Interview

I arrived in plenty of time for the interview which was at the sorting office, two people asked the questions. Another interviewee arrived while I was being interviewed. I got stuck on a few questions and I think this was the reason for no doing better on the scoring system. The interview was competency-based interview. I think the interview process was fair and could do better next time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you provided outstanding customer service   Answer Question
    • Do you like working outdoors   1 Answer

HR Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Post Office in July 2020.

Interview

Online application followed by a video interview, then a telephone interview with their recruiter followed by a virtual assessment centre (should have been an in-person AC at their head office but due to Covid-19 it was virtual).

Interview Questions

• What are some of the challenges that the post office face?   Answer Question

Counter Clerk Interview

Interview

There wasn’t much of an interview as my parents knew the postmaster, but I was asked to bring in two forms of identification and an informal chat took place. I pretty much knew I was going to get the job when I turned up for the chat, and it was just a case of sorting out the formalities such as hours and salary.

I was 19 years old at the time and agreed to the salary that was offered to me by the postmaster’s accountant — if I applied for such a position now I would negotiate for a better salary.

Counter Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Post Office (Plymouth, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Checking availability and if contract hours were okay, asked about previous experience and how I would be good for the job role, was a very straight forward and comfortable interview

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there was a big queue and a customer complained about their wait time   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.