Prophet Brand Strategy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Prophet Brand Strategy Interview Questions

Interviews at Prophet Brand Strategy

3.2

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy.

Interview

One 30 minute behavioral and one 30 minute presentation on a "relevant brand", 3 slides maximum. Behavioral also included "mini case" questions about what large, growing companies might do to expand to new markets, innovate their technology, etc.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you have had to solve a tough problem   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a person in the marketing department (half an hour) and a phone screen with the direct manager (half an hour). Since it was fellow marketers, it was a little more specific than a standard intro phone screen (ABM, Marketo, B2B challenges). Both people I spoke with had long tenures with the company and were genuinely positive about their experience working at Prophet. I enjoyed the conversations and was bummed to not advance.

The one small complaint I have is I had to follow up several times to find out the status of my candidacy. I got a general 'we're so sorry, we meant to reply, something got lost' followed by the standard moving forward with other candidates. I really want to give them the benefit of the doubt that is is true, as I think ghosting after I gave them my time (in the form of two phone interviews, plus research leading up to both) would be horribly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific campaign you've launched where you segmented by audience.   Answer Question

Graphic Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy.

Interview

Phone screening with recruiter then in person interview with two designers. Phone screening lasted about ten minutes. Interview lasted 30 minutes. Skill sets and design progress were questioned. I contacted the recruiter multiple times after the interview but I haven’t heard back after a month.

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy.

Interview

Applied online. Received automatic email afterwards requiring me to do an 8 minuted Excel test. I completed the test easily but received absolutely no response to acknowledge my application. Why force applicants to complete any tests then never contact them anymore? Waste of people's time to bother with useless tests such as this one.

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Called me straight in for on-site after briefly talking with me at career fair. They sent me a design challenge a few days before the interview and told me they expected me to spend around five hours on the challenge. I presented my design challenge via slide deck to one person and walked through my portfolio with another person. They were very nice and pleasant to talk to but it felt very rushed.

Senior Associate, Digital Strategy Interview

Interview

Not happy with my experience at Prophet at all. I had an initial phone interview. Thereafter, it was very cumbersome getting the onsite scheduled, with the recruiter being very unresponsive. I finally proceeded to the onsite which had four interviews. I believed all the interviews went well with 3/4 of the interviewers giving me positive verbal feedback like great job on the case study, etc. The recruiter then had the audacity to waste my time on the phone just to tell me I was rejected. When I specifically told her, I would only get on a call if they were moving forward. She said she prefers to do so to stay in touch. There is no way I would ever waste my time engaging with this company again. Finally, they were opaque about salary the whole time, so I really have no clue what this job pays and the extent to which it even aligned with my requirements.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy in October 2018.

Interview

Prophet had an on campus recruiting. I sent in my resume and was selected for interview. After being told I had an interview they said there would be one in which we had to bring in 3 slides of a brand that inspired us

Interview Questions

• Tell me something you learned recently   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy in October 2018.

Interview

There was an initial resume drop through my university, after which I was notified of my selection for on-campus interviews. There were 2 back-to-back 30 minute interviews with one consultant each. All candidates were asked to prepare a short 3 slide PowerPoint presentation in advance of the interview identifying either a strong or under-leveraged brand, the reasoning behind the choice, and areas for improvement. One interview was dedicated to going over this presentation, while the other interview was a brand strategy case. Afterwards, I was notified of my offer.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember my exact case, but I believe it was something along the lines of how would you suggest marketing a high-end coffee machine?   Answer Question

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy (Richmond, VA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Super casual, walked through some of my portfolio projects and overall process. They were great and allowed plenty of time for me to ask them questions. I ended up interning there for a few months and absolutely loving it - learned a ton and worked with a lot of amazing clients!

Interview Questions

• Walk us through this project and how you came to make the design decisions you did.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy.

Interview

The first round of interviews was conducted on campus. It includes two interviews: one behavioral/mini cases and one presentation. The behavioral interview was mostly questions about my resume and past experience. The mini cases were simply business scenarios and if you thought it made sense (i.e. Starbucks is thinking about expanding its dinner options, do you think this is a good idea). The presentation topic was emailed to me a few days before the interview. You had to pick a brand and discuss whether you thought it was good or bad, why you thought that, and what opportunities for improvement you think they have. Both of these interviews were engaging and not too difficult. Following that round, I was invited to go onsite for the last round. This included 2 behavioral interviews with partners (extremely conversational) and a case study with a senior associate. The case is given to you at the beginning of the case interview and you have 20 minutes to review it. Then you spend the next 40 answering questions listed on the case and follow-up questions. This was just meant to test your critical thinking skills (not trying to trick you) and you do not need any formalized approaches to solve it. The next week they called me to inform me I did not receive an offer. Despite the negative outcome, I would recommend the company to others interested in applying.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.