Push Doctor Software Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Push Doctor

1 Interview Review

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Push Doctor (Birmingham, England) in January 2018.

Interview

I have mixed reviews about the whole process. 2 staged interview. 1st stage was with one of the cofounders, the interview went well and I found the conversation between us flowed really well and we had a lot of stuff in common with work ethics and such. He was hugely inspirational person and really showcased his aspirations for the Software and company. I left feeling very excited and enthused about the whole role.

Now the second stage was a very confusing one and maybe had a lot of miscommunications which didn’t help. Now the second stage was arranged originally in Birmingham but I wasn’t too well and this had to rearranged. Interesting point here it was with their HR who was travelling down from Manchester but on the day of the interview they didn’t come to Birmingham and I wasn’t told of this or the change to be done Skype. Slightly concerning considering the outcome reasons I’ll explain shortly.

So after all this confusion it was decided that I would come visit the Manchester office and speak to HR who had some questions for me (key there is I wasn’t told this was to be another staged interview). I was quite excited to be seeing the office so I wasn’t phased by this request. Communications around this stage was very good but I was always believing this to be more of a “I meet the team and the team meets me” sort of meeting rather than an actual interview. I was concerned with the drive times and the notorious traffic on the M6 here and with me never been to Manchester before.

Arrangements made and it was confirmed not to worry about the drive time as they are aware I was travelling some distance so I was quite relaxed about this. However this statement was to be untrue and in fact I was to be on time and this was AN ACTUAL INTERVIEW.

So I left with plenty of drive time available to me, but of course meeting with traffic and then finding myself on a 50mph stretch of roadworks for over 8 miles meant I was ultimately 30 minutes late, I did of course let them know more than 45 minutes into my journey exactly what time my satnav was saying.

All through my updates of me being late I’m being told not to worry or rush as they are very understanding of the distance. All this gave me a lot of peace that I was going to join a company that was more than reasonable with situations out of ones control.

After I arrived I had what could only be described as the quickest 45 minutes of my life after driving over 2.5hrs including traffic to be giving such a short and disconcerting interview. I apologised for being late and conducted myself as best as I could.

Overall I was left massively deflated and disappointed, I was so excited after the 1st meeting the 2nd one just felt like a complete waste of my time and would of preferred a Skype call.

Had I have known I was being timed for lateness I would of just got a hotel the night before but being led to believe this wasn’t an issue meant I was calm and didn’t drive like a lunatic to try and make up time.

It was a shame as I felt myself and company were a good match and capabilities and conducting one self is important, no consideration for my attempt to apologise for being late was even considered.

I would say be careful with what your told and double check everything and if your told don’t worry about being late, you probably should.

Great company, great ethos and I would recommend them to anyone if only to work with such a great idea and a great company. Just a shame communications meant a refusal came out of this.

Interview Questions

• What sort of person are you?   1 Answer

Push Doctor Response

8 Apr 2018 – People Manager

Hi Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, we appreciate your honesty as we continuously strive to ensure our candidates receive the best experience, and feedback is important to allow us to do this. I understand you had a unique experience when it came to your interview and after your request for a rescheduled meeting, we felt you would benefit from visiting our head office. But I can only apologise for any miscommunication that came with that. I will ensure any feedback provided via an Agency is fed back adequately as from your review I do not feel that has happened. If you want to discuss this further with me please don't hesitate to reach out Humanresources@pushdr.com. Regards, The Push Doctor Team

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.